Recent content by Mhin Ra

1. Mhin Ra

Vibrating/Trembling Text

That might be why I need +2 for everything; I'm using VL Gothic, which isn't the default font (IIRC). So, might be that the size of my font is slightly larger than the engine is expecting, thus the weird extra 2 ;)
  2. Mhin Ra

Vibrating/Trembling Text

I saw this reported in a different thread first (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/wiggly-shaky-text-help.124077/), but I think if you change bitmap.draw_text(0, 0, 10, pos[:height], c) to bitmap.draw_text(0, 0, text_width+2, pos[:height], c) in process_anim_character and...
  3. Mhin Ra

Wiggly/Shaky Text Help

I believe the problem with the script is this line: bitmap.draw_text(0, 0, 10, pos[:height], c) in process_anim_character. I think there's a similar line in process_name. I didn't read the one he was using for emojis very carefully. The parameters to that function are draw_text(atX, atY...
  4. Mhin Ra

Real time battle system attack bug?

@kyonides I think you presume too much ;) I had intended that you would paste the thisEvent method into the Interpreter, although I did not say that (sorry Red). It doesn't make sense outside of the context of an interpreter (if you stop and think for a sec), since get_character is an...
  5. Mhin Ra

Sorry I was offline for a while ;) Nothing scary, just busy. So, at first blush, what I would recommend is using a self switch instead. First off, I have made these utility functions on Game_Event: def setSelfSwitch(switch, value) $game_self_switches[[$game_map.map_id, @id, switch]] =...
  6. Mhin Ra

How to Play ANY RPGMaker on Mac OS X (Updated in 2020)

Hmm... so based on what I'm seeing, the game isn't even booting. I am seeing no errors or visuals; just the name of the game in the menu bar, with the wineskin menu options. If I understand correctly, that is unlikely to be a result of anything we've talked about so far, right? Like...
  7. Mhin Ra

I don't know anything about SAS, but I think your diagnosis is correct. Because you're using a global switch to indicate damage can be dealt and (it sounds like?) damage is dealt on intersection with the player's hit box, then any monster intersecting the player when any (potentially other)...
  8. Mhin Ra

Yeah; I will give that a try. The only other thing I could think of is that I'm using Zues' full screen override, which does essentially redirect the game's graphical output. I think that wouldn't prevent a window from coming up, and it's just using fairly standard GDI rendering APIs...
  9. Mhin Ra

Thank you for writing up these steps; I would never have figured out this was even possible without them! I think I followed the steps, but when I launch the resulting wineskin, nothing happens. Like it switches to the game's wineskin in the mac title bar, but no window boots after 3 minutes...
  10. Mhin Ra

Sturdy status

That may very well be a much better approach. Like I said, I do not use the RPG Maker battle system in my game, so yesterday was the first time I ever saw this code ;) It's very possible that overloading states gets awkward over time. My combat engine makes fairly heavy use of my own...
  11. Mhin Ra

Sturdy status

Ah; I had hit one too low in the method stack it seems ;) So, I think just moving my logic up to add_state is the right fix and essentially what I think I meant to do the first time. Also, I made it usable without scripting. If you define a state that is this 'survive an attack' thing and...
  12. Mhin Ra

Sturdy status

I think I can probably give that a whirl; I'll share something tomorrow :) I'd thought clearing that array was the issue, but I didn't read enough to realize it had to happen after revive.
  13. Mhin Ra

Sturdy status

Yeah; you're totz right. I am not 100% sure yet why that message is showing up; I would have assumed it was b/c a state was being added, but I think I'm short circuiting that. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can figure out how to make the message not happen. However, this should at...
  14. Mhin Ra

[VXA] moving forward

I did a skiing segment perhaps like what you're thinking. I don't know how elegant this solution is, but I had an activator event that did this: And then a parallel event that looks like this: That only handles :LEFT; you'd want to make a similar thing for :RIGHT. Note that the above...
  15. Mhin Ra

Sturdy status

I don't use the RPGMaker battle system in my game, so I am not super familiar. That said, I agree that there doesn't seem to be an obvious solution to this problem. I wrote a script that seems to more or less do what you want: class Game_Battler attr_accessor :catLives alias...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?
:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.
Hey there folks. I've got this game I've been working on story & design for over a few years. Trying out MZ to prototype it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KUTSHKY