Dec 11, 2018 at 12:47 AM
Birthday:
Apr 9, 1996 (Age: 22)
Pharmacist

Share This Page

Miss Nile

Veteran, Female, 22, from Egypt

Veteran

Please, college. Please don't distract me from starting to work on that game idea I've had in mind for a while now. T_T Feb 16, 2018

Miss Nile was last seen:
Viewing thread Can the games industry ban just full game walkthrough Youtube videos?, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:47 AM
    1. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Please, college. Please don't distract me from starting to work on that game idea I've had in mind for a while now. T_T
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I was gonna say something but I'll refrain. A good technical degree like computer science or programming languages would be about all I would suggest if you want a decent job that pays and air conditioned. That or get an education in a technical skill like welding and machining. electrician.. etc . Anything liberal arts avoid like the plague.
        Feb 16, 2018
      3. onekksu
        onekksu
        Just continue it :o
        Oct 29, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        But is education (properly understood) only about getting a job? What happened to the idea that education helped you to become a well-rounded person with an interesting mind, and an understanding of the world you live in?
        Oct 29, 2018
    2. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      So I've an idea for a game, and I 'might' have plans for it to go commercial. Thing is, I'd also like to stick to RTP only. Not a good combo
      1. starlight dream and Thomas Smith like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Thanks for the insights and support, everyone. I still have some to think about but I think I'll go with this. :)

@bgillisp Wow, now that's a surprise. Would you mind sharing some of the names with me? I'd like to take a look at these games. ^^
        Feb 4, 2018
        Thomas Smith likes this.
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Data Hacker Initiation and Chronicles of a Dark Lord (original, the MV remake of it did poorly).
        Feb 4, 2018
        Miss Nile likes this.
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        However...I think the reason they sold that many copies is they have been out for years. So it's probably more a case of they slowly built up a fan base than anything.
        Feb 4, 2018
        Miss Nile likes this.
    3. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Finally offering parallax mapping in my shop. I've been meaning to do this for a long time but was hesitant. Hope all goes well. XD
      1. starlight dream and Llareian like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        @Knayter Yes, I'll take it easy especially that I am still a beginner somewhat. XD
        Jan 31, 2018
        Knayter likes this.
      4. Alexander Hawksmoor
        Alexander Hawksmoor
        I noticed it 40 seconds after I posted XD
        Jan 31, 2018
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Good luck and those are great fees too.
        Feb 1, 2018
    4. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Hmm I can't help but wonder: is there any significance that some IGMC entries get 4 judge reviews while others get only one or two? °~°
      1. Tea's Jams likes this.
      2. chalkdust
        chalkdust
        Edit: Nevermind! Wrong answer.
        Dec 20, 2017
        Tea's Jams likes this.
      3. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        If it's like previous times, each judge got a set of games to play. Then they had to nominate which games they thought best and then those games would be played by another judge and so on.
        Dec 20, 2017
        Tea's Jams likes this.
      4. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Getting 4 reviews meant you made it to the final round of scoring, top 15.
        Dec 20, 2017
    5. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      I can't help but feel like I miss making games. I love mapping for others but it's not the same as having your own project. XD
      1. watermark
        watermark
        Totally know what you mean. The only way to cure it: you should start making them again. :)
        Ring me anytime if you need any extra help.
        Nov 19, 2017
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        I'd love to play another game by you! I love the atmosphere they have. Very fairytale-like =3
        Nov 20, 2017
    6. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      I am going to have a couple of wisdom teeth extracted, both on different sides. General or local anesthesia-which would you recommend?
      2. BCj
        BCj
        I had a local anaesthesia because they don't give you a general anaesthesia here for something like that. They did one side first and only my lower jaw, it wasn't all that bad, and that's coming from someone with a heavy case of needle- and bloodphobia. I was scared as hell :p be sure to ask for painkillers and a way to clean the weound though, they didn't give me anything to clean the wound so I got a nasty infection. The upper jaw is easy though, that one was done in 5 minut...
        Sep 1, 2015
      3. BCj
        BCj
        5 minutes.
        Sep 1, 2015
      4. RHachicho
        RHachicho
        Depends .. upper jaw is easier in general. A dentist said to me if your lower jaw is solid oak the upper jaw is balsa wood. Also if the wisdom teeth are generally in good nick it's not too bad. Also ask you dentist if there are any complications. I was put out for mine because my roots are special. They curve inwards so they dan't just pull my teeth they needed to extract a decent chunk of bone too.
        Sep 7, 2017
    7. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      I hate Steam Support. Been contacting them for like 10 days now, and every time they respond, it feels like they aren't even reading what I write at all. As though I am talking to an automated machine. -.-
      2. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Different PayPal address from where I am now, so I can't make any purchases. Don't want to change the currency or anything-it's just that different addresses prevent me from buying anything.
        Aug 27, 2015
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Don't any of the alternative payment methods work for you?
        Aug 27, 2015
      4. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Nope, unfortunately. I only have access to this PayPal account, at least for this period of time. :/
        Aug 27, 2015
    8. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Probably silly question, but games that are put on Greenlight don't have to be commercial to be released on Steam if it got enough votes, right?
      2. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Yeah, I am aware about the fee. Pretty expensive but at least if the game is good enough, it can be on Steam one day and that makes it worth it if you want to build your name. XD
        Aug 5, 2015
      3. Gothic Lolita
        Gothic Lolita
        That is actually true, but sadly it would be super hard for me to get that fee. :D

So I would be a bit forced to do it as a commercial. :/

And free games often get downvoted for no reason, because the workshop is there too. Readed many commenting that way. I'm happy to see good new RPG Maker games. :) (\s/)
        Aug 5, 2015
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        Once you pay that fee you can upload as many games as you want there, plus these money you spent will go all to charity. It's totally worth it at the end, I'm working on getting one aswell for my Steam account so I can upload my games.
        Aug 5, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    9. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      If anyone in the IGMC needs a few maps done urgently, take a look at my workshop. Really cheap prices for IGMC runners and you get your maps in the same day or next day if it's a large order at most. ^^
      2. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Ahh I see now. XD I am working on a project of mine although not part of the IGMC. XD I can do trades though. Maybe if you have a skill I need, we can work something out. ^^
        Jul 25, 2015
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Well, my only skill currently is cinematic scenes, and that's not a great thing XD here are some samples: https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

There are some in Spanish but you can see the language by the title (hopefully XD) :) maybe if you need to do some advanced hwaa yaa stuff on scenes then I can help you out haha.
        Jul 25, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Jul 25, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    10. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Going to remake my steampunk city map, as I am not satisfied with it (which was a lot of work T_T) Can't think of a new layout though...
      2. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Aww thanks a lot, my friend. ^^ :)
        Jul 23, 2015
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Make it a layered city. Layers upon layers. Like a hive.
        Jul 23, 2015
      4. Tralse
        Tralse
        Ugh I know that feeling...Well it will look great when it's done! :)
        Jul 24, 2015
    11. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Having huge discounts at my mapping workshops. Should be helpful to all those who still need mapping for their IGMC entries. I am willing to lend a hand. XD
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        Looking pretty good, very cheap and high quality too.
        Jul 18, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        Cheap and high quality maps!

I highly recommend this! ;)
        Jul 18, 2015
      3. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Thanks, everyone! :)
        Jul 18, 2015
    12. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      So I bought a resource pack 383 MB in size, but session keeps running out because of slow internet connection and I can't download it. Tried multiple download managers now and I am losing hope. -.-
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        Jul 14, 2015
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        on steam or elsewhere?
        Jul 14, 2015
      4. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        From the store. Anyhow, finally downloaded the file using a DSL connection. Wireless is bad. :'(
        Jul 14, 2015
    13. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Silly question, but does anyone know how to actually pay in the Humble Bundle? I click Pay What You Want and it takes me to the bottom of the page. Pardon my silliness. XD
      2. Caz
        Jul 11, 2015
      3. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Jul 11, 2015
      4. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        Disable any adblockers or javascript blocking plugins...
        Jul 11, 2015
    14. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      I want to open a mapping workshop in the classifieds, but thinking of the low number of requests I got in the free section, not so encouraged. :/
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Yeah, I think you just need to get the word out more, so to speak. I had no idea that treasure of a workshop was there! Beautiful maps!
        Jul 3, 2015
      3. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Found it, really nice stuff. I'm convinced you'll get a lot of requests if enough people see the thread.
        Jul 3, 2015
      4. Seriel
        Seriel
        I'm happy I manages to find it in time to snag a request before it closes ;)
        Jul 10, 2015
    15. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Whew! Finally done with designing and coding all the game menus. Just the battle ones left and I'm done. *takes a deep breath*
      1. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        gratz! Have a drink on me! Hot cocoa? =]
        Jul 2, 2015
      2. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Haha, I love it. :D Thanks :D
        Jul 2, 2015
    16. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Well, tried to turn the steam punk tiles into a tileset today, but turns out the walls and roofs just don't work that way. :v No choice but to parallax. Well, at least I know what to do now. XD
    17. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      So what's easier . . . parallax mapping a huge steampunk city for my game (for the first time btw, never tried parallax before,) or just trying to turn the steampunk tiles into a useable tileset? :3 Hmm...
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Turning them into a useable tileset. You can then use that tileset in as many maps as you need, whereas parallaxing works on one map at a time.
        Jun 9, 2015
      3. Andar
        Andar
        an artist from this site once explained to me that regular mapping is 20% of the work for 80% of the quality. So decide: is that extra work worth the extra quality for you?
        Jun 9, 2015
      4. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        Oh it's not the quality. I am generally in favor of editor mapping. :D But it's the tiles that are only available for parallaxing and I am unsure whether to try turning them into tilesets or just use them as they were. :)
        Jun 9, 2015
    18. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Can't imagine how some people have patience enough to parallax map. D"= It's very, very time consuming and slow. Editor mapping forever. :v
      2. FeaR616
        FeaR616
        I just finished a parallax map! =<
        Jun 4, 2015
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Hand drawn maps ARE win, but it's a HUGE commitment.
        Jun 4, 2015
      4. Miss Nile
        Miss Nile
        There's no doubt that the product is better in parallaxing (not always though) and hand-drawn maps, but I doubt one could ever finish a game on his own this way, especially if he's doing everything else on his own. D"=
        Jun 4, 2015
    19. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Cutscenes are my largest block. :3 I have no problem with eventing, and mapping is my field, but I still can't get the atmosphere right. Sigh.
      1. JAD94
        JAD94
        I feel your pain ._.

*hugs*
        May 4, 2015
      2. Artificer
        Artificer
        Yea, it is hard.
        May 9, 2015
    20. Miss Nile
      Miss Nile
      Short RPG games with 2 hours maximum of gameplay or long ones with more than 10 hours? It's a good question, right? I've yet to fight the answer from players. XD
      2. BerryB
        BerryB
        Gameplay and Story. I prefer a good balancing act of both. However, in terms of gameplay, if it is good, it doesn't matter if it is short or long, it will still be good. If the gameplay is poor but you have a long game..then...yeah..It all comes to innovative and attractive gameplay mechanics, not the playtime.

However, IF the story is really good, then gameplay can be tolerable. Which is why I mention that it matters upon the balancing act of both story and gameplay.
        Apr 9, 2015
      3. Seriel
        Seriel
        I personally like short games of 2-5 Hours, because otherwhise I tend to get bored or lose interest.

However, if the gameplay is really good, then i'm okay with a longer game.
        Apr 17, 2015
      4. Artificer
        Artificer
        I think is like a good movie you just lose the time even when it is jut 1 or 2 hours long.
        Apr 27, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 9, 1996 (Age: 22)
    Pharmacist
    First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to view my profile and know about me. As you've kindly done that, I'll let you know all you can know. ;D

I'm Neveen, or as you know me, Miss Nile. You can judge from the name that I'm indeed Egyptian. :D I study pharmacy in Cairo University, hoping to be a successful pharmacist someday in the future. But well, that's me the student. :D

Online, I'm a really fun girl if I say that myself, pretty easy to talk to and quite friendly. I like reading and writing as my main hobbies, and I have a collection of short stories that I am proud of writing. You can find them here,

http://www.launchora.com/missnile

Of course, I also love game-making (which is why I am here in the first place. XD) I started game making as early as when I was 12 or something, back in the days when RPG Maker XP was still the trending engine. :D Of course, I was still a little child back then so it's needless to say that my first attempts were all failures. XD But I learned a lot from them and I had a lot of support behind my back from friends who encouraged me to the end. :D

In September 2009, I released my first game, Fantasy on Mother's Day . A short, 30-minute long game with a light-hearted atmosphere. I still consider myself a beginner at the time of its creation but nevertheless, that game means a lot to me as my first game and all. :D

In August 2012, came my next game, Arabian Nights: The Three Apples and most recently, in October 2014, I released Fantasy on Valentine's Day. You can find all three games here,

http://www.snowrosegames.webs.com

Please take the time to view them and perhaps download them and play them. If you do, let me know what you think. I always appreciate new opinions. :D

Hmm, that's all. If you ever need a friend to talk to, I'd be more than happy to become your friend. Thanks again for visiting my profile. :D

Writing, Reading, Singing, Movies, Game-making

Signature

[​IMG]
    Check out my mapping workshop! Parallax Mapping now available! Very cheap and affordable prices!
    Check out my games: Fantasy on Mother's Day | The Three Apples | Fantasy on Valentine's Day