1. View previous comments...
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I need a translator
        Jun 8, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        This isn't the status you're looking for, move along. *Jedi hand gesture*
        Jun 8, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Sorry Milennin, wrong status, bye " ' " ' "
        Jun 9, 2018
        shadefoundry and Milennin like this.
    2. Milennin
      Milennin
      Hard drive just died this morning (R.I.P.), luckily got all my stuffs recovered, lol. Always back-up your files...
      1. fimamati likes this.
    3. Milennin
      Milennin
      My latest skill involves pelting the enemy with a swarm of faeries...
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        LOL! Actually throwing fairies at foes? xD
        May 1, 2018
    4. Milennin
      Milennin
      Happily working in RPG Maker, then suddenly power cut. Then I wake up...
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Then you wake up.....then what?
        Apr 25, 2018
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        wipe the sweat off, and drink a cup of shower while you take a coffee, before work. O _ <
        Apr 25, 2018
        starlight dream and fimamati like this.
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        @KayZaman Back-up project and then back-up project one more time to be sure.
        Apr 25, 2018
    5. Milennin
      Milennin
      If a healer is someone who restores HP, what do you call someone who restores MP?
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I would have assumed such a job would fall to the healer as well, or, more commonly fall to objects to restore. I question the need to essentially have two healers in your party, unless they can also offer some attack damage as well.
        Apr 24, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        @mlogan The game lets you pick you pick 2 party members, in addition to your main character, to come with you. So you can bring just a healer, or just a mana replenisher, or you can go for both. Or ignore both of them and go for the attacker & defender instead.
        Apr 24, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        Having thought about it some more, I think I'm going with Reloader. Since MP serves as a sort of ammunition, but for skills, it makes sense in a way... I think, lol.
        Apr 25, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    6. Milennin
      Milennin
      Spending an entire evening updating skill descriptions... good times.
    7. Milennin
      Milennin
      I was thinking... what if you had a character who heals the enemy just so they can hurt them more? To satisfy their own sadistic nature...
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        I made it but not cruel you said.
        Apr 19, 2018
        The Stranger and Thomas Smith like this.
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Could be an interesting quirk that comes with using an OP character. Perhaps all characters could have negative quirks of some sort associated with their personality in the game. Imagine a character who refuses to get healed in battle because he thinks it's not manly enough and that pain is gain. :p
        Apr 19, 2018
        Thomas Smith and Milennin like this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think you might be a bit of a dark horse, @Milennin. :p BDSM Quest.
        Apr 19, 2018
        Thomas Smith and Milennin like this.
    8. Milennin
      Milennin
      Any tricks to making mapping not feel like such a soul-crushing task?
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. lianderson
        lianderson
        Listen to music while you do it.
        Apr 20, 2017
      4. feckyeslife
        feckyeslife
        Seconding what Lianderson said. Put on music that's themed to the map you're making.
        Apr 20, 2017
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Start by finding a few maps by other people that achieve the look you want and use them as inspiration and reference.
        Apr 20, 2017
    9. Milennin
      Milennin
      Spent like an hour making custom fence graphics, then I remembered MV already has them in the RTP. :(
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. Arisa
        Arisa
        Awwww.
        Apr 17, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      3. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Your custom made fences are way better than the ones from MV RTP u.u
        Apr 17, 2017
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        Oh, yeah. They actually are, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time. They are more like the RM2K(3) type of fence.
        Apr 17, 2017
    10. Milennin
      Milennin
      OMG, I have no clue how to add a link to a picture on this new forum. Help?
      2. Faye Valentine
        Faye Valentine
        It works just fine pal. You just gotta do it this way:

[*url=link][*img]picturelink[*/img][*/url]
        Oct 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Faye Valentine
        Faye Valentine
        No quotation marks on the link ^^
        Oct 13, 2016
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        OMG, these forums are so messed up, but I finally got it to work, thanks. :D Seriously, these forums are the biggest disaster I've seen in my 10+ years of forum experience. And the old version of this site's forums was so good too. :(
        Oct 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. Milennin
      Milennin
      Finally at 95%+ completion for my MV game. Will publish soon. :)
      2. Faye Valentine
        Faye Valentine
        Hey, congratulations man.  :thumbsup-left: :rhappy:
        Oct 10, 2016
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        @Vampire Vox Or, in my case, one aspect of the game. But good job, @Milennin. I look forward to seeing it.  :)
        Oct 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        Looking forward to it.
        Oct 10, 2016
    12. Milennin
      Milennin
      I'm now official member of Fairy Tail. :) i.imgur.com/ODmWOyp.jpg
      1. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        You're boss bro.
        Jan 14, 2016
    13. Milennin
      Milennin
      I've never given writing much of a try, but now that I have started on a fanfic I find out I actually enjoy it.
      2. Luiishu535
        Luiishu535
        I write those all the time while at work lol
        Nov 19, 2015
      3. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        I used to write them, but I've moved on to original content. It's more fun, to be honest
        Nov 19, 2015
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        For art I prefer doing original content, but when it comes to writing it's nice to have an existing universe to work with. It also saves a lot of time not having to fully describe every character that makes an appearance. But maybe once I become more experienced with my writing I might move on to more original stuff.
        Nov 20, 2015
    14. Milennin
      Milennin
      That feeling when you finished the start of your game and everything actually works.
      1. FLG'sRetnuh
        FLG'sRetnuh
        "victory chant plays"
        Oct 29, 2015
      2. Ultimacj
        Ultimacj
        insert ff fan fare here
        Oct 29, 2015
    15. Milennin
      Milennin
      I think I'll be making a small RTP-only game with MV once it releases.
      1. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        Sounds like a good idea, and a common one at that.
        Oct 2, 2015
      2. Dungeonmind
        Dungeonmind
        Sounds like most people will be doing that who pre-ordered, or even buy it at all.
        Oct 2, 2015
    16. Milennin
      Milennin
      It's impossible for me to enjoy a normal playthrough of my own game. There are constantly little things I find I want to change, and so I go back to the editor...
      2. Milennin
        Milennin
        Well, that's a good idea actually. I've been using OneNote a little, but I forget about it more often than I should.
        Sep 13, 2015
      3. Ultimacj
        Ultimacj
        My advice once you get to that point of "completion" any little things you want to add have people beta test it even if it's just that small portion and see what they say. Just because you 'fixed' something to your taste it might not be to other people's taste. Of course at that point you're at that point of you can't please everyone but feedback is good regardless.
        Sep 13, 2015
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        I've already watched some people play though those parts of the game before I edited bits about it again, both friends and people I don't know, and everyone so far seems to like it, so it can't be that terrible.
        Sep 13, 2015
    17. Milennin
      Milennin
      Gotta love it when I'm home all day with nothing happening at all. Leave the house for 15 minutes and miss a phonecall. Typical.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Or the package deliverer just decides to not knock on the door at all and just puts up a pink slip saying they missed you because they're in a hurry. . . . >:(
        Sep 12, 2015
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Or say they've dropped it off but it's nowhere to be seen which results in a "No they didn't, yes they did, no they didn't" phone call.
        Sep 12, 2015
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Then you find out they read the numbers wrong and delivered it to your neighbor.
        Sep 12, 2015
    18. Milennin
      Milennin
      It's been less than 24 hours since my bathroom was invaded by a monster spider on which I got an unconfirmed kill. Scouted the whole room several times today, no signs of life found. Time for a shower, if I don't report back within 30-60 minutes I won't have made it out alive. Wish me luck.
      2. Milennin
        Milennin
        Phew, made it. :D Regained control over the bathroom.
        Sep 11, 2015
      3. Kes
        Kes
        And so, a fragrantly clean Milennin issues forth into the world, a look of calm authority about him, that turn of the head which warns spiders "watch out, or you're dead meat."
        Sep 11, 2015
      4. KanaX
        KanaX
        Next time, write "Dear Dairy" in the beginning of your status.
        Sep 11, 2015
    19. Milennin
      Milennin
      There's a ****ing huge ass spider in my bathroom. Tried to smash it, but missed and it ran away superfast. Pondering if I should set my house on fire or to nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.
      2. Milennin
        Milennin
        It was dark brown or grey. I've either managed to suck it up with the vacuum cleaner or it managed to somehow escape. It ran just under my shower curtains as I sweeped the vacuum cleaner over it. Spent like 15 minutes poking and checking the curtains, but nothing there. Hope it's gone now, lol. :(
        Sep 10, 2015
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        It is planning it's second stage of attack!

Although it is probably harmless.
        Sep 10, 2015
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        Well, I survived the night and it looks like bathroom is still clear.
        Sep 10, 2015
    20. Milennin
      Milennin
      That moment when you wake up too early, try to get back to sleep but your head starts filling up with gamemake ideas...
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        same!!
        Aug 29, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 23, 1986 (Age: 31)
    Hero
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My greatest joy and passion in gamemaking is developing a battle system that is different from the norm. I will not accept anything that uses default RPG mechanics, such as massive MP pools, reliance on consumables and one-trick-pony classes.

My Holy Bible on combat:

CHOICE
    First, I believe that choice is the single most important thing when it comes to making a good and engaging combat system. When there are no meaningful choices to be made, when there is always a single best answer to any given scenario, the system has failed.

RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
    Second, low total MP and MP management through skill usage and regeneration is something I do not go without. Having to manage characters' MP in every encounter is far more engaging than having a massive MP pool that can be easily replenished through consumable usage.

TRANSPARENCY
    Third, transparency is the key to making a fair but difficult game. Giving the players the information and tools they need to overcome challenges and making them easily accessible is an obligation for me as game creator, not an option. If difficult encounters come down to simple trial-and-error or guessing games, then that game has failed.

Signature

[​IMG]