Sep 14, 2019

Awarded Medals 5

Birthday:
Nov 9, 1992 (Age: 26)

Share This Page

McTricky

Veteran, Male, 26, from London, United Kingdom

Veteran

I made a really cool battle theme about 3 months ago and I haven't really posted it anywhere, so I guess I'll contribute it here. Dec 24, 2018

McTricky was last seen:
Sep 14, 2019
    1. McTricky
      McTricky
      I think i just figured out how to make enemies/bosses be able to switch "Paradigm Roles" just like in FF13/13-2. Gonna test this out and update my tutorial if it works out.
      1. Peltron
        Peltron
        If you manage it, you are on a roll! xD

I'll keep an eye out for it. :)
        Aug 1, 2012
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Ooh! That sounds pretty cool. Hope the testing goes in your favor.
        Aug 1, 2012
    2. McTricky
      McTricky
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Peltron
        Peltron
        Amazing! You should share with other forums as well; sure they would appreciate it. :)
        Aug 1, 2012
      3. McTricky
        McTricky
        I've posted it on RMAce. I've yet to ease myself back into RRR yet.
        Aug 1, 2012
      4. Zasian
        Zasian
        sweet tut man. seriously, should add more uniqueness to boss battle. good job xD
        Aug 1, 2012
    3. McTricky
      McTricky
      Strange that an event scene that uses basic default script calls won't trigger. It was working fine before. What changed? o_O
    4. McTricky
      McTricky
      FINALLY! Managed to replicate a boss fight like the Seymour Omnis fight from FFX (essentially an element-shifting boss), minus all the aesthetic prettiness. I wonder if I should post a tutorial at somepoint?
      1. Demiurge
        Demiurge
        Please do :3
        Jul 30, 2012
      2. Peltron
        Peltron
        Yes,yes! Please share! :D
        Jul 30, 2012
      3. McTricky
        McTricky
        I'll need to play test with it a bit more just to make sure it's tight, and then I'll write it up in a few hour or tomorrow. ^^
        Jul 30, 2012
    5. McTricky
      McTricky
      I'm halfway there at sort of replicating the Seymour Omnis fight from FFX, but the problem is that the engine doesn't allow conditional control over States. I can't make a state turn on a switch or anything like that. Annoying.
      1. Lone Wolf
        Lone Wolf
        You can do the reverse. Have an event page that runs every turn/action as long as a switch is on, have the event page simply check the enemy for a specific state, then turn the first switch off and trigger a second.
        Jul 30, 2012
    6. McTricky
      McTricky
      Currently looking at the Seymour Omnis fight from Final Fantasy X, and thinking about how that style of a boss fight can be replicated in RMVXA. I'm thinking switches and maybe the help of a script.
      1. McTricky
        McTricky
        Hoo boy this is probably harder than I thought.
        Jul 29, 2012
      2. Demiurge
        Demiurge
        I hope you figure it out, that boss was heaps of fun.
        Jul 29, 2012
    7. McTricky
      McTricky
      Just made a nice wake-up-call boss fight. Playtested it and lost. Not sure if it was a legitimate loss or perhaps it needs some more balance tweaking. It's also hard because the skills the characters will have by this time are entirely up to the player...
      1. Necromus
        Necromus
        Too much possibilities to screw over your char should be prevented.

If you have a lot of freedom, you still need some guideline.

Kinda like FFX beginner vs expert sphereboard.
        Jul 26, 2012
      2. Scinaya
        Scinaya
        Test it also a few times. :3 If it is beatable, it aint too bad. Losing first time for a boss is alright, if you want it to be challenging. :D Just remind players to save before the fight. :>
        Jul 26, 2012
    8. McTricky
      McTricky
      Just finished composing a nice battle theme that speaks with emotion and perhaps betrayal. It's for my project, I'll be putting in this in my next Battle Music Pack!
    9. McTricky
      McTricky
      The awkward moment when you accidentally delete a script you didn't know you deleted, and then you can't remember how you came to acquire that script in the first place.
      1. hyde9318
        hyde9318
        You had this happen too? I am still looking for the lockpicking Ace script I had before. Still cant find it. Which sucks, it was awesome.
        Jul 20, 2012
    10. McTricky
      McTricky
      I'm horrible at designing puzzles. Ugghhh.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Robin
        Robin
        You really shouldn't rely on the dungeon generator, Jeneeus. It doesn't generate good dungeons.
        Jul 18, 2012
      3. Jeneeus Guruman
        Jeneeus Guruman
        @Conferederacy: My bad. I'm thinking about dungeon puzzle while I typed here. ^_^
        Jul 18, 2012
      4. McTricky
        McTricky
        Ctrl+D shouldn't be anyone favourite, to be fair.

And thanks Psyker, that article helps quite a bit!
        Jul 19, 2012
    11. McTricky
      McTricky
      Having trouble making this underground castle dungeon, so I'm doing a bit of research on modern and old dungeons in existing RPGs.
      1. Espon
        Espon
        Make sure to include spiders and bats. No dungeon is complete without them.
        Jul 17, 2012
      2. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Interiors like basements should be pretty boxy. If it attaches to caverns, then you can go wild with the geometry, but otherwise the complexity should come from a mazelike layout.
        Jul 17, 2012
      3. Link
        Link
        Don't forget the classic animal shaped dungeons from the first Zelda! I think there was an eagle and like a dragon or something >.>
        Jul 17, 2012
    12. McTricky
      McTricky
      Okay, I think it's time I make my project thread.
      1. Νύξ
        Νύξ
        sweet send me a link.^_^

I'll never be able to find it on my own.....T_T
        Jul 15, 2012
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 9, 1992 (Age: 26)
    First Language:
    English
    I'm Jeremiah George. Mostly known as McTricky online, and various places. Music, video games, anime, manga, piano, and blogging anime. Those are my hobbies~ I'm a budding video game musician, and I'm currently doing a Music Production for Media degree course at Ravensbourne.

My style tends to revolve around orchestral instruments and I make a lot of fast-paced music. Nobuo Uematsu is my inspiration for being a video game musician. Yoko Shimomura and Motoi Sakuraba are my musical influences.

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    McTricky

Signature