Milena
Last Activity:
Mar 27, 2018

Share This Page

Milena

The woman of many questions, Female, from Ireland

Veteran

This is probably the most hilarious interview you can hear about a developer and a reviewer. Jan 17, 2016

Milena was last seen:
Mar 27, 2018
    1. Milena
      Milena
      I wonder. What if every scripter is condescending and won't share their scripts to anyone so they'd only have it for their games or for themselves. Will games be more unique to each other, since we don't see the same style over and over again? Yanfly's scripts are awesome, but I saw it on one of the games out there...then saw it again on another. Nothing changed and even more, like its identical.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        More specialized scripts don't exist because a scripter does not want to spend his/her time making something that will only be used by very few people. They WANT to release things that can be used by the general RM population.
        Apr 6, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        I think if every scripter kept their scripts to themselves, games would be more and more alike, because non-scripters wouldn't have the flexibility that comes with custom scripts, so would all be using RTP.
        Apr 7, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Same as if every artist kept their art to themselves. We'd all be stuck with RTP sprites and tilesets - or at least those of us who can't draw.
        Apr 7, 2015
    2. Milena
      Milena
      Any resident artist considering on making a whole tileset pack of Ancient China which we can buy here on the forums? I find it odd that all people uses European buildings.
      2. Milena
        Milena
        Exactly. Would be nice if we can make games that does not limit European natures. It would be weird to call your character Chan or Li when the tileset is Germanic Origin lol.
        Apr 3, 2015
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Well, the artist would have to know their time was worth it. It'd be very risky creating such a big pack in such a niche area, it probably wouldn't sell well enough to justify the time it would take to make it. From what I've heard from the artists who do these packs, it can take months or even years to create them. How many people do you know who would buy such a tileset? Probably not very many.
        Apr 3, 2015
      4. Blinn
        Blinn
        Someone with a keen eye for opportunity is going to make that tileset anyway. Most people would give up simply because it doesn't look at first to be profitable. One person at least is wanting to buy it should the artist decide to make one.
        Apr 3, 2015
    3. Milena
      Milena
      Remember, when the script support and script request you're asking is too big, sometimes free and thank you is enough. Thank you is nice, but people need cash too. That's what I think it is.
      1. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        same about ressources request haha you will be surprise how much cost for make only few bust c: (and me I am a really low prices)
        Apr 1, 2015
    4. Milena
      Milena
      In your opinion, what do you think is the cutting edge type of a script that internalizes / shows the person's scripting skill?
      1. cabfe
        cabfe
        A battle system script maybe? Some are said to be months of work.
        Mar 30, 2015
    5. Milena
      Milena
      Are you the gamer that after beating the game, you go and find glitches and see if there were errors in it and try to break the original way it was programmed?
      1. SonicToTheLimit
        SonicToTheLimit
        thats just about every game ive played! lol
        Mar 29, 2015
    6. Milena
      Milena
      A thought somehow. Say for example you are a graphic artist or a music composer or a scripter. You entered a competition about the field that you're in. You practiced, you worked hard for the competition and in the end, you are matched with someone who is not as good as you, therefore in the end you won the competition. Would you be on the side that you're happy since you've won or get insulted because they had you face a not worthy opponent?
      2. KanaX
        KanaX
        Definitely not happy, it would be pointless. But neither insulted. Perhaps other negative feelings. Being insulted requires a certain level of self-esteem, which I lack :p
        Mar 27, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        So I'd be a pro matched with a clear non-pro as if we were equals? In that sort of situation I'd be frustrated with the matchup but then I'd win so hard there would be no doubt who the better artist was. In the end I'd be happy I won and proven myself. I'm . . . kind of competitive.
        Mar 27, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        How did that other person come to be your opponent? Was it by being better than others they were matched against? If so, they worked their way up just as you did.
        Mar 27, 2015
    7. Milena
      Milena
      If you reach 8 bumps and no response, I think that clearly means no one has the idea to your problem, its too hard or probably you just have to drop off the script you're using. Do you agree?
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Sometimes it's just a matter of bumping at the right time for the right person to see
        Mar 26, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        I believe the "no one has the idea to your problem, it's too hard or probably you just have to drop off the script you're using" implies that it's a request for help thread, either in the support or the script forums.
        Mar 26, 2015
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Oh, this is for help threads... <_____<;;;;;

Yeah that does make sense.
        Mar 26, 2015
    8. Milena
      Milena
      What would be your action when you lived in a world where you're ahead of your time and no one can understand your ideas and you can't voice it out because no one will be there to listen the complexity of your brain?
      2. Athryl
        Athryl
        I get where you're coming from - I really do, but it just seems illogical that someone so far ahead of their time could not convince even a small segment of the population to listen to their ideas and inspire them to learn. I by no means am implying you'd change everyone's mind or even the majority...but even in history many great minds attract a small group who may not be their equals intellectually but still respect their knowledge. I guess my issue is more with the premise of t...
        Mar 23, 2015
      3. Athryl
        Athryl
        the question than anything else...that "no one" will be there to listen to your ideas no matter how hard you try to communicate them.
        Mar 23, 2015
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        You're right that majority of people will often reject the truth if it's against what they believe. The best way to convince those people is over time. You don't need to try to hammer your thoughts into them. Instead just plant a seed and then leave them be. With time that seed will grow and they will change their mind.
        Mar 23, 2015
    9. Milena
      Milena
      Is a derivative work bad or is it okay? Say Yanfly made a script, some guy girl the same function in a different way, is her derivative work bad?
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        Do you look at Yanfly's script first? Do you start to follow the same structure and processes? If not, there's not a problem. If you do, it's okay to base it on someone else's, as long as you make yours different enough that it's not considered an almost-copy.
        Mar 22, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        If you use Yanfly's script and make small changes here and there, that's okay too, but you've got to state that it's based on Yanfly's script with your own mods, and don't try to pass it off as your own work.
        Mar 22, 2015
      4. Milena
        Milena
        Thanks Shaz, that's reassuring.
        Mar 22, 2015
    10. Milena
      Milena
      Do you think a very good rpg maker game (I mean the top made games or professionally made) will be recognized or get noticed by Square Enix during a game convention?
      2. seita
        seita
        Ah, I take that back. it was actually Capcom. Look up "Cherry Tree High"
        Mar 16, 2015
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Capcom published that.
        Mar 16, 2015
      4. sabao
        sabao
        Published, not exactly "made". It's not out of the question for something on RM to catch a publisher's eye, but I reckon it takes a large amount of polish to pull it off. I'm betting whole-nine-yards with no RTP and stuff. Not to say you can't make a good game with just RTP, but it seems to me like these publishers want to back a team that can stand on its own.
        Mar 16, 2015
    11. Milena
      Milena
      Hmm, I'm willing to commission someone for a script but somehow everyone's shop is kinda closed. :(
      2. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        You should probably just post up a classified - request post anyway, not everyone who takes commissions will have a shop.
        Mar 3, 2015
      3. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        I agree with Scythuz, depending on what you need, I may be able to do it, but I can't do anything too complex right now due to other work I have.

Do put up a classifieds post, though.
        Mar 3, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        I think there are a number of scripters who are still offering. If you can't find someone, post in Classifieds - Requests.
        Mar 4, 2015
    12. Milena
      Milena
      May I ask a blunt question? Is Battle Symphony dead? Can't seem to find new updates.
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        If it is, it won't be the only battle system that is... T___T
        Mar 2, 2015
    13. Milena
      Milena
      When you delete a message you sent to a user when she hasn't still read your message, will she / he still receive a copy of your deleted message here in the forums?
      2. Milena
        Milena
        I can see it.
        Feb 28, 2015
      3. Milena
        Milena
        hmm I see. I can see it but you can't reply.
        Feb 28, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        I thought, once the message has been deleted, that the heading at least shows up in the other person's inbox, but with a 'deleted' status against it. I didn't think they'd still be able to read it (never tried though). If they have email notifications, they will still get the message via email.
        Mar 1, 2015
    14. Milena
      Milena
      Do you think it is fun to have a random item from a random chest based on an algorithm?
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I don't really like it to much, mainly because when all loot is randomly generated you might end up getting crap you don't need all the time. Dragon age 3 is a good example of that, my first playthrough all my rouges (including my mc) went through about 70% of the game with tier one equipment because I just couldn't get any rouge gear in chests and such. It's no fun playing a stealthy assassin type character when your well set up ambushes/backstabbings barely do any more damag...
        Feb 18, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ...damage than your warrior just strait up spamming normal attacks does. if you were to implement it I'd say have shops that sell comparable gear at the levels you should be able to get them but with expensive pricetags, and make it semi-easy to find, not an abandoned stand in the middle of nowhere run by some kind of mutant dog...
        Feb 18, 2015
      4. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        To an extent.

For extra shits & giggles, at least one of the potential finds is that the chest is a Mimic (which, of course, does drop good loot), instead of a regular treasure chest. ;)
        Feb 18, 2015
    15. Milena
      Milena
      Hm, just thinking, the next RPG Maker should have a Switches and Variables tab, its kinda takes time to go to an event and set up the name of the switches all the time.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        Yeah. I wish there was an easier way to name them. It's okay if you're using them then and there ... which, I suppose, is the need in most cases.
        Feb 14, 2015
    16. Milena
      Milena
      Did RPG Maker XP developers overlooked the use of Hyperliquid rendering for their player? Did no one of them ever thought that 40FPS will not be enough to hold the graphics? Ace has almost 120FPS if adjusted right.
    17. Milena
      Milena
      Final Fantasy 15 Gameplay Trailer:
      1. Chester
        Chester
        Kingdom Hearts 3 !
        Feb 6, 2015
    18. Milena
      Milena
      Is there a way to make my RMXP game faster? It renders slower than my RMVXAce made game.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        RMXP runs at 30FPS, I believe. I don't know of any way to make it faster. But you could ask in the forum ;)
        Feb 6, 2015
    19. Milena
      Milena
      Aside from Mode 7, any other methods to do 3d-like elements in RPG Maker?
    20. Milena
      Milena
      Question to everyone: RPG Maker Web Restaff made a resource of Arthurian Battle Quotes...were those originals or from a game somewhere?
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Original. Rips aren't allowed on the forum.
        Jan 11, 2015
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Pretty sure those were originally recorded by McTricky and Chaos Avian.
        Jan 11, 2015
      3. Milena
        Milena
        I see. I was looking for female voices too, sadly Mctricky and Chaos' the only ones I can find... :\
        Jan 11, 2015
  • About

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A