Recent content by Nolonar

1. Nolonar

Item recieved on level up?

Without plugin, you'll want to use a Parallel Process Common Event, that compares the player's current level with a "previous level" variable. That variable must be initialized with the player's level at the beginning of the game, and set to the player's current level whenever the level changes...
  2. Nolonar

RMMZ Color Weaknesses

I think it makes more sense for RED to be a weakness of GREEN (and vice versa), with GREEN and YELLOW, or GREEN and BLUE being resistant against each other (and BLUE and YELLOW doing normal damage to each other). I'll explain why in a bit, but first I'd like to point out that you're using a...
  3. Nolonar

Tarot cards as weapons.

If it were me, I'd make the fortuneteller a support class, who equips different tarot cards to provide various boni for the entire party or negatively affects the enemy, depending on which Arcana they have currently equipped. For example, the Strength Arcana increases the physical attack for...
  4. Nolonar

(MV) Weird Visual Glitches in Editor

Either your GPU has some kind of defect, which is somehow only triggered by MV, or your graphics drivers are buggy. Considering you didn't mention any discrete GPU, I'm assuming you're using an iGPU (integrated within your Intel CPU). I've had bugs with an Intel iGPU in FEZ before. Not the same...
  5. Nolonar

How do i make this look not squashed out in the game

That depends on multiple factors, such as your resolution and the UI Area Width/Height (both 816x720 by default in MV and MZ), where you want to position the window (top, middle, bottom), the actual dimensions of your window picture, and what kind of opening/closing animation you want. By...
  6. Nolonar

First you create your window in your favorite image editing software and put it in your img/pictures folder, for example (inspired by Persona 5): Then you display the picture before your message, and make the message background transparent: Enjoy: The example isn't very pretty, because I...
  7. Nolonar

RMMV How to get rid of stats in equipment menu???

I currently don't have MV installed, so I can't really test it, but judging by the code on one of my old MV projects, I'm guessing the following plugin should work: const Scene_Equip_createStatusWindow = Scene_Equip.prototype.createStatusWindow; Scene_Equip.prototype.createStatusWindow =...
  8. Nolonar

Alternatively, you create your own window as a picture and display that picture before you show a message. Also choose Background Transparent.
  9. Nolonar

How do I fix my web build?

Are you opening the index.html directly from File Explorer (or the equivalent for your OS of choice)? If so, your browser is loading the HTML file directly from your filesystem, not from a webserver. The problem with that, is that your browser needs the full path of a file when accessing the...
  10. Nolonar

Can I launch console(F8) with script? (Solved)

You'll want to use: require("nw.gui").Window.get().showDevTools(); Source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/35205269/1169228 I tested this in MZ, though I'm pretty sure it should work with MV as well. Note that the source also has a solution involving the package.json file. I tried that as well...
  11. Nolonar

Recommended size of a two section rectangle

How to do what? Calculate 48 * 2? Create a 48 x 96 pixel image in an unspecified image editing software? Draw a rectangle? Where exactly are you stuck, and what do you need help with specifically?
  12. Nolonar

RMMZ Sorting an array of objects not working?

Yes, the sort() function does indeed modify the original array. You can fix this by sorting a copy of the array instead, the simplest way to get a copy is let copy = [...originalArray]; The three dots in front of originalArray are known as the "spread operator". It's basically the equivalent...
  13. Nolonar

Jumping in 2d Game

You need to explain exactly what kind of game you are making, and how the jumping mechanic needs to work. For example, if you are making an RPG (this is the normal case with RPG Maker) and need to add points where the player is allowed to jump to a predefined point (see Persona 5), this is as...
  14. Nolonar

RMMZ Sorting an array of objects not working?

@Eliaquim is correct, the sort() function expects a number, but the > (greater than) operator returns a boolean (which is either true or false). The reason sort() expects a number is because there are 3 cases when comparing objects. Booleans can only handle 2 cases, as they can only be either...
  15. Nolonar

"Where did my $70 go?" "To the future and beyond!"

"Where did my $70 go?" "To the future and beyond!"

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg
Apologies for the bugs featured in the Red Light preview build (although it is a preview), they should've been fixed in the new patch I just released. View the previous profile post for a link to the Itch.io.
Generate 27 Plugins in 1 File | RPG Maker News #106

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiYe