Recent content by mistFAWKES

1. mistFAWKES

How do you start a game?

i think todd howard of bethesda has the best outlook on this: the plan is not as important as the execution. that is to say, get it up and running as soon as possible, and play it all the time. planning out maps, drawing sprites, making spreadsheets etc are important, but the most important...
  2. mistFAWKES

released my game to Steam! open world rpg...

released my game to Steam! open world rpg http://store.steampowered.com/app/762240/Fantasy_Realm_A_Land_Torn_Asunder/ early access up now!
  3. mistFAWKES

Failed to load

hey there! within the EventChasePlayer plugin, you need to declare what sound effect plays when an event 'sees' the player within the plugin manager. Ie change it from 'undefined.ogg' to one of the sound effects included in your project.
  4. mistFAWKES

Fantasy Realm: A Land Torn Asunder - Open World RPG, Early Access on Steam now!

Fantasy Realm: A Land Torn Asunder Greetings, wayfarer! I have been developing an open world rpg for the past few years, and I am happy to announce that the early access is now available on Steam! It's about 20-30 hours of content as of now, and I'd like to get feedback on late-game...
  5. mistFAWKES

Issues with Yanfly's Battle BGM Control plugin

bumping for visibility, still present in 1.6
  6. mistFAWKES

GALV's Manual Level-Up not initially drawing in 1.5

7. mistFAWKES

LTN WindowPop throws hundreds of errors when fired in 1.5

8. mistFAWKES

LTN WindowPop throws hundreds of errors when fired in 1.5

Hello! Since the upgrade to 1.5, LTN's WindowPop fires hundreds of 'Undefined Error' errors in the debug log any time the player picks up an item. It also causes considerable lag for the duration of the popup. I believe it may be related to the pixi change. LTN had said he was going to release...
  9. mistFAWKES

GALV's Manual Level-Up not initially drawing in 1.5

Hey there! Since the upgrade to 1.5, GALV's Manual Level-Up plugin doesn't draw the menu when initially opened. If one presses A, it then redraws the menu and it's all good, but the blank screen is a problem. Plugin in question: https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/09/19/mv-manual-level-up/ Any...
  10. mistFAWKES

Issues with Yanfly's Battle BGM Control plugin

Hey there! I'm using the BGM Control plugin, and I've run into two issues. I tried setting a troop's background music to pitch 90, but the command <Battle BGM Pitch: x> doesn't work. Tested with a variety of values. Instead, I declared the pitch via the enemy notetag <Battle BGM x%: filename...
  11. mistFAWKES

Creating An Integrated Developer

cute :) walk with y'ffre, love
  12. mistFAWKES

Selecting for cutting, copying, pasting, and other purposes

seconding phoenix's advice. right-click and drag copies to your brush. left clicking will then place that. no such thing as cut. make sure you're using the 'pencil' tool
  13. mistFAWKES

clearing space for runtime build, delete *.m4a or *.ogg(or neither?)?

awesome! thanks a ton. i'll leave both in for now.
  14. mistFAWKES

note: i'm not referring the end-user's(your) attempts to cobble together a usable codex, i'm talking about KADOKAWA/Enterbrain's inability to pay a professional to write legitimate technical documentation. even Visual Basic 4.0 came with a 600-page manual(and 2 500-page appendices). the company...
  15. mistFAWKES

for what it's worth, i've learned everything from BASIC to c#, and i don't bother to learn rpgm's proprietary systems because the documentation is dogsh*t.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LonelyBanshee