Needle

Sharp as a Tack, Male, from Dallas, TX

Veteran

I wonder if I could get away with playing Shovel Knight at work. Jul 9, 2014

Needle was last seen:
Mar 24, 2016
    1. Needle
      Needle
      Milestone Moment! Even without battle implemented, my Generic RPG Video Game has reached a blind run completiojn time of about one hour!
      1. Traveling Bard
        Mar 5, 2014
    2. Needle
      Needle
      Not having time to work on personal projects is pretty much the worst.
      1. Shades
        Shades
        Welcome to my world. Been working 12 hour shifts up until recently. :/
        Jan 16, 2014
      2. Needle
        Needle
        If only I could install VX Ace on my work computer without being found out.... I'd probably get so much done!
        Jan 16, 2014
    3. Needle
      Needle
      Just learned that multiple events pages follow a specific order. Wish I knew that two weeks ago. No wonder half of my events didn't work properly!
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        It all seems so obvious ... AFTER you find out :)
        Jan 1, 2014
    4. Needle
      Needle
      This is my first status, so thank me! Also, I'm making a game. But all of us are so that's no surprise.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. OM3GA-Z3RO
        OM3GA-Z3RO
        Um no, the price has increased due to supply and demand, it is $499.95
        Dec 20, 2013
      3. West Mains
        West Mains
        Ah, you're right about that.

I was confusing individual post pricing with bi-monthly subscription prices.

DOH!
        Dec 20, 2013
      4. Needle
        Needle
        Let me just go get my check book.... T_T
        Dec 20, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    September 13
    First Language:
    English
    My name is Nick, and I'm an alcoholic.... no wait, let me start over.

I grew up farming Warmechs outside of Tiamat's room with my four-Master Final Fantasy party, if that gives you any idea as to my personality. I just want to have fun. I want to find everything. I don't want to use the FAQ. And I want to drink a beer in celebration when I'm done.

I bought RPG Maker VX Ace when it was randomly on sale one day on Steam, and after fooling around with it for an hour, I wrote it off as "not what I was looking for".

Six months later I picked it up again and decided it was fine. I'm currently making a game with no title and no feasible story. Why? Because right now I just want a game that feels like the ones I played in an earlier day. I want a game where I can walk around an arbitrary room, run into some Pink Puffs, and maybe, just maybe, get a pink tail I can trade in for some boss armor. I want a game where the character names are pronounceable, and likely have just the right number of consonants and vowels, and absolutely no apostrophes. I want a game about regular dudes doing regular stuff, not necessarily saving the world or fighting evil or questioning religious beliefs. It's all so heavy handed these days.

Level design is sort of my Special Power, but I came up through art college, and have quite a bit of programming know-how too. So there are no limits to my abilities, except perhaps for the whole "I have a full time job and my free time is limited" thing. So I have a very carefree attitude about building my game. No deadlines, no hard goals, no absolute hopes of completion. But I enjoy the work and the experience, and someday I hope you'll enjoy it too.

Interact

Content:
    AIM:
    Raptorian Box
    Twitter:
    TheNickRoss

Signature

[​IMG]

@TheNickRoss on Twitter! Come do Video Games with me!