Recent content by mdqp

1. Yanfly Quest Journal problem

This was the solution! Or rather, it seems like the individual downloads are borked in some way. Using version 1.32 didn't fix the issue alone, but when I used both files from the free bundle, things actually worked. I guess there was some update or another that didn't make its way on the...
  2. Yanfly Quest Journal problem

I used the link provided from yanfly.moe (which redirects to itch.io), are there other available links? I know this is unorthodox, but would you mind trying the script in a demo yourself (and if it works, sharing the demo with me)? I can't stress this enough, I did not change anything in the...
  3. Yanfly Quest Journal problem

I used the link provided from yanfly.moe (which redirects to itch.io), are there other available links? I know this is unorthodox, but would you mind trying the script in a demo yourself (and if it works, sharing the demo with me)? I can't stress this enough, I did not change anything in the...
  4. Yanfly Quest Journal problem

I'll put the images and the explanation inside the spoiler, so they don't take too much space. The page from where I downloaded the script lists no required scripts, but I added the core yanfly script, just in case (again, I changed NO values from the default setting). Is there something I am...
  5. Yanfly Quest Journal problem

Bumping, in case someone knows the answer. I'd expect this to be something easy to confirm or (in case I am doing an obvious mistake) something easy to fix.
  6. Yanfly Quest Journal problem

Hi everyone! I recently tested Yanfly Quest Journal, and I am not sure what's the problem. Testing it on a clean project, with just Yanfly Core and this plugin, I find the current issue: When I add a single quest, everything seems fine, but adding a second one makes all quests disappear from...
  7. Plugin to allow for tutorial messages/interactions while in-menus

I assume in theory I could try to look through the code and find how the game does it when the player inputs the controls, then combine a script that lets you use common events during scenes like the menu, but I was really hoping to have a "plug and play" solution for it, since I am not overly...
  8. Plugin to allow for tutorial messages/interactions while in-menus

Yeah, it's a nice function to have, that's why I was wondering if anyone was interested in working on it or if they already made anything like it.
  9. Plugin to allow for tutorial messages/interactions while in-menus

Basically, an MV version of the Scene Tutorial script for VX Ace. Having a convenient way to control the cursor in a menu, and the ability to display messages while in scenes that don't offer a way for the developer to do so normally. Essentially, it's a method to show players any unique...
  10. Message Window Hide

Sure! The problem was with Yanfly's message core. Most of it is fine without changes, but it gives you the option to add a "name window" on top of the normal message window (to show the name of whoever is talking). Since it's a separate window, it didn't hide together with the message window...
  11. Message Window Hide

Hello there! I like this script a lot and I am considering using it. Am I right that to make it work with Yanfly's message plugin, I'd just need to alias his "name window" in a manner similar to how you alias the message box, so that both disappear when the right key is pressed? Edit: I figured...
  12. Tileset Converter to MV

This is a very simple and easy to use tool, thanks for making it! It might make it easier for me to switch from VX Ace to MV, when the time comes. :)
  13. Understanding an error

So I was on the right path. I changed things around a little, and now everything seems to work fine. I still need to re-write it so that it uses the each do method you showed me, as that is a much cleaner way to handle this, but for now I'll keep it as it is. I am writing this system to...
  14. Understanding an error

But would nil be equal to 1? The result should be false, no? Instead the game recognizes the values correctly (and when I "printed" the variable I check, after turning it into a string, I get the correct value as well), and categorizes the letters in the way I want. I can only think maybe I did...
  15. Understanding an error

Ooops! Sorry for the mistake. I was sure I had picked the right forum. :blush:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cobertk