Recent content by Narch

1. Narch

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

@Aloe Guvner Thanks it works wonder. I tried to look at the .js file for this next question, you guess I did not succeed since I'll ask. What would be the bit of script to get/return a Skill name?
  2. Narch

Hi. Anybody knows if there's a script for the Event Command "Change Skill"? I'm looking to give random skills to an actor via variables.
  3. Narch

Hey all. Any idea how to get the current map size in a script or variable? The only solution I found so far is to past an Event in the bottom right, and get it from it. Cheers. Edit: looks like I can use "$gameMap.width()" and "$gameMap.height()" to retreive them!
  4. Narch

Yanfly Event Spawner: Performance Bloat after several uses

Edited my First post with new informations: "It appears doing the demo process in Autorun instead of Parallel does not affect the FPS while the destination map is loaded. The loading time for teleportation is still unaffected and gradualy longer in both Parallel/Autorun."
  5. Narch

There are indeed a lot of other design possible. But my primary concern is about this tool from a major creator, creating unforseen reactions that could only get discovered too late. On a side note I also used this plugin in different methods like dynamic NPCs. My 4000 items exemple happens...
  6. Narch

Yes I understand that clearly, but in my case it's like having a hand with one broken finger. I already use Copier and Morpher for static doors for exemple, but with that bug I can't afford the promise of spawning dynamicaly those doors if I want to, because after 100 hours of gameplay the game...
  7. Narch

@Archeia I'm not really trained with code and logic. I know the best way I found to generate my "chests" depending on the dungeon, is to have multiple arrays, and the spawning sequence picks into that array via a % modifier. I'm sure I could achieve the same with copier and morpher. What I...
  8. Narch

@Archeia It is something I might do yes, as a "workaround". I been reworking my mechanics around bugs many times tho, hope I don't have to again, I thought I could rely on plugins carefree, that was my rookie mistake! The 4000 during the course of a game happens quickly. In my specific case the...
  9. Narch

Background: I'm developing a game since a lot of months. I was previously using Galv Event Spawner when Yanfly did not have its own. I encountered performances problems after hundred of spawns with the Galv plugin, slowing my developement last year. I switched to YEP Event Spawner when it got...
  10. Narch

RMMV TWOTCH: PrincessBeach68

Introduction: Hi everyone. I recently made this game for a 10 days JAM where the theme was Princesses and Witches. I'm making an RPG type of game regulary, but this Jam was the occasion to test some things, and release a functionnal product. What you can play in this JAM game is supposed to be...
  11. Narch

Assigning Terrain Tag to an event

Hey @Shaz I tested several things with your plugin and so far it seems to do well even with complicated spaget code, running multiple times via parallel common event. Using TT7 and TT8 so far. Thanks again for the plugin, it's a really useful feature to me, I'll be sure to showcase what I did...
  12. Narch

RSM's Balloon Upgrade MV PLUS v1.0

@Rafael_Sol_Maker Hello, very cool plugin! I have a question. The wait time for the final frame doesn't keep that last frame displayed, even if I check "wait" in the balloon command. I use it in a parallel common event. Is it intended, or is it a problem on my end? Thank you.
  13. Narch

@Shaz Ah sorry I was not used to the edit post way, I was waiting on a notification. I am going to test that all this week and will update you if needed, or just confirm it works. I'll update the post now that I learned that from you :p Thanks a lot for your time!
  14. Narch

@Shaz That's how I see that first point yes, the game should get the tile if the event is "blank". In my specific case I have 18 variables getting the X and Y values of a virtual square of 9 tiles. Then, each coordinates test to check if there's a Terrain Tag with a certain value on those tiles...
  15. Narch

Hi everyone. Would it possible, to make a plugin allowing the developer to add a comment inside an event's page to determinte the event Terrain Tag depending on what page it's currently on? So when the command "Get Location Info" is used, it would return the Terrain Tag of the concerned event's...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samaro