MrKiwi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• After working so long with mog hunter's plugins I got curious about the girls used on the samples, they belong to an anime called Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and, what a surprise, its actually pretty good, not what I expected from such colorful and cute looking anime! :kaopride:
    Just got my steam account stealed... what a sad day...
    I'd like to ask, do the design/art style look consistent between these two?
    • Love
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    They seem drawn by two different ppl a little but nothing to make them not consistent. So yes :)
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    PixeLockeT
    PixeLockeT
    The "character style" is the same, but the coloring technique is very different. One has soft shading and the other harder/darker shading.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    I prefer the one on the left tbh but I do like the style on the right too. Reminds me of those fan made dress up games I was obsessed with as a kid. I don't know why I thought of those haha. I'm in character design brainstorming mood I guess. :)
    Has anyone else here been mistaken as the opposite sex/genre? I can recall 5 times last year that someone refered to me as a girl.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I had heavy metal hair once upon a time.
    Reactions: a_a
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @a_a Right now I keep mine shoulder lenght, because it looks cute, but same as you, most adults (especially my grandfather) always recall me looking "girly", its annoying.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I never met a guy who wanted to look "cute" but I guess there's a lot of people out there... That would be what your grandfather means. girly/cute. Same thing really though most guys don't look upon it with high regard unless you're a woman.

I myself only had long hair because it felt cool to headbang to metal. lol.
    I just started wondering... do XP, VX and MV mean anything?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    VX could be taken from Vista and XP, while Ace is just VX that is improved. MV is Multi-View (and yes, it's official)
    • Wow
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Or you could say, "Mobile Version" for non-official one
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Also I noticed a pattern, XP, next, remove P add another letter, VX, next remove X add another letter, MV... whats next?
    So in my actual project you're a highschooler so you can go to class (or skip them, I'm giving that option), so far I think I'll go for the Life Is Strange class like events, you are at your site and you can interact with surrounding things (Each class lasts 3 minutes). I'm still doubting if adding the "may I go to the toilet (just randomly leaving)" option...
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I just recently played an rpg maker game that was set in a magic highschool called LawMage Academy. Although, you can't skip class, but you can pick what your character learns. I also played Legends of the Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 3 are set in a high school setting. Although in 3 you are the teacher. So it has been explored, but I am sure you put your own spin on it.
    90% finished title screen (hope the image doesn't glitch again...)
    I'm the kind of person who spends time on making as much different NPCs sprites possible to avoid clones, I think its a bit odd meeting twins along the entire game :(
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I did the same with my game, I have n clones in my game either. It's sometimes jarring to see them especially if you just saw the original in question. Although monsters can have clones because they are evil and they have a cloning machine.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @KazukiT Oh hell no! I'm doing 10000 different slimes right now! >:C (Joke)
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Just imagining a slime boss that isn't a resized version of the normal slime is interesting.
    I'm rewatching Yu-Gi-Oh, Its cool and all, but I really don't like when they just come up with some random rules and effects :|
    I can't make a project without and expression charset for my characters :c
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Okay, the image seems glitched ._.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    The image is a bit messed up but I admire the fact that you make expressions ^^ Making custom sprites from scratch is enough to tire me out let alone making expressions...
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @Hyouryuu-Na Fun thing, I'm also adding busts, but I really don't like the sprites just... standing... so yeah, more work. I seriously don't like working with custom sprites, but also don't like not having them. Its an endless loop of likes and dislikes :dizzy:
    Bad guy: Why can't I beat you? I'm the strongest! You are nothing!
    MC: The simple fact of you don't knowing it makes you weak. Maybe you are right that I'm nothing, but that doesn't mean I can't become something!
    MC: *Hugs bad guy*
    Bad guy: *Cries in evil*
    I was bored today, so I started drawing the main characters of my different series, still went lazy on some details :kaoswt:
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Bopping between two projects is dece, as long as you don't make both suffer. It's why I have a post-apoc writing series in addition to RPG Maker-ing. Nice drawings too, good sketches make me weak in the knees.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @RachelTheSeeker Thats neat, I've been recently thinking about adapting some of my stories as light novels, since I don't feel like writing would be fitting for the kind of stories I'd like to tell, and I'm too lazy to make full comics :kaoswt:
    Finally done with the main layout, I will modify some little details later
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz