Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Finally reworked my schedule so I could have time to work on game making again. I've missed RPG Maker MV, being gone for about 2 months I notice the new patch. Pretty impressive so far, watched a review on it on youtube. Also picked up the Medieval set those looked awesome. Just glad in general to be back to creating and with a new patch to boot or atleast new for me. :)
    spending the next day or so resizing my icons, still havnt figured out which ones ill be keeping or using but i atleast want to have them resized sooner then later.
    Eh tried vector style for my Iconset. While it looked very clear and nice on Inkscape, ingame the resolution i think is too small for it to be as clear as id like. Looks like im going back to trying Pixel art again. Maybe this time ill use stroke for outline instead of manulally doing a 1x pixel border . IDK why i been making the attempt for a atleast a good week or so and just dont feel like i can create anything good. I knew i should of paid more attention in art lol.
    Considering creating my icons using Inkscape and doing them vector vs bitmap. After watching a few videos i like how clear they look. Any ideas if thats a suitable idea for icon creating.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    That's exactly how I created icons for software I help develop at work. It's perfectly fine for icons.
    Dainiri.Art
    Dainiri.Art
    Yeah vector is the ideal for icons, however if you use it in RPG Maker it won't look that good b/c of the small resolution.
    Mythologix
    ok thx for the input. I tried Graphics Gale and Photoshop before this and my only issues with them were the UI. Inkscape seems more clear or atleast for me easier to work from. Yet for Parallax I still pref Photoshop lol.
    Took some holiday time away from the computer. Woke up nice and early today excited to learn more things before i go further into my game design. For some reason i feel the need to learn photoshop better and maybe work on a flow chart of sorts. Feel like i have spent most of time running in circles. I think im still trying to really hit the final i got it point on where to begin the "hard work"
    Watching a bunch of Parallax Videos today, not to learn the act of making a Parallax Mapping but more to learn the style of detailing a map. I understand how to do it, i just suck at it atm lol. Coloring and rescaling are my two biggest issues atm. hopefully watching people who have experience will help enchance my ability.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    It will help you understand what to do, but nothing will enhance your ability like doing. ;) Good luck!
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    It feels overwhelming.
    Natural
    Natural
    You're not the only one my friend. Let the suck be with us.
    Debating if I want my game to have a world map. I know alot of games feature it but would larger outside maps work better. IDK if i fully like world maps tbh.
    Kes
    Kes
    I suggest you start a topic in General Discussion where this question can be explored properly
    Pleased with myself, finally learned Parallax, couldn't figure it out for the life of me in Ace, now im MV it seems alot easier. either that or i finally learned what I didnt before.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It is easier in MV. It's built in.
    Mythologix
    that makes sense as to why I picked it up so easy compared to when I tried with Ace.
    Does anyone know if game Character Hub on Steam works with MV, i know it worked with VX Ace before.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    There are couple of existing threads which asked already this. Better search in the forum than ask in status updates. Here s a thread for examplehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51504-has-the-license-for-game-character-hub-been-extended-so-we-can-use-it-with-commercial-mv-games/
    Mythologix
    so

thank you
    after spending days working on some icons i decided to buy a fairly extensive icon collection from there i think i will just modify the sizes and maybe some color as needed, i will still work on creating some of my own icons but atleast i have more than the basics covered. roughly 1700 icons lol
    Mythologix
    artistic skill to make them
    Avery
    Avery
    5-10 min is cute. Some less, some way more and there's also a lot of time you have to spend on design and research ;3
    Avery
    Avery
    Lately I spent hours looking through every wikipedia article about ancient asian weapons to find something cool to make xD
    eh somehow i posted something twice and cant figure out how to delete the second posting, sorry about that guys.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    just report the post to a mod.
    Mythologix
    ok thx, i did that.
    Trying to work on some pixel art. Figured I would start simple make a sword, I made 4 swords they all look exactly alike minus the length, I dont think art is my thing :(
    Sharm
    Sharm
    You tried to make a sword from memory didn't you? References are an artist's best friend!
    Mythologix
    yea it was from memory of a tutorial video i watched, every time i try to google images of pixel swords for references i keep finding the same diamond minecraft sword. I will keep looking idk if i should be looking at all swords or just pixel specific ones.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Don't google pixel swords. Google real swords. Pixel references are okay but if you only use that you'll end up copying instead of adding something new. If you want a good site for pixel references, check out Pixel Joint.
    where would i go to post a map image of the starting city i created
    esby
    esby
    general discussion
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Game Development -. General Discussion -> One of the first "pinned" threads
    Mythologix
    ok thank you, I posted them in there. only 2 shots atm the first city and the main characters house.

thank you
    Created my first ever Starting Town and Intro, the town needs abit more work but i dont know what else to add or do
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Nothing like the feeling of completing your very first town.
    Mythologix
    it is a wonderful feeling I do need to finish some building insides still but the layout is done, I would post it to show but idk where to atm
    trying to figure out parallax might just giv eup on that one. did see a great video tho that looked simple enough might try at way of doing it.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Use Tiled. It is the easiest method of parallax mapping.
    Mythologix
    is it updated for MV? I did watch a great video a girl did using the plugin YEP Region Restrictions . Thanks ill look into it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidbivas