Recent content by MastertheX

1. MastertheX

Picture movement during text

How would one go about having a picture moving to the left or right while there are text boxes being used at the same time? Whenever I try to do this, the picture stops whenever a text box is being used.
  2. MastertheX

Custom buff by a percentage of a user's stat

So I'm sort of at a loss as to how to achieve this. How would one make a buff be measured by the percentage of a user's stats? For example, I want to give the user a skill that buff's the party's total atk but I want it to vary depending on the user's Mind stat (A custom stat of mine). I want...
  3. MastertheX

FREE Azur no Owari-RPG/Visual Novel Hyrbid (Help Wanted)

It's been three months, let's take a look at this bad boy. The Menu is still under construction but it is much better now. Resolution, font and background updates! More Menu stuff Some map stuff. We plan on hiring sprite artists one day.
  4. MastertheX

How would you go about subverting the player's expectations?

Hm, since I am still trying to understand it, I wouldn't say you're wrong(So someone argue that it is otherwise). I feel like the subversion is what leaves a massive impact on the player. Again, I can't argue that it's not what you just said haha, so I actually agree that's what it is.
  5. MastertheX

That's interesting. While I don't have anything significant to say, this really does help me. I feel like I can think about how I go about these character's plots in a new light now that I have more to think about. I highly doubt I can come up with something over night but it's something to...
  6. MastertheX

Hm. That's actually sounds sort of difficult to get a grasp of.
  7. MastertheX

Interesting. I took a look at it as well and I can see why it can subvert expectations. (And yeah- just looking at it, it seems uber hard xD) I suppose my issue was I didn't exactly understand how a game can subvert expectations. And I have to admit, I really like the concept. But I'll need to...
  8. MastertheX

Oh, I'm actually a large Tales of fan and plan on playing Abyss next after I finish Symphonia, which I just started. Thanks for that- now I'm even more excited for that game, but back on task, I agree. The latter is used more often nowadays. I'm kind of on the fence with it being 'bad' however...
  9. MastertheX

Title really says it all. In a story, how would you subvert the players expectations within a story? I often times think of this while working on my game and while it's nearly a 10 year plot that has been revised over and over, I feel I still have little grasp upon subverting the reader's...
  10. MastertheX

All it does is rain here, I'm more of a heat person so I don't really like it.

All it does is rain here, I'm more of a heat person so I don't really like it.
  11. MastertheX

Recently played Melty Blood. Why haven't more played this? It's a really fun 2D anime fighter.

Recently played Melty Blood. Why haven't more played this? It's a really fun 2D anime fighter.
  12. MastertheX

xD no no no! I was just testing something!

xD no no no! I was just testing something!
  13. MastertheX

[RPGMV] modifying the inventory menu?

I don't really have an answer, but I'd just like to say- I like the edits on that graphic. Good luck with your project, it sounds really interesting!
  14. MastertheX

Hahahaha, I'm no insane. You are.

Hahahaha, I'm no insane. You are.
  15. MastertheX

FREE Azur no Owari-RPG/Visual Novel Hyrbid (Help Wanted)

Another Bump! CGs have been made as well as more sprites. Story is coming along fine and very soon I plan on posting a test demo for the beginning of the game. Look forward to it!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting