Nutty171
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My cat was literally sleeping with her eyes open. It was both creepy and hilarious at the same time.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I once slept with open eyes too, but luckily only 30 minutes...
    I have a great idea for a short game I could make, now I'm just waiting for a GameJam to show up... :kaocry:
    I like how that one tile in the SF_Outside tileset is called "Mysterious Liquid." I mean, it's totally not a puddle of blood, right?
    Reactions: padr81
    hiddenone
    hiddenone
    Obviously someone dropped a jar of raspberry jelly. :p
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Never fear! It's just kool-aid. But... maybe don't drink. :p
    FINALLY I got the main puzzle mechanic for Copy Quest working right! :D TBH though it was mostly me being stupid and fooling around.
    Started development on a new puzzle RPG where Harold gets cloned... I'm calling it "Copy Quest." :D
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Got me confused there.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Dang. I had a feeling I'd get who it was wrong. I tried! >.>
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    Don't worry, I actually was thinking it was Hudell before I double-checked. :p
    Things I don't have to do: Hours of research and refinement. Things I have to do: Nope. Not interested.
    Today is the first 100°F day in Texas in 2017. Yay.
    Reactions: Tea's Jams
    mlogan
    mlogan
    @Nutty171 I've only noticed because I'm in my car a lot and it tells the temp. I thought at first it must be high, but all the bank signs and such seemed to agree.

And yeah, it's insanely hot, but I couldn't handle a northern winter. Cold and I do not get along well.
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    Just now? That seems really late for Texas to get its first 100 degree day. Unusually cool :p Perhaps that means there won't be that many of them this year, but then again, it may also be 100+ for a month and a half straight. Who knows?
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    @mlogan Actually, come to think of it, I was probably wrong. The outdoor thermometer at my house is actually in the shade, so... Actually, it's a lot scarier thinking that it's 100 degrees IN THE SHADE. :kaoswt2:
    Dear Nintendo: Yes, the music in NSMBW is really awesome, but no, that doesn't mean you get to simply reuse it in the next two games!
    Prodigy 1216
    Prodigy 1216
    seriously they did? Not even a remastered version of the ost?
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    A lot of the songs were originals, but the castle themes are reused in both sequels, and most disappointingly, the FINAL BOSS theme is reused in NSMB2. >:(
    Serious talk. The reason I don't show my age is because I'm afraid people will underestimate my admittedly above-average intelligence. :/
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    I guess I should clarify. I've recently decided to show my age, especially thanks to Jonforum. :)

@The Mighty Palm I don't think there's any way TO say it without sounding egotistical. But I can say with certainty that I am at least smart enough to realize my stupidity.

So I'll admit, I'm just a kid. And I act like one too. But that doesn't mean that I want to be treated like one. :P
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    @Nutty171 If you act like one then you SHOULD get treated like one. You cant act like something and expect to be treated any other way. If you dont want to be treated like a kid, then you'll have to not act like one.
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    @The Mighty Palm Well, what I really meant to say was that I don't want to be treated like a 5 year old. :P Poor wording on my part. (p.s. I can tell that you're obviously smarter than me.)
    The first area is approx. 15 mins of gameplay. Calculated estimated length of other areas... ~5 hours of gameplay in the final game. Good?
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Sounds good - and remember that most players will spend far longer in each area than you do as the designer. Best way to see for sure is to watch someone (who has never seen your game before) playtest!
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    Yeah, I took the time it took me to "speedrun" the area, and then tripled it. Also, the estimates for other areas didn't actually include the cutscenes and towns. :p
    I can't map interiors, I can't map towns, and now I realize I can't even make house tiles. I guess my brain just hates civilization.
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    The only things I can't map are towns and "plains". Like, towns I have trouble with layouts. But plains. How do you make plains interesting in a top-down RPG?
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    In what way do you think I should tweak the colors? More saturation? :unsure:
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's not an all at once tweak, it's a careful consideration of each color and shade and how everything works as a whole. I tend to save color tweaking for at least the middle, sometimes it's the last thing I do. There's a lovely Resource WIP thread that's made for just this kind of thing.
    I killed a baby wasp today. I feel like a monster and a hero at the same time. :kaoswt2:
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    @The Mighty Palm Looks like somebody didn't study up on biology. :P Insects have no pain receptors. Also, once my porch was infested with wasps (that were feeding on the spiny plants nearby) and I could just walk by without a problem. The other day, I was sitting outside, and a wasp flew right in front of me. I jumped back, and y'know what the wasp did? It was terrified and flew away. So yeah. You're wrong. :P
    Stanley
    Stanley
    Don't bring science to spirituality!! #Sarwaspsm
    mogwai
    mogwai
    If you got the candy that killed the king of pop, I'll take 2 bottles, but until then I'll pray for someone with the science to do it.
    I'm 'onna make a game in 20 minutes. But I need a plot. Gimme the first thing that comes to yer mind. EDIT: I finished the game by the way.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quick! Someone give me a snake pun about moving.
Meet the crew...Arrrr!
Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rai1209