Milena
Last Activity:
Mar 27, 2018

Share This Page

Milena

The woman of many questions, Female, from Ireland

Veteran

This is probably the most hilarious interview you can hear about a developer and a reviewer. Jan 17, 2016

Milena was last seen:
Mar 27, 2018
    1. Milena
      Milena
      Copyright Law changes:
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Woah, way to go right past normal discussion and straight into politics. Political discussions are not allowed outside of game making context.
        Jul 20, 2015
      3. optimum45
        optimum45
        When you discuss copyright law, it becomes a political discussion. Unfortunately, that's just the nature of law.
        Jul 20, 2015
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, this is going nowhere.
        Jul 20, 2015
    2. Milena
      Milena
      Scripts are so beneficial in RPG Maker when it comes to developing something that would change any aesthetic the default offers. What script are you using on your menu or scenes?
    3. Milena
      Milena
      What are the benefits of mosquitoes? Aside from being foods for spiders that is.
      2. Palsa
        Palsa
        According to the Sumerians, they were created by the god Enlil to torment us, but when that wasn't enough, he decided to flood the planet, he was a real sadist, and an A-hole. ^_^;
        May 24, 2015
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Well, if you're a plasmodium (malarial parasite), you're gonna need them for transport. How else are you going to get inside a human. :p
        May 24, 2015
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        @Matseb2611, you are a secret iconoclast
        May 25, 2015
    4. Milena
      Milena
      If someone hurt you when you were a kid or bullied you and after years you saw him and when you were in need he was the first one to help you and the ones you called friends abandoned you, will you consider that bully a good friend or not.
      2. Artificer
        Artificer
        Depends..
        May 20, 2015
      3. supercow
        supercow
        of course friend,

kids are kids , kids do so many stupid stuff .
        May 20, 2015
      4. Hahn Deathspark
        Hahn Deathspark
        I had this kind of friend too. I decided to give him a second chance because I thought he changed. No, he still kicked my butt. Never trusting these kind of bastards again. Being good sometimes just gets you more trouble :/
        May 20, 2015
    5. Milena
      Milena
      How many events can be made in one map?
      2. Another Fen
        Another Fen
        If you create events in the editor, then it's 999 (the editor refuses to create more after that point), if you add them outside the editor you could even create a million of them (but don't expect the map to work...) :)
        May 17, 2015
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        If you create events outside the editor you are not limited to only have 1 event per tile ^^
        May 17, 2015
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        @Artificer - not really, even static events contribute to lag due to the sprites and other things created per event...

but yeah, theoretically, you could put SOOOOO many events if you don't restrict yourself to just making them on the editor itself...
        May 17, 2015
    6. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      oh for the tankentai demo I finally found the bug (was pretty occupied) so I can continue the demo :)
      1. Milena
        Milena
        Thanks and no worries. Also, my friend is scripting a new SBS that might be on par with Tankentai, so right now using Tankentai is not an option anymore.
        May 11, 2015
    7. Milena
      Milena
      It's ridiculous how Street Fighter characters don't have easy controls. For example, Bison's psycho crusher is backward charge, forward punch... or like Chun Li's basic kick technique is like... Down Charge, wait, up, kick. You'll get beaten up before you even complete one simple kick.
      2. hiromu656
        hiromu656
        Yes the controls do not change much but the mechanics do. In SF Third Strike for example, shotos (or chars with hadouken, shoryuken etc.) are sometimes the weakest of the characters because of the Parry mechanic's simplicity. It makes projectile characters lose a very powerful tool. Some people have trouble Charging, I did for a while, the toughest characters for me are ones like Zangief, or T.Hawk who use full circles or half circles to use their best moves.
        May 4, 2015
      3. Blah_Blee
        Blah_Blee
        Charge characters are supposed to be defensive. Most of the time, they're blocking attacks while charging inputs. The only aggressive charge character is Decapre, and she's pretty difficult to use.
        May 4, 2015
      4. Iavra
        Iavra
        I've never played Street Fighter, but to this day i'm still waiting for a game like Soul Calibur 2/3...Mitsurugi was easily my favorite char (except Necrid in SC 2, but he was OP anyway :D ) and i even managed some Ivy finishers on a good day.
        May 4, 2015
    8. Milena
      Milena
      Aside from dual wielding, what other wields do you think is good?
      2. Julien Brightside
        Julien Brightside
        Dual welder wielding?
        May 1, 2015
      3. Matseb2611
      4. Centipede
        Centipede
        What about a blade in one hand, and a magic scepter in the other for buffs and projectile spells?
        May 2, 2015
    9. Milena
      Milena
      Where's that moderator who laughed at me when I said Enterbrain was looking forward for 3D integration? check the new tweets from tkool: https://twitter.com/tkool_dev
      2. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        Hmm, ah yes... I have no idea what this says
        Apr 30, 2015
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        In Google Chrome you can hit "Translate" and it will approximate for ya. It's not real 3d, but it's similar to FF and Chronotriggers's "3D" effects during the Super Nintendo Era.
        Apr 30, 2015
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yup it's not 3d but speudo 3D with a optimisation in the script if this for ace they will redesign maybe the hidden map class for permit the speudo 3D stuff or they will make a dll patch for that haha
        Apr 30, 2015
    10. Milena
      Milena
      While others are enjoying RM2K3, I am looking forward for the newest RPG Maker from Enterbrain themselves, the one they said is having a 3D support or Blender 3D Integration.
      2. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        so far i think your full of it, looking on google chrome and no recent updates even mention a new rpg maker
        Apr 26, 2015
      3. Rezca
        Rezca
        I've seen some speculation but that's it. The 2k3 trailer having a brief glimpse of a RpgMaker ??? box in the late 2015 probably fueled that speculation a bit heh.
        Apr 26, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        mmm ... I won't hold my breath.
        Apr 26, 2015
    11. Milena
      Milena
      I saw an infographic that Ruby is the 3rd highest paid programming language in the whole world. Ruby and Rails specifically.
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        1st and 2nd?
        Apr 22, 2015
      2. Ruby
        Ruby
        It's because I'm the best.
        Apr 22, 2015
    12. Milena
      Milena
      I pity the scripters who gets their script gets asked for compatibility everytime.
      1. Blinn
        Blinn
        I pity da fool!
        Apr 20, 2015
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        haha - I just make an official statement saying "I won't do it - don't ask me" :)
        Apr 21, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Only because I don't have time, and I don't use other people's scripts so it would be a huge learning curve to do it (requiring even more time).
        Apr 21, 2015
    13. Milena
      Milena
      What is your most awful experience as a service provider?
      2. KanaX
        KanaX
        Usually people who feel like they know exactly what's happening, even though they don't have a clue.
        Apr 19, 2015
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Having customers.
        Apr 19, 2015
      4. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Had a guy bring in a computer and yell at me while I was working alone one day, and complained about a flash drive not being the full filesize it was advertised as (ie some space is used for the functioning of the device). I got angry and talked back about I have no control over any advertising or product info. Replaced his computer, but he still angrily shouted "This isn't customer service!" and bad-mouthed about me to other customers in the store. I was pretty wound up and u...
        Apr 19, 2015
    14. Milena
      Milena
      Anyone here who has any information how to contact Rhyme and get a fast reply from him / her?
    15. Milena
      Milena
      Are you a Shaman, a Decker or a Samurai?
      2. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Is there any other kind of shaman? :o
        Apr 17, 2015
      3. Milena
        Milena
        Gator Shaman is someone with a totem. It's a class from Shadowrun, where I based my question :)
        Apr 17, 2015
      4. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        I thought everyone got the question. FYI, my comment was a reference to the genesis Shadowrun where you could only pick gator if you were to be a shaman. ;)
        Apr 17, 2015
    16. Milena
      Milena
      In a battle to the death, who would win? Ralph vs. Ernest. (only default skills and stats)
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        and she will kick ralph ass by saying : BEAR!!!!!!
        Apr 16, 2015
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        You think Dekita? I think they'd team up.
        Apr 16, 2015
      4. ??????
        ??????
        Sounds kinky... :)
        Apr 16, 2015
    17. Milena
      Milena
      Remember that RPG Maker game Ao Oni / Blue Demon? I was just informed that they made a live action last year about it, and its pretty awesome. Same level as The Grudge or the Ring.
      2. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        Eh, Shyamalan had, what, two good movies?

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were awesome, but then, Plot Twist, Shyamalan turns out to be a one-trick pony... :p

Also, I was not referring to horror movies, but movies from games. ;)
        Apr 15, 2015
      3. Milena
        Milena
        Movies from games are kinda rare but it takes a lot of risk to make, especially if its something with a big fan base. Same with anime or cartoon.
        Apr 15, 2015
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        I never really understood the appeal of Ao Oni, maybe the movie's better... I'd love to see a movie/anime about The Witch's House, Mad Father or even Ib. I actually bought a small Gary figure, when I was in Japan :3
        Apr 15, 2015
    18. Milena
      Milena
      When I have a simple script I can't make, I ask for help. Mods and scripters alike helps me a lot. But when its a complicated script like menus and all that, I certainly would like to reward the scripter even if its just a small $. It's actually nice to give them something for their hard work. You don't go request a complicated script without nothing.
      1. ??????
        ??????
        Menus arent complex imo, they are just a pain in the ass to do, at least for me, cause I hate sitting positioning things :p
        Apr 11, 2015
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        @dekita YES. Positioning and repositioning things is like 50% of the work itself or more and it's tedious.
        Apr 11, 2015
    19. Milena
      Milena
      How ridiculous can RMXP's scripting be? I now understand why some scripters back in the past created a new SDK for RMXP. The default scripts and how it was written is terrible :\
      1. Jomarcenter
        Jomarcenter
        is it the first time enterbrain try to use ruby in their rpg maker series During the XP time since it is released in 2004 so it is understandable that just like US trying to learn how to make the programs and default script in Ruby or even on RGSS1. That why we have VX And Ace since it a improved version of the RGSS/Ruby system.
        Apr 10, 2015
      2. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Learning new frameworks reduces ones capability as a scripter.

The overly procedural code does have the benefit of being easier to learn. I.e. lower initial entry barrier.
        Apr 11, 2015
    20. Milena
      Milena
      Imagine if we did not have one language we can all understand, English for instance. How would each and everyone communicate properly and understand each other by then?
      1. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Nionese! XD
        Apr 9, 2015
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        Humph no one can speak nioniese like I speak!
        Apr 9, 2015
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        The world would have been limited to your country, like in ancient times. Or people would learn more languages than they do today?
        Apr 9, 2015
  • About

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A