Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude, Male, 17, from Texas

Veteran

So apparently I'm alive or something Mar 20, 2019

Nutty171 was last seen:
Aug 16, 2019
    1. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      I have a great idea for a short game I could make, now I'm just waiting for a GameJam to show up... :kaocry:
    2. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      I like how that one tile in the SF_Outside tileset is called "Mysterious Liquid." I mean, it's totally not a puddle of blood, right?
      1. padr81 likes this.
      2. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        Obviously someone dropped a jar of raspberry jelly. :p
        Jul 30, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Never fear! It's just kool-aid. But... maybe don't drink. :p
        Jul 30, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
    3. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Homo Sapiens: The only species dumb enough to cuddle with one of nature's deadliest killing machines.
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Except for the mice. They're not happy. :p
        Jul 29, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        xD yep the mice didn't win ahah
        Jul 29, 2017
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Sucks to be the mice, but there are always more of them. =P
        Jul 29, 2017
        Matseb2611 and Guiguimu like this.
    4. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      FINALLY I got the main puzzle mechanic for Copy Quest working right! :D TBH though it was mostly me being stupid and fooling around.
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
    5. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Started development on a new puzzle RPG where Harold gets cloned... I'm calling it "Copy Quest." :D
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Got me confused there.
        Jul 27, 2017
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Dang. I had a feeling I'd get who it was wrong. I tried! >.>
        Jul 27, 2017
      4. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Don't worry, I actually was thinking it was Hudell before I double-checked. :p
        Jul 27, 2017
    6. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      It has been decreed by the lord of all RPGs that ALL houses and signs MUST be facing south.
      1. CleanWater, Amane Kagari and Kyoku like this.
      3. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Drat.
        Jul 25, 2017
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Do I detect a re-mapping session coming up?
        Jul 25, 2017
      5. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Oh no no no no. I'm satisfied with following the rules. :p
        Jul 26, 2017
    7. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      And this is what happens when you forget to disable dashing on your map.
      1. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Well nvm, imgur here has a light gray bg. :p
        (p.s. you can tell that this is low-effort art)
        Jul 24, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
    8. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      I'm considering making a devblog for my game. What would you recommend I use for it?
      1. Kino likes this.
      3. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        @Poryg Aahhh, that's much easier to understand. :) Though I think it would be easier for me to just host the blog on wordpress. :p
        Jul 24, 2017
      4. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        You can wordpress *and* tumblr
        Jul 24, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
      5. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Eh, I'm feelin' the lazy Sundays, I might make a tumblr blog later. :p
        Jul 24, 2017
    9. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Things I don't have to do: Hours of research and refinement. Things I have to do: Nope. Not interested.
    10. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Today is the first 100°F day in Texas in 2017. Yay.
      1. Tea's Jams likes this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        @Nutty171 I've only noticed because I'm in my car a lot and it tells the temp. I thought at first it must be high, but all the bank signs and such seemed to agree.

And yeah, it's insanely hot, but I couldn't handle a northern winter. Cold and I do not get along well.
        Jul 21, 2017
      4. VideoWizard
        VideoWizard
        Just now? That seems really late for Texas to get its first 100 degree day. Unusually cool :p Perhaps that means there won't be that many of them this year, but then again, it may also be 100+ for a month and a half straight. Who knows?
        Jul 21, 2017
      5. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        @mlogan Actually, come to think of it, I was probably wrong. The outdoor thermometer at my house is actually in the shade, so... Actually, it's a lot scarier thinking that it's 100 degrees IN THE SHADE. :kaoswt2:
        Jul 21, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      My cowlick is the true final boss. It's undefeatable.
      1. Ms Littlefish and The Stranger like this.
      2. Trihan
        Trihan
        The struggle is real.
        Jul 20, 2017
    12. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Dear Nintendo: Yes, the music in NSMBW is really awesome, but no, that doesn't mean you get to simply reuse it in the next two games!
      1. Prodigy 1216
        Prodigy 1216
        seriously they did? Not even a remastered version of the ost?
        Jul 19, 2017
      2. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        A lot of the songs were originals, but the castle themes are reused in both sequels, and most disappointingly, the FINAL BOSS theme is reused in NSMB2. >:(
        Jul 19, 2017
    13. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Serious talk. The reason I don't show my age is because I'm afraid people will underestimate my admittedly above-average intelligence. :/
      2. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        I guess I should clarify. I've recently decided to show my age, especially thanks to Jonforum. :)

@The Mighty Palm I don't think there's any way TO say it without sounding egotistical. But I can say with certainty that I am at least smart enough to realize my stupidity.

So I'll admit, I'm just a kid. And I act like one too. But that doesn't mean that I want to be treated like one. :p
        Jul 18, 2017
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        @Nutty171 If you act like one then you SHOULD get treated like one. You cant act like something and expect to be treated any other way. If you dont want to be treated like a kid, then you'll have to not act like one.
        Jul 18, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
      4. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        @The Mighty Palm Well, what I really meant to say was that I don't want to be treated like a 5 year old. :p Poor wording on my part. (p.s. I can tell that you're obviously smarter than me.)
        Jul 18, 2017
        The Mighty Palm likes this.
    14. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      The first area is approx. 15 mins of gameplay. Calculated estimated length of other areas... ~5 hours of gameplay in the final game. Good?
      1. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Sounds good - and remember that most players will spend far longer in each area than you do as the designer. Best way to see for sure is to watch someone (who has never seen your game before) playtest!
        Jul 15, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
      2. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Yeah, I took the time it took me to "speedrun" the area, and then tripled it. Also, the estimates for other areas didn't actually include the cutscenes and towns. :p
        Jul 15, 2017
        Wavelength likes this.
    15. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Roses are Red, Violets are blue. I'll have nightmares tonight, and now so will you. http://imgur.com/a/7fXhn You're welcome. ;P
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Is the image broken for anyone else?
        Jul 11, 2017
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It leads to an animated ball of fluff. What is it?
        Jul 11, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
      4. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        How am I supposed to know?
        Jul 11, 2017
    16. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      The Colosseum. #1 best track in MV RTP. No contest.
    17. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      I can't map interiors, I can't map towns, and now I realize I can't even make house tiles. I guess my brain just hates civilization.
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        The only things I can't map are towns and "plains". Like, towns I have trouble with layouts. But plains. How do you make plains interesting in a top-down RPG?
        Jul 6, 2017
      3. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        In what way do you think I should tweak the colors? More saturation? :unsure:
        Jul 10, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's not an all at once tweak, it's a careful consideration of each color and shade and how everything works as a whole. I tend to save color tweaking for at least the middle, sometimes it's the last thing I do. There's a lovely Resource WIP thread that's made for just this kind of thing.
        Jul 10, 2017
        Nutty171 likes this.
    18. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      I killed a baby wasp today. I feel like a monster and a hero at the same time. :kaoswt2:
      1. Tea's Jams, djDarkX and Arisa like this.
      3. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        @The Mighty Palm Looks like somebody didn't study up on biology. :p Insects have no pain receptors. Also, once my porch was infested with wasps (that were feeding on the spiny plants nearby) and I could just walk by without a problem. The other day, I was sitting outside, and a wasp flew right in front of me. I jumped back, and y'know what the wasp did? It was terrified and flew away. So yeah. You're wrong. :p
        Jul 4, 2017
        The Mighty Palm likes this.
      4. Stanley
        Stanley
        Don't bring science to spirituality!! #Sarwaspsm
        Jul 4, 2017
      5. mogwai
        mogwai
        If you got the candy that killed the king of pop, I'll take 2 bottles, but until then I'll pray for someone with the science to do it.
        Jul 5, 2017
    19. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      I'm 'onna make a game in 20 minutes. But I need a plot. Gimme the first thing that comes to yer mind. EDIT: I finished the game by the way.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Need more? I got about 15 more (see my status), and there's no way I'm going to use them all.
        Jul 3, 2017
        Stanley likes this.
      3. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        20 minutes is an awfully short amount of time. The project is now uploading to google drive.
        Jul 3, 2017
      4. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Done.
        (I don't understand why the file is so big...)
        Jul 3, 2017
    20. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Thanks to watching the Twilight Zone while making tiles, I will now forever associate the shadows of my tree tiles with Carol Burnett.
      1. Guiguimu, Tea's Jams and Arisa like this.
      3. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Jul 3, 2017
        Tea's Jams likes this.
      4. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Haha, not even close, though I do make sure to keep my life slow and simple to whatever extent possible(aka plenty of web surfing time). Currently I spend the majority of my time doing, raising 4 kids solo, volunteer ministry, work for wages, study, and game making/forum perusing. (in that order). Sunday is a slow day, hence boredom and much more forum surfing :p
        Jul 3, 2017
      5. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Plus I'm having a hard time progressing through my current JavaScript lesson and so I'm avoiding it like the plague...
        Jul 3, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 11, 2002 (Age: 17)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Titans and Australia
    On Discord, I am Nutty171#8838. Shoot me a friend request! :LZSwink:

Signature

"The only bad artist is one that never tries to improve. There is a lot to learn, but if you pursue it you'll one day look back and see how far you've come. Never settle. Never stop seeking improvement." -The Mighty Palm

I support: Beast Masters