Recent content by NotADev

1. NotADev

RMMV Attack Display text in battle screen

Window_BattleLog displays the action text in battle. You're looking for the function: Window_BattleLog.prototype.messageSpeed = function() { return 16; }; Higher number = slower text
  2. NotADev

How to Update NW.js to Dramatically improve Game Performance!

Thanks for this guide, KillerGin. I updated my MV to v0.50.2 (the latest/stable) and it works great. Updating also fixes an issue with the Gamepad API (Probably because the newer chromium is using a newer version of it) where it wouldn't properly map the Switch Pro Controllers d-pad or the PS4...
  3. NotADev

RMMV Front View Enemy Attack (Skill) Animation?

I added this functionality to a project of my own so I have cherry picked the functionality from there and put it into a small plugin for you. (I think this is what you need...) Front View Enemy Animations Plugin (MV) Fairly simple to use, just add <enemyAnimId:X> to the skill and replace X...
  4. NotADev

Nani?! Dragon Quest has an Anime!

And a game!
  5. NotADev

Am i allowed to make a pokemon fan game

The hosts of the Essentials Wiki (fandom) and the downloads on there received a C&D but not the maintainer of the essentials kit themselves.
  6. NotADev

Am i allowed to make a pokemon fan game

While I won't say anything more about the legality of the issue or whether you should even put time into making a fangame, I can say that there is a huge community of Pokemon fan game developers all over the internet. Do some googling and find the right forums, the people who make the games can...
  7. NotADev

RMMV Operating $gameMessage.setChoices()

This thread might be of some help to you. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/handling-show-choices-in-javascript.71450/
  8. NotADev

Getting Equipment

Change Items command, first page.
  9. NotADev

RMMV Listing Skills or Items from Top to Bottom (instead Left to Right) in Window with 2+ Columns

Window_SkillList inherits its behaviour from Window_Selectable. In there you'll find the itemRect function which dictates where the items in a window will be drawn (the function is called for each item in the window.) Look at how that function chooses the x and y position of each item and try to...
  10. NotADev

Animated Monsters

It can be done but it is fairly difficult. It involves adding a state that turns the enemy invisible. Before they attack, you turn them invisible, then play the animation, then turn them visible again. This tech demo: https://rpgmaker.net/games/3106/ made by RanMaster has animated monsters...
  11. NotADev

an idea that I want to have in the game

Can you show us how you've set up the events? Your description has me a little confused.
  12. NotADev

Can anyone show me how to use this tool?

Keep your patch settings as they are in the screenshot. In the "Source Folder" choose the .exe file for rpg maker 2003 (The steam version is usually in program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/rpgmaker2003 and is called rpg2003.exe.) In the "Destination Folder" select a folder where you want...
  13. NotADev

Help: Text Box Sound Effects

Here's a quick solution I thought of. It's pretty jank though and would require you to know how long each message should play the sound effect for. (in this example I'm using earthquake2 because it's a long sfx) 1. Play the sound 2. Set a variable to how long you want the sound effect to play...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marvomix