Recent content by Mewgles

1. Mewgles

Question about MV engine limitations

You also have to keep in mind that you could probably recycle quite a few switches with proper planning. There really is nothing to worry about. Even without any planning at all it's highly unlikely you'll get even close to running out of switches.
  2. Mewgles

RMMZ ConfigManager issues

Aliasing works, thank you. Should have been able to guess that myself x) But I guess I got too tangled up figuring out why it did that rather than trying to find a simple workaround.
  3. Mewgles

RMMZ ConfigManager issues

I'm currently working on some sort of menu engine for MZ including extended player settings/options. Things are going decent so far, but I've run into an issue that when I'm adding more than like 2 or 3 extra values to ConfigManager to be saved in the player configs things go a bit out of hand...
  4. Mewgles

What are some of your favorite puzzles in any games you've played?

The puzzles in the newer Tomb Raider games were quite fun since they mixed different elements together. It wasn't just thinking and figuring out mechanics but also often had sort of a time limit to them, though they never felt like they had been made artificially harder. In general anything...
  5. Mewgles

How do you add your own sprite animations?

For an idle animation you would probably have to set up a parallel processed common event working on a timer that resets on every input. Wouldn't recommend that though since it will most likely cause lag at some point. For that you should try to find a plugin instead (I think there is one on...
  6. Mewgles

How do you add your own sprite animations?

You can exchange the character images with events (page 3 "Change Actor Images"). Might require a bit of experimenting, but you should be able to achieve all of what you want. There might also be plugins for this, but I'd say it's doable without as long as it's nothing too crazy you want to do.
  7. Mewgles

RMMV Customizable Deuteragonists?

It's probably easier for the player and also for you to balance if you give the other two characters preset stats and skills. Otherwise you might risk running the player into situations he cannot solve depending on how your game works.
  8. Mewgles

RMMZ Menu Engine/something

I've recently started to port my VXA Menu Editor to MZ and things quickly got out of hand since I haven't touched the original in years and I've got quite a few ideas on how to enhance it. Though I'm not too sure on how useful these features are which is why I'm posting here. The following...
  9. Mewgles

Custom MapName

I changed some settings on my website (which provides the downloads) to hopefully prevent browsers from caching those links in the future.
  10. Mewgles

Custom MapName

Sometimes they don't seem to register properly for me. But since you can easily simulate them with a normal select it doesn't really matter I guess.
  11. Mewgles

Custom MapName

Thanks for the suggestion! Updated those, though I went for a normal select for the latter since the boolean selectors feel quite buggy.
  12. Mewgles

Custom MapName

That was indeed a bug. I fixed it and updated the files. Thanks a lot for notifying me!
  13. Mewgles

Screen coordinate layout questions

1) X is horizontal, Y vertical. X = 0 is left side. Y = 0 is the top. 2) The coords (0, 0) would be top left corner. 3) The size does not change. It stays at the resolution you've set it. Unless you give the player the option to manually change the resolution. 4) They are relative to the...
  14. Mewgles

[SOLVED] Two (or more) Encounter Tables per map?

You could post a plugin request for this. Since it's a pretty interesting idea it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to do this. I'd do it myself, but I'm currently stuck with too many projects already :<
  15. Mewgles

[SOLVED] Two (or more) Encounter Tables per map?

The easiest way would be making two different maps witch their respective enemy lists like you've said. The only other way possible would require a plugin which is capable of switching enemy groups on the fly as far as I'm aware.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movingsolutionsmovers