MrKiwi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Little sketch of a "modern" ninja concept:

k89rK76.jpg
    Quick, listen carefully as I don't have much time: when you're new to something there's a little chance that you are not going to be good at it, so don't fear and keep trying!

*vanishes*
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    It is not by any mean my intention to offend anyone. I solemly aimed to encourage anyone who's out there attempting something new to not be afraid of walking through the unknown realm of creativity.
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    Oh look at the time, I'm late for my date with RPG Maker! Don't want her digging in my gold so I'll drop it all off here and come back for it later: Just as we can't please everyone with our games, we can't please everyone with our words either.

*goes bankrupt*
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    A huge mistake I made for so long is getting stuck due to not getting my game look like I wanted (Like having fancy waethers, taller sprites and many others) so I ended up forgetting about working on the game itself. Even if I ended up making my project looks as I wanted, there wouldn't have been a game to use those graphics on.

So my tip is: In order to decorate a cake, you first need to bake the base! :kaopride:
    I made a conceptual layout for my new battle hud. It showcases a picture of the actor, a status display, both HP and MP gauges, a geode display (think of this like class icon display) and the actor name. (Edit: added XP bar and level display)

QcnaYbw.png

(This is merely structural, still need to actually design it)
    I reworked an old character, which one of these gives you more of a "God of Sun" vibe? (Left: old design | Right: new design)

Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ps : belenos is a celtic sun God. Might be worth it to look it up for inspiration.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @Finnuval Belenus is actually his name, I get if they give this christian vibe, its the kind of religious concept I'm familiar with. (I need to learn more about this). Also, the circle behind the second design is based on something similar I saw on a statue of the actual Belenus. I could certainly use an alternate hand sketch as inspiration, if you're willing to do it i'll certainly apreciate it.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Right now Im making for bed but ill sketch something for you once I get up. Ill also look up some more celtic stuff from my studybooks that might help.
    Just a random sketch today, nothing special. :kaopride:

ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yep, pretty much a straight up anime girl fight happening with over the top violence, all for control of the all powerful cell phone. The life of @Hyouryuu-Na is scary indeed. :kaoback:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    It is scary indeed ^^ Every night I get a mini heart attack standing outside my room. Straight ahead far away from me, I see the light from outside seeping in through gap under the front door. I keep thinking there's someone standing outside. It's just the potted plants. Few days ago I actally got a scare. There was something sitting on the sofa in the study. It was a painting that someone decided to put down lol
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yep, I'm hearing cursed painting. Can't tell me different, the painting is clearly alive. Evil cell phone stealing maids on one side, cursed paintings on the other, and sentient plotting potted plants seeking your downfall. If you're also beset by titanic demon cats, this is basically Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. :kaoback:
    A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
    So I just finished a new draw, but its so big that my photoshop rans out of memory as soon as I try to open it :kaoswt: Guess no after effects on this one...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Fair enough. I've always just started with the size required for the project. Though with games and websites it's rare the scale is beyond 1920x1080... Though all the PVGames assets are scaled super large, which is usually the only time I run into super oversized stuff.
    • Wow
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    It sounds like quite the behemoth, I would like to see it once Photoshop lets you open it.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Wow :0 I can't work on a canvas bigger than 1200x800 easily. I find it hard to color as that's just more space to color and I lose control over the strokes for the lineart XD But I get you. Photoshop takes ages to open for me ;__;
    I finished Steins;Gate for the first time, didn't got a pleasent ending. Anyways, omg I loved this! I'm absolutely replaying it and see what I missed, I really underestimate the appeal of visual novels, while of course, I can't expect a genre be full of masterpieces, I certainly changed my perception of these games. Guess I'll be messing around with VN maker at somepoint.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Did you watch the anime?
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Not really, I wanted to play the game first
    I started playing Steins;Gate, it really hooked me up already. I'm not sure exactly if I do have some choices or interactions that matter on the story, but the plot itself is interesting enough to keep me just going dialog by dialog. Also characters interactions are really fun :kaoswt:
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It depends on how you reply to emails, and you will do choices too occasionally.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    That was my favourite anime for a long long time
    I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
    So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Powerise
    Powerise
    Use trial mode for a while?
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @ramza Yes running it offline is a thing, but it does not apply to my issue.

@Powerise I'll wait until I get a solution, in the meantime I'll work on the plot and some graphics instead of eventing the whole day :kaoswt:
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Ice Cream will supercharge your game making speeds to make up for lost time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o
just finished a bunch of art commissions! im really grateful for this community- people have helped me out so much here- so im just trying to return the favor the only way i know how! :0)
Ami
--- Fan Art ---

F.Mage: Phew...after finishing the Gathering Quest,i can take a break with my Phone. Let's see,what's new in the Fan Art Gallery
(3 Minutes Later,The Fan Art Of F.Healer & F.Mage Pecking Each Other Appeared)
F.Mage: (Spit The Water) WHAT THE HELL!!!
(Meanwhile)
M.Knight: (Nosebleeding) Nice Scenery!
trying to figure my way around the basic functions of Construct 3 and OH GOD MY BRAIN. I'm starting to think that developing decades of RPG Maker skills might have a downside.
I miss my VXA project, so I might be rushing for RSE. Dropping a random progress report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apocalypticLoli