Ninjakillzu
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What are everyone's experiences with porting games to a new engine (let's say VX Ace to MV/MZ)? Is it worth it as long as progress is near the beginning?
    Reactions: ADMtn
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Never "ported" a game. However, I did move my initial project from VX Ace to MV. However, I always have a metric crapload of documentation so what I'd spent about a year creating in VX Ace only took me about 3 days to recreate in MV. Then, I began taking advantage of new features and my game got an overhaul later.
    ADMtn
    ADMtn
    So are you upgrading engines?
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    More like just remaking the game from the ground up. It's not like it had much progress in the first place. This is for a side project, not Collector.
    Reactions: ADMtn
    I feel motivated to work on my game today! Hopefully this momentum continues after I get off work...8 hours from now...:|
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    It will. Use the thought to get through the day, coming up with new things; hopefully being in the position to write down or type the things you would be afraid to forget.
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    In a shocking twist of fate, I now have to work from home. Luckily, that means I can also work on my game in my downtime!
    It's so annoying that before work I'm motivated to work on my projects, but then after work I'm like "Meh, I'm too tired. Let's play games or watch anime instead."
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    @The_Sarah B...But I'm a night person and I hate waking up in the morning. See how that complicates things?
    The_Sarah
    The_Sarah
    Go to sleep in the early evening, wake up in the super-early morning, that way it's still night and you have your energy!
    HelasRoas
    HelasRoas
    Dude I am the same way, I do software development, and in the morning I am like yea I am going to work on my game. Go to work and 8 hours later I am like whats new on crunchy roll or lets play some marvel avengers lol. I totally agree with ya though
    I finally got new ideas for Collector, after not having any for days on end. This burst of creativity must've been spurned on by the release of MZ.

Also, I've been rolling some MZ project ideas around in my head...I wonder how a super hero game would work? There's also that black and white samurai one I was thinking about as well. Hmmm, what to start...
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You'd need extra resources for the samurai idea. Most samurai resources are designed for MV and its generator. Using MV tiles in MZ isn't a problem, but the generator uses new battler templates (not all of the poses are the same as in MV), so things won't line up properly. The Trinity pack is the way to go for samurai tiles, though. :)
    I gave in and preordered MZ. Now I can throw even more game ideas into the RPG meat grinder! Muahaha :kaophew: Prepare to (maybe) see them in the future...
    hayahay
    hayahay
    welcome to the squad hehehe
    ADMtn
    ADMtn
    I installed mine. Haven't opened it yet. Are you jumping from VX Ace all the way to MZ? Should be quite a lot of improvements.
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    @ADMtn Only for new projects past the two or three I am currently making in VX Ace. I might even move one of them to it...But not Collector, as I am nowhere near finished with it.

I installed MZ as well, and took a quick peek around. It's going to take days for me to learn it, coming from VX Ace!
    I received my Fifth Angel debut album CD today, and it's so good! I've only heard a crappy MP3 rip until now, and hearing it in lossless is a huge jump in quality! Here's my favorite song from it.

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
    Uranium
    Uranium
    I make original tilesets, massive edits to existing tilesets, and custom pixel art of all kinds to suit your needs. Feel free to contact me if you need anything!
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    @Uranium Cool! I may just do that in the future. Do you do it for free or commission?
    Uranium
    Uranium
    Well I am very reasonable. I can do small things for free if I have spare time. Otherwise it would be small commissions!

I am working on building a portfolio of my previous work! I will do everything through my patreonaccount as explained before. I can send you a PM once I have it set up!
    I have finally completed my first game demo and posted my topic. It still needs mod approval before being able to be played.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose