May 24, 2017

Following 1

Birthday:
August 3

Share This Page

noctiluca

Veteran, Female, from California

Veteran

To parallax or not to parallax... that is the question. There are only a couple dozen maps to make, so I wonder if it's better to just hand draw everything Jan 14, 2016

noctiluca was last seen:
May 24, 2017
    1. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Whenever I attempt to work on my NPC AI system I feel like I'm going to have an aneurysm. Serious information overload plus constantly second-guessing myself.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    2. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Man, I put my project on hiatus because the MV twitter said they were developing an isometric map editor... it's been months and no new news :( Wondering if it was a bust.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Ezyilnetz
        Ezyilnetz
        Will I be able to use 2D isometric drawings/tiles with it as direct tiles placement instead of 2D tiles turned/rendered into 3D??
        Jan 11, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        I have no idea how they are making the system work so I can't answer that, unfortunately. I wanted to know too because I wanted to make resources for it.

I don't even know if they are still working on an isometric feature or ever intend to release it. At this rate it would probably be easier and quicker to make an isometric-compatible TileD plugin. :( Sometimes I wish I was a programmer and not artist
        Jan 12, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      5. Ezyilnetz
        Ezyilnetz
        :(

That tweet got me excited  cus I've been planning to practise making isometric 2D tiles.

I wish I'm way beyond the level of beginner artist and programmer xD
        Jan 12, 2017
    3. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Finished my first plugin!! *seal clapping* Even if I end up not using it in the future, it still makes a neat feature!
      1. 2 people like this.
    4. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      That feeling when your coffee has already gone cold and you barely got any work done
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I make two cups of coffee every morning. Yesterday, after having my "first" cup I got up to refill it and the pot was empty. I really, really do not remember having two.
        May 7, 2016
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Or all coffee pots are empty.
        May 7, 2016
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        It's happened to me 3 times today already ... except it's tea, not coffee.
        May 7, 2016
    5. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Noooo GraphicsGale stopped working... :( I had my current sprites backed up as pngs, but even after a system restore and reinstall, the program freezes on file opening/creation. I liked it better than Photoshop...
    6. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Crisis averted! My logical side turned out to be right, again. I feel like a silly billy now
      1. NarikoStudios
        NarikoStudios
        Oh I have that a lot aswell glad it turned out okay for you

It's such a pain when you keep feeling you've done things wrong when you know you haven't ><
        Feb 13, 2016
    7. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      man, I hate how anxiety makes it so hard to do things, and then once you DO do things you are convinced you must have done it wrong. The logical part of me says it's fine but the other of me tells me I must feel ashamed or that something bad will happen because I messed up. Stahhhhhp.
    8. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Wow, I don't know how I never noticed how powerful custom move routes can be. :D I never tried adding conditional branches to them because I didn't think they would work... but they did. My NPCs are so much more interesting now.
    9. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Playing hooky for the first time today. Only 2 weeks left of school but I'm so over it-- we've had to write and perform play after play, but the other classes are watching movies. I think I'd learn more from watching movies than having to do another stupid play :| Not to mention that one of the plays being done is extremely offensive (in the plain old homophobic sense)... and they're going to make me watch it??? Someone actually suggested a "murder all the gays" play... :/
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        While that's pretty crazy, do you really think it's a good idea to announce to all of the internet that you're playing hooky from school? :/
        Feb 1, 2016
      3. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        Does it matter? I'm 25 years old and can do what I want :p I don't see the point of doing "teamwork" assignments at my age, when I was originally paying for classes in order to study a language (which we are no longer doing, apparently). I see the value of learning to work with difficult people when you're in compulsory school or university, but once you make it to the real world you're expected to at least get paid to have to do those things.
        Feb 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        In first grade they sugested Jaws, lucky for us it was Star Wars Empire Strikes Back instead. I can't blame you as some classes can be weird. DId you hear about an art class where the final exam everyone will be nude even the teacher. Hope it doesn't affect your grade too much. Good Luck!
        Feb 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    10. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      I passed the N1!!! :D  with a good score even! So happy I never have to take another JLPT!
      2. Dainiri.Art
        Dainiri.Art
        its related to printing press right? anyways congrats!
        Jan 26, 2016
      3. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        It's the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. N1 is the highest level you can take, meaning you've already learned all the Japanese you need to be considered fluent and the rest is a matter of review and practice.
        Jan 26, 2016
      4. Dainiri.Art
        Dainiri.Art
        Wow cool! so thats what JLPT is. Congrats!
        Jan 26, 2016
    11. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      To parallax or not to parallax... that is the question. There are only a couple dozen maps to make, so I wonder if it's better to just hand draw everything
    12. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      My teacher was really sweet to me today even though I cried like twice during class. ;-; It was prolly the right decision to not call in sick...
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        But you may have infected everyone else :p
        Jan 12, 2016
      2. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        With what? I'm not sick lol

I wanted to blow off school because I'm too depressed, but it would dent my 100% attendance and I have a scholarship to take care of...
        Jan 13, 2016
    13. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Sometimes I'm not sure if the ideas my brain comes up with to solve problems are good, bad, or insane. Probably all 3 >_>
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        I have this problem too, mostly when I'm manic. Everything seems so reasonable and able to be done so quickly. I try to talk my ideas out with someone to help figure out where reasonable really is.
        Jan 9, 2016
    14. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :3
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Happy New Year :)
        Jan 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Heartbreak61
        Heartbreak61
        Happy New Year :) (2)
        Jan 1, 2016
    15. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      I'm trying to prep for my gothic horror project but my mind is full of sci-fi. So hard to get things done when you want to do everything.
      2. Crimson Dragon Inc.
        Crimson Dragon Inc.
        oh lol i thought you were trying to make a gothic horror game but keep thinking of cool sci-fi ideas...... but that does give me a good idea for a game..... though.... horror is definatly not my strong point...
        Dec 31, 2015
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        We need some Gothic horror Sci-fi Fantasy Drama games.
        Dec 31, 2015
      4. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        A gothic horror sci-fi would be like... protagonist is on a mysterious spaceship and... I guess a lot of twists and spooky things appealing to the dark side of human nature happen. it could actually be interesting. I will have to try that sometime. But I really need to focus >_> ;
        Dec 31, 2015
    16. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      My new year's resolution is to get around to releasing more tiles... probably RTP extensions since starting over from scratch is too much work to give away free. The RTP is really lacking in furniture
    17. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Went to a live in Shimokitazawa. I love how cozy and noisy tiny live houses are. :)
    18. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Woooahhh the Xenoblade X Secret File is amazing. Lucky I was able to find it.
    19. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      I'm in charge of KFC duty tomorrow. I've never done a KFC Christmas before so I hope they don't sell out or anything.
      2. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        Yup! Been here for about a year and a half. To be honest I can't remember what we did for Christmas last year. I made a very fancy and expensive cake for a party but other than that I have no idea what we ate. New Years is definitely a bigger event here.
        Dec 23, 2015
      3. Hoppy
        Hoppy
        Have you seen a movement of singles protesting Christmas by any chance?
        Dec 24, 2015
      4. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        No, I'm on winter break right now and have been hibernating... but I don't think there are many people that would do things like that (even if they wanted to). I heard about it on the internet, but it seems to be limited to somewhere in Tokyo.
        Dec 24, 2015
    20. noctiluca
      noctiluca
      Caved in and bought the sheet music books of Chrono Cross and Xenogears. Hoping that if I play I can absorb some of that talent when writing my own songs ;-; ever hopeful
      2. Luiishu535
        Luiishu535
        What are some your favorite tracks from the games?
        Dec 3, 2015
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        huh. how good are you? Now I'm interested in hearing ya! And the ONLY way you'll get better at composition is by practicing (composition, that is!)
        Dec 3, 2015
      4. noctiluca
        noctiluca
        Not very good tbh, I can read sheet music and know the piano keys but all my music theory knowledge comes from when I did acapella, which is probably really different compared to regular instruments. My favorite tracks are pretty much anything from Xenogears (too many to list), and from Chrono Cross... Radical Dreamers, Garden of the Gods... I love both OSTs but Xenogears edges out; funny because the CC book was more expensive.
        Dec 3, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    August 3
    First Language:
    English