MushroomCake28
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Hi Mushroom,

I wanted to look for some VA actors (paid) but classifieds are down and the rules on recruitment states that paid-free post only.

Will classified forum be back online soon or where can I post my request for the community to see it?

thanks.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Magusalfador classifieds arent down for me so either its solved or the problem is something else...
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Hi, please use private messages next time instead of writing on someone's profile.
    Is the classified section now working for you?
    Magusalfador
    Magusalfador
    Wow, I though I was PM you...sorry bout that. It is working now.

Thanks
    Volume of activity has been lower recently on this forum. Weird, people are supposed to stay home aren't they? Volume was super high a couple of weeks ago.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Well lockdown here is slowly starting to be lifted in phases so... And besides that with the weather turning good ppl are less likely to listen anyway...
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Same here. I guess people are tired of staying inside. Funny how I really don't mind :p
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    I think many people work on their game. Writing a response back or texting, in general, can be a distraction. I am so excited to see Jam Streaming.
    Classe change mechanism! Just finished coding it!
    Yegitu
    Yegitu
    Looks great! Tactics as in FF-Tactics, I pressume? Sounds awesome, I loved FF-Tactics.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Yup, tactics as in FF tactics. It's my primary source of inspiration for this project lol.
    • Love
    Reactions: Yegitu
    ThreeSixNine
    ThreeSixNine
    I still remember the year I got my ps1 for Christmas...Visiting family out of town and we just happened to go to a grocery store the day after. Sitting there on one of those round CD racks was FFT for dirt cheap! I didn't even know it existed before that moment. Fell in love instantly and love it even more to this day!
    I used to be a big anime watcher. But now I only watch mediocre/bad animes; the good ones are too addicting and I can't stop myself from binge watching all the show. Bad shows allow me to stop and keep working on my projects lol.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Finnuval
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    "There's no fighting procrastination, so better embrace it and try to control it than to reject it." (MushroomCake28)
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I started watching Jojo and it is just so bad you can't look away. It's like every Anime trope turned to a million. It does so many things that I hate, but for some reason it's like a train wreck and I keep watching.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I had stopped watching anime in 2018. Recently I've started to watch again. Back in my dorm, I was having a tough time living with so many people around me. It was suffocating. So I used to use anime as an excuse to stay in my room. Most new anime are pretty bad. I'm watching hunter x hunter right now (love it) at episode 105. But all I think is... "ging, dude... meet your son already ugh!"
    Finished a commissioned track for an epic war theme (start off sad/calm, transitions to epic):
    Hard to decide... more races (more work), or less races (less work)?
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Willibab Yeah you're right, but more choices equals more work for the dev :p
    Willibab
    Willibab
    Could always make a certain amount of classes (your favorites) and then add more when the game is finished (if you cba) Maybe even have them be unlocked by some means making it more replayable.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'd say no races, it's super easy to go down the rabbit hole of too many combinations for a solo dev to pull off. Better to focus on a smaller group of more interesting and diverse classes.
    Just finished writing the big lines of my new project's story (not the full script, just the main events in order and what connects them). I think it's far better than my previous game, but I feel it's too long.
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    One way to shorten long story is to not tell everything and make people able to figure it out by themself.
    LVGames
    LVGames
    That's what I'm good at making things to extra simple when it comes to the story. That was what someone told me about my games. They rather it be longer with more content but oh well cant please everyone.
    Started re-watching The Mentalist. I know I shouldn't because of my exams, but gotta watch something while I eat, right?
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    It's one of my favorite show.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Absolutely, man! Time that's hard to fully devote to study anyway, use it to enjoy yourself and refresh your mind and spirit. Taking an hour and a half throughout the day to enjoy will do you good, unless you feel you're behind on studying. Overlapping that hour and a half with things like eating makes it even better. :D
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Pure study is bad for retention anyway.
    Because of my final exams coming up I won't be submitting a game for the game jam. I will be judging however and I will give out a moderator award. Perhaps I'll stream me playing some games and pick a winner. More to come...
    Every time I plan a story, 5 hours of playtime estimate results in about 10-15 hours of gameplay. What do we call this? Dev playtime inflation? Or perhaps even super-inflation.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I had the same issue. I can beat my game in about 20 hours, but one person who streamed my game took 48 hours, and another said they hit the maximum the playtime counter can show in mine at one point.
    watermark
    watermark
    It's not necessarily bad that players don't achieve speedrun times. It's fun to figure out stuff and try out different things before they hit upon the optimal path which you designed. Wandering around not knowing exactly what to do is sometimes part of the experience.
    Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Could not for the life of me figure out how to implement the dual/triple techs in Touch the Stars in a player-friendly way. Was describing all the problems to my wife and just rubber-ducked a solution that should work brilliantly.
I think I'm going to make each equippable item in my fantasy RPG grant a skill while its worn (in addition to the character's learned skills). Equipped gear that might be weaker in stats can still be useful in certain situations if the skill they grant exploits a weakness or resists a strength in the monsters being fought. This could potentially open up lots of build strategies to play with for fun.
:kaojoy:
A lot of those cool RPGs allow players to import their own portraits.
Thus, we shall have that, too. :kaojoy:
Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
What was the worst (most difficult) part of developing your game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broglione