Recent content by MechScapeZH

1. MechScapeZH

MechScape- "EARLY BIRD PRICE" IN EFFECT-ONLY $4.99!| DLC IN DEVELOPMENT

I see. The reason I asked was that I did get (comparatively very few) complaints that the system did "reduce difficulty." I was definitely leaning towards keeping it in a big way for the reasons you just stated- I'll do so, then. Thanks so much for your quick response & all your support thus far!
  2. MechScapeZH

Hi everyone, No real update today, but I'm going back-and-forth on a gameplay decision- if you recall, in the base game I included an option to view info on enemies- the Analyze system- after getting feedback that it was difficult to discern which ability would be the best to copy at any given...
  3. MechScapeZH

Favorite fancy words

Yes!! You get it, haha! It's cool and futuristic- as I said, I got it from a sci-fi comic and just thought it was the coolest thing ever. EDIT: Wait wait wait!! I just got the pun! That's incredible. :)
  4. MechScapeZH

Favorite fancy words

My word is, and will always be "imperative." I heard it in Kingdom Hearts 2 when I was seven, and somehow I liked it. "Imperative." This is imperative, that is imperative. When I was almost late for school, it was imperative that I get there. ...None of my friends could understand me, haha. I...
  5. MechScapeZH

I concur with @Sharm . The animation on the flick was top-notch, especially the villain's...

I concur with @Sharm . The animation on the flick was top-notch, especially the villain's sequences with the shadow creatures & the songs. Just sublime all-around- and it's all hand-drawn! (With computer aid, of course, but still frame-by-frame by hand!) If it's any consolation, the Mickey...
  6. MechScapeZH

Minor Update Nothing to actually... show today (it'd be just random screenshots that don't really show anything new), but Stage 3 is exactly 1/3 of the way done now. Again, this one is massive. 25 BIG maps- a true final challenge. :)
  7. MechScapeZH

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

That may very well be the case, in comparison to the fantasy assets- you brought up a very good point here! Again, I don't think these assets are bad, they are in fact very good- I just wouldn't think of them as sci-fi.
  8. MechScapeZH

Yeah, he does! There have been very few Back to the Future comics- in fact, very little series...

Yeah, he does! There have been very few Back to the Future comics- in fact, very little series media- NOT written by Gale. The man keeps an iron grip upon his franchise. :guffaw: He worked on Spider-Man as well a number of years ago- he's very much a comics writer. I'm crossing my fingers hoping...
  9. MechScapeZH

As am I! Very exciting news- I'm just waiting to see who's writing at this point. (Hoping for...

As am I! Very exciting news- I'm just waiting to see who's writing at this point. (Hoping for Bob Gale, the original creator of BttF- who is actually still writing the comics! I feel like he could do a better job with the Autobots than one of the current Transformers writers could do with the...
  10. MechScapeZH

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Wow! This is great! Honestly, the 2 features here I'm most excited about are the elimination of .m4a files and the souped-up picture commands- the first is just a great QoL thing, and I think I could do a lot with the second. The sheer amount of resources in the RTP is staggering as well. I...
  11. MechScapeZH

All mechanics at once, hmm...? Well, the extra stages have not yet been drawn up... This can easily be the concept behind the more difficult ones. Thanks so much for that- it may very well end up being a thing. :)
  12. MechScapeZH

Yup, that's the plan! Just from my own experience playing games like this, it's just so boring when you progress from stage to stage and they're all the same gameplay experience. That's why I've tried to switch it up every time. Thanks so much for your support of the game!
  13. MechScapeZH

UPDATE! Hi everyone, Stage 3 is still being worked on- some more graphical updates today. I've updated two of the recurring sprites to be animated and 3D rather than crudely drawn 2D sigils- Here's the multi-round battle-instigating sensors, now fully 3D spinning boxes. And here's the Key...
  14. MechScapeZH

RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Wow!! This is great! I'm really amazed by the music- if I'm being honest, I never really used the RTP music for previous makers since they all seemed very "medieval-" very FF, Dragon Quest, etc. To me, that was the only context they really fit in. But this... this fits in all kinds of genres...
  15. MechScapeZH

UPDATE! Here's the primary mechanic for the third stage- Torch Programs. When there aren't any lights to illuminate the path, you'll have to find these items to light the way. What's that? You'd rather take your chances in the dark and forget searching for the Torch Programs? Well, no can...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've noticed that more videos on YouTube have these segmented bookmark things in the videos themselves. It's nice being able to jump to parts of a video you want, and to have them all clearly labelled.
Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishafer001