Neo Soul Gamer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• *Takes a deep breath* I'm attempting to write my first plugin with absolutely no experience in Javascript whatsoever. Here's hoping I get what I want.
    As much as I want a side-view BS... Reality has set in and I need to keep my goals realistic. Much less time-consuming to do a Side-view BS.
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Isn't that in there by default?, i've only messed around with the demo for like 10 minutes.
    Mellye
    Mellye
    By default, you use static enemy Battlers for the side-view.

If you want to use animated sprites for the enemies (like the actors have), you need a plugin.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    To AwesomeCool's point... It's just the effort put into spriting. If I had a development team to work with, I'd do it. But as a sole developer... Not smart to take on such a daunting task.
    This is by far the furthest I've ever gone with developing a game. And the motivation has changed a bit. Too excited!
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Good job! Not many people finish their projects (myself included sometimes.) So hopefully you'll stick to it.
    This is so odd and amazing. The whole point of stepping away from databasing and eventing was to wait for the plugins I needed to replicate the features of the VXA game I planned to make. Not even a month since launch, and I literally have all the plugins I need. This community is amazing!
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Not just the plug-ins either; lots of content has been pushed out apart from that as well. It's crazy how fast everything happened.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Absolutely. The development is just shocking. Definitely proved the doubters wrong.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    We never doubted it for a second ;)
    ...How the hell did Crono learn to be a swordsman anyway? The rest of the party's abilities make sense.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    1. Learn how to use a Katana.

2. Pick up chicks at a festival.

3. ???

4. Profit
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    ...Considering the rest of the world is essentially European, relying on the classical straight blades - as does Frog - yeah, his use of a katana-type curved blade makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever.

DAMMIT, CAN'T UNSEE! o_O
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    I'm really just trying to be pedantic. Haha. It just annoyed me (being one of my favorite games, mind you) that every character has a decent backstory that you could playthrough... Except for Crono.
    When I look at MV Plugins vs. VX/A scripts now, I can't help but think "Quality vs. Quantity". VERY impressed with what people have come up with so far.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I already have 15 times more plugins for MV than I had made public scripts for Ace.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    @Chaos17

I'll have to disagree with you there. When I look at what has been "ported" so far... There are more features being offered with the ported plugins. Yanfly's plugins are a clear example of this.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    I think what Chaos17 is really referring to is lack of visual scripts. But I like technical scripts more than that anyway so :D ;
    Anyone else ever feel that they need to do something productive in the day (like cleaning/laundry) in order to justify the inevitable game development binge?
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I do the contrary: I feel I need to do game development to feel productive as real-life stuff is done without much problems xD (but things often happen when you want to do game development -_-)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Life's short. Eat dessert first.

is - cleaning/laundry can happen later ;) Or tomorrow.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    I totally wish I could have that outlook. Once I sink into Game Development mode, it's too hard to come out of.
    It's Oct. 23rd. 5:00 am. Payday. And just woke up SPECIFICALLY so I could pre-order MV. Back to sleep I go. Lol
    Saga Frontier 2 music always... ALWAYS gets me in the mood to work on my RPG. I love that OST.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Greatest game ever. Best ost, best graphics, best ambiance, best story, best bugged final boss.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    best bugged final boss? LOL
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    It's definitely one of my favorite RPGs of all time.
    Hundreds of hours of work... gone. Note self: Do not store your RPG Maker projects on Google Drive.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I always keep two back-ups; one on dropbox and one on a flash drive.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Well in my opinion, based on my experiences with both, Dropbox is the better Cloud storage service to use. They each handle syncing a bit differently, according to Google. I'm not blaming Google for anything, it was my stupid mistake. What I do know is that the files could have been recovered if they were backed up on Dropbox. That's all.
    Julien Brightside
    Julien Brightside
    I am so sorry to hear that.
    KuTools: A plugin for Excel that helped me fill 90 script arrays in 4 minutes. Talk about a time saver.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Not sure what what you mean by making a script to write it. Enlighten me? Sounds easier than what I'm doing. Thumbs up for lazy people. lol.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    well, if you wanted to create 30 arrays in this format:

[1, 1] => 12,

[1, 2] => 12, you could just run this:

for i in 1..30

print "[1, " + i.to_s + "] => 12\n"

end

and you'll have 30 lines written on rpgmaker console window, that you can easily copy and paste somewhere else.
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Well I'll be damned! See I can't script for crap so this is all news to me. Thanks for the tip! Very much appreciated.
    I've discovered that I get the most work done on my game while listening to the Saga Frontier 2 OST. I'd say what my favorite song is but I can't spell the damn name... lol.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Different music works well for different people... I tend to do the best listening to upbeat trance! :)
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    It'll always be some kind of OST from a RPG that I've played. Usually a classic JRPG.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.
No internet for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for phones. :kaoluv:
Megumi_Aramaki wrote on Takeshi014's profile.
Here you go! Enjoy mapping!
Megumi_Aramaki wrote on Takeshi014's profile.
Valley can be done by outside mountain town tilesets I will send you right away!
Hi everyone! I've relased a demo about my new game in "Games in Development". Someone interested? :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hendrix_Za