Last Activity:
Aug 24, 2019 at 5:05 AM
Birthday:
January 5

Share This Page

mishakoc

Veteran, Female

Veteran

My entire legs are aching so much from work today. I seriously need to start working out or something. (...Yeah, right.) Aug 24, 2019 at 1:24 AM

mishakoc was last seen:
Aug 24, 2019 at 5:05 AM
    1. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      My entire legs are aching so much from work today. I seriously need to start working out or something. (...Yeah, right.)
      1. The Stranger and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        @The Stranger I do have walking boots actually. Use them as winter shoes and shoes for hiking. But in summer it gets way too hot so for normal walking in woods I just wear sneakers.
        I don't really get blisters, my feet just feel they're going to fall off.
        How's that fun?! And why is the needle heated? It works even if it's cold.
        Aug 24, 2019 at 2:46 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Holding a needle in a flame sterilises it; don't want to get an infection.
        Aug 24, 2019 at 2:53 AM
        mishakoc and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
      5. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Oh, how come I didn't know that? I wouldn't use a needle to poke my skin but still...
        Aug 24, 2019 at 4:06 AM
    2. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      How come days pass by so quickly? I can't get anything done.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. Hyouryuu-Na
        Hyouryuu-Na
        Oh my what big walls of text! But I had to get that frhstration out of my system and make you understand the horrible situation :/
        Aug 20, 2019 at 4:06 AM
        mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Good choices. Computer science and engineering should afford you some decent opportunities; I know we could always use more engineers over here if you can't find work in your neck of the woods.
        Aug 20, 2019 at 4:49 AM
        mishakoc likes this.
      5. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Oh, I'm sorry, it sounds tough when so many people fight for one place. Also, agree with @The Stranger, engineering is a great degree to pursue.
        I'm cheering for you, you can do this!
        Aug 23, 2019 at 12:39 AM
        The Stranger and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
    3. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      https://imgur.com/a/NvYeYgx Testing character busts instead of working on the game (again).
      1. LittlePIGGY and The Stranger like this.
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        @Kes Thanks for mentioning the neck, I really appreciate it! After taking a careful look at it, I really see what you mean. I feel like the problem with drawing is I often don't see mistakes that are very obvious to other people because I'm so used to my drawing style. I usually only see them several years later, haha. I'll be sure to check the WIP thread.
        Aug 19, 2019 at 4:26 AM
        Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
      4. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        The style is recognizable, the colors are soft. Made soundly and well. Hairstyles are very affect the look of the character. For example, long hair lying on the chest visually lengthen the neck very much. And it concerns not only toon, but also living people.
        Aug 19, 2019 at 6:19 PM
      5. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        One little tick I use to spot things like the neck being to long is look at your work upside-down... Looking at it like that you'll spot inconsistenties easier
        Aug 22, 2019 at 6:44 PM
    4. LittlePIGGY
      LittlePIGGY
      If you want, I can paint a portrait of yours. In any style. You were the first Who was kind to me here, after all. Note me if YES.
      1. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Oh, that's really nice of you, thank you! But would that be really OK with you? Drawing takes a lot of time and I'd feel bad for taking the precious time you could spend doing other things from you.
        Aug 18, 2019 at 9:53 PM
        The Stranger likes this.
    5. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      While my brain says NO, my heart tells me to make tons of tileset edits to have multiple shelves filled with various stuff - it looks nice.
      1. Artificer and The Stranger like this.
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        But doing the art is more fun so I tend to procrastinate by doing that. And maps. Probably never going to finish anything like this. :D
        Aug 17, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Hyouryuu-Na
        Hyouryuu-Na
        Unlike most people I don't have a work plan. In the morning I may edit doodads, event little bits I will need waaaaaay later in the game, event cool things I wont ever need and so on. In the afternoon, I notice, as usual, whole day was wasted. That's when I grab a book to study. Actually I should give games a break. I have university admissions coming up.
        Aug 17, 2019
        The Stranger and mishakoc like this.
      5. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Yep, that sounds familiar. I don't have a game plan or a work plan either. I just do what I feel like doing and it shows. Except I never get to study much during summer vacation because of my job.

Good luck on getting accepted to university!
        Aug 18, 2019 at 12:08 AM
        Hyouryuu-Na and The Stranger like this.
    6. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      If I told you I have started more than 50 RPG projects in the last 2 years, I wouldn't even be exaggerating. I have a serious problem here.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I've only finished two projects, and neither I've shared with anyone else. One was made using that old pirated version of RM2k3 (you couldn't buy an English version way back when), and the other was made in XP. Found it a lot easier to finish projects back then too; probably because it was all so new and exciting.
        Aug 17, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
      4. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        @Hyouryuu-Na I know you're supposed to make a short game as a beginner but saying "short" is still kind of vague. Can't believe I've forgotten about the one map challenge. That might work, thanks.
        Aug 17, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        @The Stranger Yeah, I remember when I was a kid it was easier to finish stuff, even though I've only ever finished one small game. Making RPGs is hard. Especially because I want to make a story-heavy game but never have any story ideas, haha.
        Aug 17, 2019
        The Stranger and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
    7. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      Me: Will make a lot of progress on my game today. single map: failed to load Data/MapNaN.json.
      1. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        I mean every single map. :)
        Jul 30, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Looks like there's some glitch in your core scripts.
        Jul 31, 2019
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Fortunately, I managed to track the issue and it was actually a quite stupid mistake on my part (didn't expect anything else). If it were the core scripts as you said, now that would be a problem.
        Jul 31, 2019
    8. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      Just messed up my map files. Fortunately, I had a backup so I haven't lost anything. Don't forget to back up your games!
      1. Kes likes this.
      2. noajb
        noajb
        Learned this the hard way
        Jul 28, 2019
    9. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      I've been drawing character busts (again) for these past few weeks. It's not like I just don't want to finally make a serious game plan. ;_;
      1. SolonWise likes this.
      2. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        I think if you feel like drawing you should draw, and if you feel like making a game plan, then you should make a game plan. Simple like that. :)
        Jul 28, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        I think if I only stick to doing what I feel like doing then I'm never going to finish a game. Cause I never feel like making the game plan, since it's the hard part, while drawing is way more fun and (relatively) effortless for me. :)
        Jul 28, 2019
        SolonWise likes this.
    10. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      The more I try to make an RPG Maker game, the more I feel I don't have sufficient imagination for making stories. :rsad: How do you plot?
      1. Lemonrice likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        This is my kind of dev story... I mostly stuck not bcz lack of resources or technical difficulties. But mostly bcz I have no idea what to work next lol.
        Feb 13, 2019
        mishakoc and samkfj like this.
      4. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        I work quite similar to @TWings, answering a set of questions that I have in mind. When I get stuck (run out of questions to ask myself) I talk to someone about the idea and get asked more questions that I haven’t thought of yet. Is it a magic world? How many people are able to use magic? is it always present? At one point there usually is one question that sparks the idea of what your main character’s goal could be.
        Feb 13, 2019
        mishakoc, samkfj and The Stranger like this.
      5. NinjaKittyProductions
  • About

Birthday:
    January 5
    First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

Go and make a back-up of your project, seriously!