Recent content by Napoleon

1. Napoleon

Popup Window with Queueing

That does seem like a bug indeed. But I'm sorry I no longer maintain/update my scripts.
  2. Napoleon

Bust Script

The script supports adjusting the x and y locations of a bust for each window-type. It also has a z-index setting. x,y offsets: WINDOW_TYPE_OFFSET_X = [ # Bust x-offset depending on window type. 0, # normal 0, # dim 0 # transparent ] WINDOW_TYPE_OFFSET_Y = [ # Bust y-offset...
  3. Napoleon

flood fill (4 directions) algorithm w/o classes?

I can't use recursion without creating a new custom object for every tile that I check. Because I have a grid of bools and not a grid with classes. Update: Oh wait... I can just use a 2nd method... I'm so silly... I solved it. For whoever is interested, here is my (unoptimized) solution:
  4. Napoleon

flood fill (4 directions) algorithm w/o classes?

I have a grid as follow (pseudo): @map_width = 100@grid = {}def set_tile(x, y, value)  @grid[y * @map_width + x] = valueend...def set_tile(50, 50, true)But because a tile is nothing but a coordinate (not a class) I can not use the typical recursive algorithm to flood fill tiles to true. def...
  5. Napoleon

Scale Actor Faces / resize bitmap

Use that info for the method It's indeed weird that the default code sometimes disposes Cached images. It's probably to keep the RAM usage low. But... To me it makes no sense.
  6. Napoleon

With still teeth as sharp as a razorblade though. So you got a spiked-belt.

With still teeth as sharp as a razorblade though. So you got a spiked-belt.
  7. Napoleon

Passage check bit

Any indeed is what I'm looking for. But AnotherFen's solution + your bit seems to do the job as far as I have tested. I also tested it with tiles with only a few passable directions including stars.
  8. Napoleon

How To speed up RPG-Maker?

Afaik RPG Maker (at least Ace) depends for 90% on the processor. And only one core. So you need just a fast single processor. RAM and videocard don't matter at all unless you have less than 256MB but in that case you have other problems. Yesterday we noticed that someone with an I5 processor...
  9. Napoleon

Passage check bit

in that case I go with whitesphere's solution:   def any_direction_passable?(x, y)    [2, 4, 6, 8].each { |d| return true if check_passage(x, y, (1 << (d / 2 - 1)) & 0x0f) }    return false  endUntil I find a more efficient solution.
  10. Napoleon

Passage check bit

Thanks that works. I did add a minor fix though to prevent it from crashing. def any_direction_passable?(x, y, directions = 0b1111) return 0 != all_tiles(x, y).inject(directions) { |res, tile_id| flags = tileset.flags[tile_id] # <<< changed tile to tile_id to prevent the crash next...
  11. Napoleon

Finding what script causes the error (or what part)

New update that also supports control variables and move-routes. Note that the code is not 'clean' anymore but it works. Output example:
  12. Napoleon

Passage check bit

#game_map #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Check Passage # bit: Inhibit passage check bit #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def check_passage(x, y, bit) all_tiles(x, y).each do |tile_id|...
  13. Napoleon

Battle events also end up in command_355 and command_111. So I only need to alias those 2 right? I made some modifications to support battle-events as well. It now works with battle-events (does not specify the exact event but okay), map events, common events, common events called through...
  14. Napoleon

It still works correctly as long as the common event was called through another event. If the common event was called through a custom script, then I don't know.
  15. Napoleon

p scriptwill work too. But I do prefer the more automated option. I do have events that start other events and such. But indeed 95% of the time it's the event that you interact with, or some parallel/autorun event. But the other 5% can be annoying to track down sometimes without any of the...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv
Idk if this is my ADHD or if it's a common problem. But I cant stay motivated for anything. I want to work on so many different things at once. Game dev, skateboarding, ranking up in League, playing OSRS, fitness, nutrition, relationships. It's like, where do I even begin?
Well. Looks like I need to redo the entire battle system in order to have the things I want in it. Also I'd like to say that console.log() is the greatest function in Javascript XD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hibixon