Meowsticks
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• My brain when designing quests:
    There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
    My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Finnuval
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Why stop at a table, lets add a bed, a rug, some chairs and oh crap now we need to fully develop a housing system, noooooo!
    Meowsticks
    Meowsticks
    Don't give me ideas, that's one of the reasons this game has taken me so long. :guffaw:
    I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
    I think my favorite thing about seeing the games people are making is how different they all are. Even though we're all using (different versions of) the same engine, we all make wildly different and unique games. We all get to put a bit of ourselves into our games and that's the real magic. Happy developing everyone! :)
    Version 1.3 of Untold Story Demo should be out tomorrow! I'm almost done with my playtest and then gotta iron out all the fixes. I'm really liking the changes I've made and I hope you all like it too. :)
    Was doing some stuff with Monster sprites for something else, and had an idea to see if I could make a bigger version of a Monster. So I did it! :D

6130313-4mxxuubn-v4.webp
    I spend a lot of time working on my game and not a lot of time actually playing games I have in my backlog, so I changed that today and (finally) started up Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. Didn't get far but I can finally begin to cross it off my list.
    Haven't been feeling well the past few days, but I think I'm ready and feeling good enough to get back to working on Untold Story! As much as I wanted to work on it the last couple days, it's never in the best interest to work when you're not just up to it. It leads to a worse game.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fertrick