Merryjest
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Final day of the kickstarter campaign and my team and I decide to cap it off by doing ... musical numbers online.

These are clearly definitely My People.
    I have had the weirdest bug hitting. It happened to my tester once, and to me once, but we've not been able to replicate it since. Right before transitioning to another screen, or right after, the player character stops moving altogether. Can still open menus and the like, but the character won't move. Unfortunately when it happened to me, I closed the program by accident instead of bringing up the console :p
    Merryjest
    Merryjest
    checked and there were no autorun events happening in the background. If this has happened to anyone, I'd be curious to know.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Please don't use the status update for support questions. You're more likely to get an indepth answer and solution if you post your querry in the support forum :)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I bet a dozen people know exactly what this is (I do). But you need to post a thread in the Support forum first.
    Whoa, I must have missed an update somewhere... I just now realized the forum censors the name of that certain crowd-sourcing platform that begins with a 'P' and now I am curious as to what on Earth happened.
    I did a cost-benefit analysis and realized that I could replicate all of my other plugins' functionality through Visustella's, so I took the plunge.
    Merryjest
    Merryjest
    At this point, the Rubicon has already been crossed, as I have bought the Visual states plugin and about two others, so I would be reticent to abandon something I have already invested money on. It has been almost a year since MZ launched and nobody else thought to come up with a plugin to address one of RPG Maker's most glaring oversights (how it handles status effect displays,) so I had to make a decision.
    Merryjest
    Merryjest
    It is too late for me to turn back, but if someone makes a plugin that addresses that, it will be there for the next person who has that issue.
    Jragyn
    Jragyn
    Ya know, its kinda how i felt when i was looking at my options for an ABS in MZ- "whaddya mean no one else has really written one except for that 1 option?" and so I wrote it myself. The VS library of plugins is vast and effective, but it ain't my choice if I don't have to. That obfuscation hurts.
    Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    If the VS plugin doesn't meet your needs, you could always head over to the Plugin Requests board...
    Merryjest
    Merryjest
    It isn't so much that it doesn't meet my needs, as it is that it breaks every other plugin I have :p
    Is it me or is the community side of things kind of dead for the Visual Novel Maker?
    It's amazing how user-unfriendly the Generator is when it comes to adding new parts. I mean, who on earth ok'ed that design approach for something that's supposedly meant to be added on?
    I am still working on my game-- I just haven't made any updates. As a team of one, I don't really have the time to do the publicity/update posts. I guess that when the game is getting closer to completion, I can spend more time on the publicity.
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Don't I know it. It's all about time, mood, and space.
    Clareain_Christopher
    Clareain_Christopher
    Emphasis on laziness. :3

For my part, at least~
    "Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves." said Behan. From how some people act, consdescending and patronizing yet having nothing to show, I'd say the adage holds true ;)
    Jarrad
    Jarrad
    This is so true.
    My partner's recovery is slow but steady. Game development will continue when he is well. Until then, I'm taking the time to write.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I hope he makes a full recovery, all of the best to you both.
    Merryjest
    Merryjest
    Thank you, Cain.
    Best opening lline from a novel, ever: "He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." (Scaramouche, Rafael Sabatini)
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Can he do the Fandango?
    Being an ass to people does no favors for your image. Remember that next time you want to be an idiot all over someone's blog.
    Merryjest
    Merryjest
    Most of the time, they're just rolling around on the sandbox after the neighborhood has taken their dogs for walkies.
    zachfoss
    zachfoss
    don't forget, we have a lot of crazy people in this world.
    Natelus Densier
    Natelus Densier
    "After all, this is my own blog, It's not exactly a requirement to post bibliographies and cite sources." I'm surprised such a flawed statement has even been stated. By not citing the source of your post, and not even posting the title or author, you're risking your entire blog, and if it were to continue, possible legal action may be taken. Regardless of the consequences, it's just disrespectful to the person who wrote what people may mistakenly credit you for.
    Ah, Puzzle design, my nemesis and weakest link. I'm actually good at creating character-based puzzles, but when it comes to mechanical puzzles, that's a weakness of mine.
    NPC
    NPC
    Google time?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Went to get some stuff for February 10, the birthday of my favorite ink monster...
I have a little one-person party for Bendy every year, complete with the life-size plushie I made. And yes, I bake a birthday cake!
So technically I just ate sausages that were a year old. Use by date was 12/27/2021. But since those dates are just guesses with no scientific reasoning behind them I'll prolly be fine. Guess I know soon if I'm praying to the Porcelain God.
People laughed at me when I said that Activision Blizzard would get bought up by another company if they didn't fire their execs. Now their value has dipped so much Microsoft is willing to buy the company, likely followed by some heavy terminations if they want to purify the current toxic image of Activision Blizzard.
Pro tip: don't be this person.1642536788532.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyPhoenix13