Misaki
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The MMORPG I was playing announced it was shutting down recently.

It feels bad right now but I know some other people have spent probably thousands of hours on the game, with the patch day hyped up as big changes only to see the news...
    Close to finishing Octopath. Have done all the chapters, but running around doing sidequests to prep for the final boss.
    Reactions: samkfj
    samkfj
    samkfj
    Still have to try it sometime... heard a lot of good things about it... but still haven't bit the bullet to try it.
    Just randomly coming back on the forums from time to time - I want to go back into RPG maker but time constraints x.x
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Do like me and do small bits and pieces. The bulk of my progress comes from about a half an hour a day at lunchtime at work. It's not much, but I do get work done.
    Am I putting too much work on myself. I'm working on two different game projects(One that recently spiked in popularity and has a fanbase, another that I started when the former was completely dead and want to continue working on), while stacking Physics/Chem/Bio/Calculus this semester and getting community service hours done to graduate?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    You can only do so much, working on one game even can be pretty taxing. Adding onto that school makes it more so. Are you feeling burnt out? Be sure not to let your schoolwork suffer in order to balance multiple game projects.
    sabao
    sabao
    Just remember to focus on the more pressing concerns like graduating and the like first. Your other projects don't have a hard deadline or anything, right?
    Idril
    Idril
    Be sure to keep school in focus. I've ended up in some tight spots before by focusing too much on writing and other stuff - you end up with LESS time for whatever you were trying to do because you have to work extra hard to make up for lost time in school. It's not necessarily too much work as long as you balance it right. Just remember that school should be the priority, something you do first, and pretty much everything else should be done in your spare time - even if just to avoid having to retake courses to get better grades, which will take even more time.

Also - physics, chemistry, biology, AND calculus? That's one heavy courseload, I don't blame you for feeling overworked >.<
    That moment when one change messes up everything else and you can't revert that change because it's too important. RIP me. :|
    Welp.. somehow I'm going to make a super-mini rpg that uses no inventory system and is based entirely off switching out equipment from loot. Maybe it'll be a nice new concept... maybe.
    Ksi
    Ksi
    I had a game like that on the go at one point - though it was more 'you can choose x amount of items from the loot chest, choose wisely' and based around the build of your character. It's a lot of fun to mess around with new ideas and keep things fresh!
    Every time I look at one of my old projects I'm crying on the inside realizing what I worked with(A huge mess and mishmash of stuff) for over two years. I wonder how I ever worked with it.
    Super tired, I feel like I'm about to collapse from all the work I have to do tonight. When due dates are on different dates but become today because of things you have to do tommarow x.x
    I realize now that however good I was at making algorithims for a project a year ago doesn't apply to this year x.x
    Played some town of salem. A 5 minute restart came up, and everyone instantly said "RANDOM LYNCHES WE MIGHT WIN THIS". Next moment later the witch and the mafioso are lynched and we win the game at the 15 second restart mark.
    If Rise of Mythos had more of a F2P element, then it would be a fantastic game to play without paying money :(
    Looking at my current project. Then realizing I have exams to study for. Then realizing my current project is much, much, much more interesting than doing my exam review.. then ending up watching streams on twitch.. meep.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Lol - sounds like me lately. Math homework -> Skype convos -> drawing projects -> random dinosaur .gifs
    Watching a blizzard.
    Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    I'm waiting for some snow, the temperature is perfect but I don't see any snow reports yet.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Blizzards are really cool to watch as long as you're somewhere safe and warm and don't have to drive anywhere any time soon.
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    Awesome!
    It's hard to decide what to do nowadays. Two projects, one that has a fanbase and another that's probably more well done than the other one. Hmm..
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    I have the same issue lol
    Ruby
    Ruby
    I only have the desire to work on SO. :)
    12:00 :) (Where I am). So, anyone else feeling.. sleepy?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    It's 11:00 now but I fell asleep between 4-8 so I'm feeling quite awake right now.
    Just played Stick RPG 2 by Xgenstudios. Apparently they released it around 7 years after the first release of Stick RPG. Woww.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?
Trying to access kissanime, Facing issues, Here are 5 working KissAnime Alternatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoulDiamond