Recent content by Mikemuk01

1. Mikemuk01

White background in a tileset

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply Andar. Your suggestion to rename the file has solved the problem
  2. Mikemuk01

White background in a tileset

I have a tileset in which the background to some tiles shows as transparent in Photoshop but which shows as solid white when I use it in VX Ace. This makes the tiles unusable. How can I make the background show as transparent?
  3. Mikemuk01

applying changes to the database

That’s a good suggestion. Thank you
  4. Mikemuk01

Thank you. That has solved the problem
  5. Mikemuk01

The apply button at the bottom of the database screen is below the bottom of my monitor screen so I can’t apply any changes I make. I can move the panel up slightly by clicking and dragging at the top of the database panel but it moves back down again when I release the mouse button. Is there...
  6. Mikemuk01

Overwritten tileset

I have stupidly managed to overwrite and ruin Exterior Tileset A while trying to import some new tiles. Is there any way I can reload Tileset A to its original form?
  7. Mikemuk01

Battle System Messages

Thank you TheoAllen. Just what I needed
  8. Mikemuk01

Battle System Messages

Can anyone tell me how I can amend some of the battle system messages such as 'slime emerged' or '10g found'?
  9. Mikemuk01

Detaching a party member

I created another actor called Sheep1 and used the attach party member event I’m sorry but I don’t understand that. Is movement event part of set move route?
  10. Mikemuk01

Detaching a party member

my player is rounding up missing sheep. When he approaches one it is added to the party and then follows the player to the sheep pen. I want it to be detached from the party and left behind when the player goes in search of the next sheep but I can’t make this work. I have an event just inside...
  11. Mikemuk01

Counting steps

Thank you for the info. I think I understand how to do it but not where to put the commands. This is what I've tried Text - Will you accept the task Choices yes/no If yes Control switch 0022 QuestStart on Control variable 0020 StepsTaken = Steps Control variable 0018 TimeUp -=...
  12. Mikemuk01

Counting steps

Thank you Andar. I'm travelling at the moment, but as soon as I can I'll give your method a try. Thank you.
  13. Mikemuk01

Counting steps

I'm sure there will be a simple answer to this problem, but I can't find it.  I want my player to accept a task from an NPC, which he will then start.  If he hasn't completed it within 100 steps he will be told by the NPC that someone else has done the job.  I know that steps are recorded...
  14. Mikemuk01

Arc Engine

Thanks again for your comments, and your patience. I'll follow those links and see what I can learn.
  15. Mikemuk01

Arc Engine

Thank you for the comments and advice. I have some limited scripting experience. I installed and used the Awesome Lighting Effects script in a game. I'm very surprised that there can be powerful and useful scripts offered without simple plain English instructions on how to use them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif
I just discovered this game exists; the premise itself is ****ing hilarious. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/kill-it-with-fire
Can't wait for next update! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caraba19