MrKiwi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What languajes do you know or understand? For me, I know spanish and english, but I also understand french, portuguesse and sign languaje :)
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Italian (native with many dialects), English, Spanish, French, some Malay (very basic), some Arabic (very basic).
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Hmm... let's see. It's Ruby, PHP, C#, Java, Javascript, Python, VB. Well, that's quite a lot.
    Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    English, Spanish, French, Greek, a little bit of Hebrew and Arabic
    Today I discovered that the sf rtp tileset for MV has a water hydrant, what a day!
    Time to add busts! Oh, haven't drawn them yet... I guess... Time to draw busts! :kaosigh:
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Hopefully you'll place those busts on some tall, stable pillars. Don't want anyone tipping over and busting 'em!
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @KazukiT Even stretching sprites feels awfully tedious for me... I give my absolute respect to those who made full char/tile sets.

@Mystic_Enigma Unfortunately for me, I'm a non flying bird, so maybe I'll bury them where no one could ever find them... the busts of course... a.a
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I know how you feel about doing Sprite work. Using the computer isn't very comfortable, and if I use it long enough, it's outright painful. that's why work on any RPG project I'm doing has been so slow.
    I still have the trauma of the Grease choreography I had to do last semester, I still hear the music everywhere... help :kaoback:
    I've just created an awfully complex daytime event system... so far its working... but I can smell issues nextdoor u.u'
    I'm wondering... Grandia or Chrono Trigger?
    MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    Never played or heard of Grandia, but nothing can beat Chrono Trigger- it'll be my favorite until the End of Time (pun totally intended, haha).
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Grandia.
    Darkanine
    Darkanine
    This is probably sacrilege but I didn't really care for either. I recognize them as great games, but they didn't really grip me. Now Phantasy Star IV, I hold that game in the same regard people hold Chrono Trigger.
    I have no idea how to explain a player the battle system in my project... And maybe, just MAYBE... that's an issue in rpg games :kaoback:
    kovak
    kovak
    If you cant explain it yourself...that's a problem
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Don't go pouring a lot of info on them. Maybe take your time explaining each thing slowly upto the first boss? Don't take away control from the player though (we players hate that). Let them battle and stuff and let them know about different mechanics through popup messages or through an engaging convo with another character or smthn... or you can keep a help file.
    Countyoungblood
    Countyoungblood
    sounds like its too complicated.
    Do you guys like multiple endings? Like good or bad ending? Or the 100% completion ¨true¨ ending?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    It depends how well is it made. I really hate games, where in order to achieve the true ending you have to unlock every other ending. I also don't like it, when the games don't try to keep you engaged, like they keep 90% of the story identical except for 2 scenes that are character unique.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I also hate endings, where it's completely visible how to get to them, because it makes it so easy to reach them... And by the time you get there, you already know what's going to happen.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    So far the true ending, which angered me the most, was the one of a VN called Love Ribbon. You essentially have to choose your selfish partner in front of your only chance to take an important exam. Otherwise you earn the ticket to a guilt trip, a breakup and a bad ending. I of course voluntarily took the bad ending just to see how far it goes.
    I can't believe I never thought about making a game with my Mr.Kiwi character, wonder what could I do... :kaopride:
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    somehow 'the early bird gets the worm' comes to mind as a title... don't ask me why xD
    Omg! the full collection of Yanfly's plugins is so expensive in my currency since the dollar value grew :kaoeh: Such a hard decision!
    The demos of my big project are officially lost, I really wanted to share them now... Not saying they were good tho...
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Aww, that sucks. How much work did you put into them?.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Corrupt files? That happens a lot to me. I just close and save my project. Next time I open, cannot read map.js cannot read common event.js ugh
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @Benny Jackdaw They were pretty old, like a memory of how much I've been evolving on game making.

@Hyouryuu-Na Actually I restored my computer and didn't backup them :/
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBIZA