Recent content by Matseb2611

1. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin

Is that the section at the docks or in the Merman city underwater?
  2. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin

Hi. Sorry for missing your posts earlier, @obsorber. I've not logged in to this site in a while. Are you still stuck or have you found a way? Which day of investigation is it? Is it when you go to the Merman city? Actually the game is designed in such a way that it's impossible to get stuck due...
  3. Matseb2611

Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn fusion? Very cool!

Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn fusion? Very cool!
  4. Matseb2611

Effect of music on emotional state

Music and sound waves certainly do affect our brain. There are actually 5 known waves that our brains transmit and they differ based on the frequencies. Depending on the prevalence of each wave, different areas of the brain activate. With repeated binaural sound set to a specific frequency, you...
  5. Matseb2611

Difficulty Level for Point and Click Style Adventure Game

Having multiple difficulty levels would be nice, I think. You could have 'Casual' or 'Regular' difficulty, where players can use clues if they're stuck, and perhaps a 'Super Casual' mode, where in addition to the clues, some interactable areas would have markers on them too so that players can...
  6. Matseb2611

Original Character Contest II Submission Thread!

Hopefully I've done it all correct. I've decided to make my own character from scratch and really got carried away. :D Please meet... Dalkas "The Alpha" Hargard [/SPOILER]
  7. Matseb2611

Innovative and Interesting States

I remember I used the Irradiated state in a few of my sci-fi games in the past. That gets inflicted if someone gets attacked by any Radiation element skills. I gave it slightly different behaviours in different games. In one of them I made it as a stackable poison state, so at one stack, it...
  8. Matseb2611

Trailer making for RPG Maker games

Your trailer is generally pretty good. It's quite similar to the kind of trailers I make for my games - usually with the first 30 or so seconds it's a buildup and introduction into the story and world, then it goes faster-paced to show off gameplay and other features, and have game logo at the...
  9. Matseb2611

Yeah, too much needless stuff for just a simple mechanic of restoring all HP and MP. I just get...

Yeah, too much needless stuff for just a simple mechanic of restoring all HP and MP. I just get round that by making a shrine or health station players can interact with. Takes them only 5 seconds to recover everything and move on rather than a whole minute. It's more enjoyable if you want to...
  10. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin 2

Glad you enjoyed it, @Marquise* . Thanks as always! Your reactions to events in the game in our Steam chat were fun to read. :D
  11. Matseb2611

Should you release a bad game?

I chose 'Other'. I think it's a shame to throw out all the hard work you put into it, so abandoning it forever should only be the last resort. But releasing a bad game just floods the market with trash and taints your reputation as a developer, so I wouldn't recommend that either. What I would...
  12. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin 2

Yeah, prequels like that can reveal segments of a backstory that your protagonist from the original is not aware of, so it's a lot more satisfying for narrative sake to have those segments of the backstory only shown to you after you've played the original.
  13. Matseb2611

OrangeGreenworks - Steam Integration with Achievements and Time Log

@MushroomCake28 : Not sure if anyone else can confirm, or if you've seen my post from the last page, but the best compatibility I had was with NWJS v22.3. Any later versions of NWJS that I tried running, launched the game fine, but didn't trigger the achievements. I am not sure if the issue was...
  14. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin 2

Thanks. I'd personally recommend to start with Snares of Ruin 1, then Zero, and then 2. Zero has a number of spoilers that could ruin the first game's plot. :)
  15. Matseb2611

What's the percentage of players that leave reviews on Steam?

Yeah, I'd confirm that usually less than 5% of all of the sales of a game will amount in reviews. Usually it's closer to like 1-2%. It will differ from game to game though. And the reasons could be plenty. Remember that most people on Steam have a backlog of games, so don't be surprised if many...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfhkjsdhfkjsdfhk