Milena
Last Activity:
Mar 27, 2018

Share This Page

Milena

The woman of many questions, Female, from Ireland

Veteran

This is probably the most hilarious interview you can hear about a developer and a reviewer. Jan 17, 2016

Milena was last seen:
Mar 27, 2018
    1. Milena
      Milena
      Good guys finish last.
      1. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        What about HallowSwallows :3 ? Do they come in second at least?
        Oct 26, 2015
    2. Milena
      Milena
      Can someone remove the "Simple enough for a child" on your slogans?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        ^

Yeah that's true.
        Oct 24, 2015
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        What Silent Darkness said. Straight up, yes, a child can make a game with it. Would it be commercial quality? Nope, that would take tinkering. But that is not the promise of the engine.

Besides, I'm sure if you familiarize yourself with JavaScript, the code won't be so unreadable. Not trying to be rude, just being honest. You can't expect to create a highly customized game without some hard work.
        Oct 25, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        "Simple enough for a child" doesn't mean you don't have to learn how to use it. And you can make a game without any scripts or plugins.
        Oct 25, 2015
    3. Milena
      Milena
      MV just came out and some people are already fired up and doing plugins.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Milena: I wasn't talking about the pre-order.
        Oct 24, 2015
      3. Ramiro
        Ramiro
        well part of it is because the JGSS is really similar to RGSS3... but in JS.
        Oct 24, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        actually nio it wasn't allowed. Those who made plugins prior to the engine's release either had a beta version (there were a very few people on the forum) or they hacked the demo game, which is actually against our site rules
        Oct 25, 2015
    4. Milena
      Milena
      While it is said that its JavaScript, I feel it more like ActionScript with the SceneManager.onError = function() thing. JS is more like function onError() {}
    5. Milena
      Milena
      A friend of mine who is also a scripter said that since MV uses JavaScript, there could be a way that Arduino JavaScript maybe able to pick up MV, then we can make portable games via Raspberry Pi, our own handheld console, that solely plays MV made games.
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        that. sounds. AWESOME! I have seen pc's based on Raspberry Pi (i think was the core) that cost about $9 starting! Making a library of mobile games would be kind of cool...
        Oct 24, 2015
      3. Harold Ã…llaberg
        Harold Ã…llaberg
        take it to the next level. put it in an arcade cabinet.
        Oct 24, 2015
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        I would totally pay for a cheap mobile console with buttons that could play MV games!
        Oct 24, 2015
    6. Milena
      Milena
      Are Tiger Games, games?
    7. Milena
      Milena
      What's the official name / call for MV's javascript language? Ruby had RGSS as its name, MV is?
      1. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Idk. RGJS? : P
        Oct 23, 2015
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        JGSS if anything w
        Oct 23, 2015
      3. Ramiro
        Ramiro
        Spike chunsoft doesn't have a name for this...

That is soooo enterbrain :p

But you may call it JGSS powered by PIXI
        Oct 23, 2015
    8. Milena
      Milena
      No demo version for MV yet? Sucks.
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        I'm thinking it'll come out when Steam releases MV. There's a 20 day trial.
        Oct 23, 2015
    9. Milena
      Milena
      Is the VX Samurai pack really just battlers and faces, no sprites?
      2. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        It provides you anything you need to create a rpg set up in medieval Japan.
        Oct 21, 2015
      3. Susan
        Susan
        It is a full set that could replace the VX RTP for a project at that time. ;)
        Oct 21, 2015
        2 people like this.
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Yeah I just rechecked mine and it's a "full" RTP
        Oct 21, 2015
    10. Milena
      Milena
      How to make your game title look cool? Ah I know, let's put some Japanese Katakana / Hiragana letters in it!
      2. Schlangan
        Schlangan
        Yeah, especially if what you write makes no sense in japanese
        Sep 11, 2015
      3. Milena
        Milena
        it seems two people was not able to get the sarcasm of my post.
        Sep 11, 2015
      4. KanaX
        KanaX
        Know what makes it even cooler? Using the default epic RTP screens.
        Sep 11, 2015
    11. Milena
      Milena
      When does a self proclaimed title socially becomes acceptable?
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Twitter, pimps, gangs, and prison.
        Aug 11, 2015
      2. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        And sometimes tumblr?
        Aug 11, 2015
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        When youre king of the lemurs of madagascar
        Aug 12, 2015
    12. Milena
      Milena
      Pardon my ignorance, but what does MV stands for in RPG Maker MV? Any mods who knows what it means? I was informed that VX in RMVX before means Vista XP, I even wonder if that's true.
      1. valkill101
        valkill101
        I'd imagine it to mean Mobile Version.
        Aug 10, 2015
      2. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        Maybe MultiVerse?
        Aug 10, 2015
      3. NPC
        NPC
        ^ My thoughts
        Aug 10, 2015
    13. Milena
      Milena
      Waiting for the release of RPG Maker MV is like the the groom excitedly waiting for his bride being marched by her father to you in front of the priest. I'm ready for the release. Saved a whole lot of money to buy it the moment it gets out.
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        I see your point I guess it's was the wording who confuse I see your point but sadly making a fulls packs it's merely really hard to do like celiannia tileset packs

but yeah when you not want to go in your own unique custom ressources it's betters to works with the free ressources out their
        Aug 9, 2015
      3. Milena
        Milena
        Besides, there's many people out there willing to help for free, as with you helping them too. My friend and I offer scripting for free, and they offer us art for free. I just dislike paying resources that aren't complete, let alone used by many people who also bought them. Uniqueness killed.
        Aug 9, 2015
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yeah I see your point some packs seem poors (E.G : dark tiles) but some packs worth the shot

but yeah they have people who help for free like I help for free for coding. drawing bust however take to much of my times for doing that for free :/ but yes I saw a lots of people who helps for free
        Aug 9, 2015
    14. Milena
      Milena
      I wish RMMV has a security system so people can't hack it and use a hacked version. So if they're going to play a game in it, the game just crashes because they're a-holes who doesn't want to spend a penny on an original product.
      2. Pine
        Pine
        You're just blantantly assuming people who can't buy things are instant jerks. I think some research about piracy, copyright laws, distribution methods and availability is in order.
        Aug 6, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        That's why they have demos now. I get it if you pirate something because it's not available in English, or if you really, really want it and don't have the money YET. As long as soon as it's available in English and you have the money you buy it. Continuing to use a pirated piece of software and refusing to buy it even though you could is a different story. And "I don't have the money now and don't know if I'll ever have the money" is kinda questionable...
        Aug 7, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        it means you don't have any intention of buying it soon or saving to buy it.

And of course it would be downright silly to admit that you're doing it on THIS forum!
        Aug 7, 2015
    15. Milena
      Milena
      Many believes in UFOs and stuff about Aliens. But here's my point. If Aliens are real and so are UFOs, are they lazy or stupid? Because during the 60s, they visited us with a flying saucer shaped ship. It's already 2015 and they're still using flying saucers and elongated ships. I thought they are an advanced kind of creature, I wonder why none of them even thought of making a bat shaped ship...or a snake ship.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        lol
        Jul 28, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      3. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Sure. Or only slightly more advanced than we are. Or human teens from the future going back to the past to troll historical figures...

There's enough possibilities out there to make a million sci-fi books, movies and games. :D
        Jul 28, 2015
      4. Marsigne
        Jul 28, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    16. Milena
      Milena
      Is arrogance backed up with skills and talent a good thing, or still a bad thing?
      2. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Confidence is good. Arrogance is what I have.
        Jul 27, 2015
      3. Banquo
        Banquo
        There's a saying in Germany, (sorry for the bad translation):

"He, who believes to be (great), stopped becoming it."

In other words: if arrogance or overconfidence have the better of you, you'll miss out your true potential.
        Jul 27, 2015
      4. Clydous
        Clydous
        Still a bad thing. Sure, bad publicity is still publicity, but humans are more geared towards those who are friendly and/or more relatable. Arrogance, in itself, pushes others away. I've known artists who've lost work/the favor of entire communities due to their arrogance and had to move on. =P
        Jul 27, 2015
    17. Milena
      Milena
      You experienced tons of bad luck in your life. You were even planning to commit suicide. Then one lonely evening you spotted a shop called "Ability Shop". Curious, you went inside. The beautiful lady owner said that you can have the abilities you sought for your entire life. Be it a master scripter, master musician or master scientist. This is of course in the condition that 1 Ability = 10 Happy Moments of your life. What abilities will you trade with your memories as?
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        I'd become a master of everything :)
        Jul 26, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's only true if wishes were truly infinitely powerful. Every system I know of had some sort of limitation. In Neverending Story a wish like that simply wouldn't have worked, the memories fueled the wishes.
        Jul 26, 2015
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Genie says no wishing for more wishes!
        Jul 26, 2015
    18. Milena
      Milena
      Over compliments is a secret jealousy.
      2. Valkyriet
        Valkyriet
        I don't think anybody over compliments. Rather, if people are jealous, they will compliment less(if at all) and have a squinty look on their faces.
        Jul 25, 2015
      3. Clydous
        Clydous
        I just love your user name, Milena! And your avatar is so pretty! You're such a joy to have around! You're the best at what you do! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

...Did I over compliment? =P
        Jul 25, 2015
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        ^ You're clearly jealous.
        Jul 26, 2015
    19. Milena
      Milena
      Ignorant question but...may I have a list of who the judges at the IGMC are? Or is there a blog post?
      1. Artificer
        Artificer
        On the main page there is a section for that but they not show all of them
        Jul 24, 2015
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Jul 24, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Do you want their bank account details and favourite chocolate too? :D
        Jul 24, 2015
    20. Milena
      Milena
      Using flowchart (programming) is useless. Agree or disagree?
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Flowcharts remember me of the earlier 2000's. Not many people use them anymore.
        Jul 24, 2015
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I like it, because I am new to it and learning. It helps me organize. I am sure I will grow away from it eventually, but the option is nice.
        Jul 24, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        It's good if you're getting into complex decision making and need to be able to follow it through clearly, make sure you've tested all possibilities, and covered all combinations.
        Jul 24, 2015
  • About

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A