Recent content by McKathlin

1. McKathlin

Custom Game Over - development version

Hi everyone, I'm planning to update Custom Game Over to give the parameters data types, now that RPG Maker MV has made this feature available. If you have any other feature or bugfix requests, please let me know soon, and I'll consider them for the next update. Thank you!
  2. McKathlin

Hi AmateurX, sorry I'm so late to respond. If you place your "Show Choices" in the After Game Over common event, there's no need for an Abort Battle call, as the battle has already ended by the time the common event is called. I saw that you brought up the same issue on the main Custom Game...
  3. McKathlin

Custom Game Over behavior

Hi AmateurX, I'm sorry I'm replying to you so late! I was away from game and plugin development for a long time. If I'm understanding correctly, this is what you want to have happen when the party dies: The Game Over screen does not show. The screen fades to black. There is no background...
  4. McKathlin

Quasi Input

Hi Quxios, I'm getting a 404 error on all of your links to scripts and documentation; only the videos are working. Is anyone else having the same problem, and if they are, would you please look into it? Thanks!
  5. McKathlin

I've tested Kath_GameOver.js Version 1.3 on several different projects and computers, and found it to work as intended. As such I have updated the stable version to Version 1.3. Again, the "Game Over Common Event" parameter has been renamed to "After Game Over Common Event" for this latest...
  6. McKathlin

Cookie Mountain Quest - Island Quest RESURRECTED!

Go Team Beach Party, go!  I hope you're on track to finish everything that the game needs most. I look forward to having a peek at the completed work!
  7. McKathlin

I like the home music!  It's cute and sweet. The melody and harp accompaniment are just right. The one flaw I notice is that the bass' end-of-phrase notes sound a bit rough. I'd recommend poking around your instrument bank for different instruments until you find one that handles those low notes...
  8. McKathlin

Oh?  Now I'm curious!  XD
  9. McKathlin

I see. I find either style pleasant on its own, but switching between them strikes me as jarring, unless there's some sort of in-universe justification. (For instance, I've seen wildly different styles in the same work because the work's setting explicitly involves two different online games...
  10. McKathlin

I enjoyed the peek at the music and screenshots, but I'm wondering what's going on with the 8-bit overworld vs.16-bit forest. The music seems to veer between those two reference points as well. Is this style discrepancy a deliberate choice, or just a passing development phase as you hash out a...
  11. McKathlin

This sounds and looks adorable! I hope to see screenshots soon!
  12. McKathlin

Phantom Antiquary

Nice!  I have a big soft spot for games with creative (crafting) mechanics. I'm guessing that there's some sort of relationship between the professions system and the souls the player acquires. Does one advance the other in some way? How does it generally work?
  13. McKathlin

It's finally ready!  Please excuse the delay; I had some other projects eating me alive. Development version 1.3 has a "Party Death Common Event" parameter, which allows you to run a common event right after party death, before or instead of the transition to the Game Over scene. The "Game...
  14. McKathlin

Development version 1.3 is ready for playtesting! This version has a "Party Death Common Event" parameter, which allows you to run a common event right after party death, before or instead of the transition to the Game Over scene. The "Game Over Common Event" parameter has been renamed to "After...
  15. McKathlin

Error Handler plugin. WARNING: Deprecated. Do not use.

Kath_ErrorHandler.js is now deprecated. If you've updated your RPG Maker MV core engine to version 1.3.1 or any later version, please don't use Kath_ErrorHandler.js. This is an unpopular plugin that has never seen official release, so I have no plans to bring it up-to-date. But if someone really...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SehoraX