Recent content by Nuxill

1. Nuxill

Porting to MAC OS X and safeguarding my assets?

I don't have a mac and can not confirm this, but from what I've seen other people say if you export your game as a mac it basically just shows up as an application. It does not do it in one neat little package if you export to mac while on pc, but it's functionally the same. It's obfuscated when...
  2. Nuxill

Creating a mini map but for MV

There's a minimap tutorial for mv by Echo607 thats very useful. She has a lot of great eventing tutorials on her channel.
  3. Nuxill

VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

Visustella does have a page, though it isn't listed on their itch or website. It looks like the benefits are based more on their sprite assets than plugins, but there's only three updates on the page I can see so I'm not 100% sure. Edit: The link doesn't work because this forum censors the word...
  4. Nuxill

Moving Multiple NPCs at once for a Cutscene. Please help

You can move several NPCs at a time with move routes. If you unclick the "wait for completion" button near the bottom the actions done by the NPCs will happen simultenously. (These are screenshots from MV but it should work exactly the same) You can move as many events as you want as long as...
  5. Nuxill

Blocking section of map visibly (pkmn Flash type skill)

The flashing is probably from the asset being loaded in for the first time. Try using a preloader plugin to remedy that. I personally like Galv's image cache plugin.
  6. Nuxill

VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

I believe it was also mentioned by VisuStella that updates will be every Sunday? At least while there's still bugs to be fixed and updates to be made.
  7. Nuxill

Poor graphics quality.

I do agree that some of the assets are a little wonky, and what some people are pointing out as "just art style" is not 100% accurate. You can have a cartoon character with off-putting anatomy, especially if that anatomy is trying for the realm of realistic. It's not so much "everyone has big...
  8. Nuxill

Are Spreadsheet Based Animations being 'Removed' from RPG Maker MZ?

I was just looking through the dlc plugin files for MZ and apparently there *is* a plugin to make animations with animation sheets like you could in MV. I haven't touched it yet so I dont know how it works, but at least it gives you an option!
  9. Nuxill

TF_LayeredMap.js You can walk around the tile!

I just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite plugins ever! It's fixed so many tileset problems for me while making my game. I don't know where i'd be without it.
  10. Nuxill

Flavor Text Ideas

Descriptions are more interesting when they contain some type of lore or context for the game. It's great for world building. I know it's hard to write generic lore as a template but it might help out a bit with some of the items. I've never heard of Brave Frontier, but I do know that the dark...
  11. Nuxill

Does this just bother me?

I'm kind of surprised that they don't make the enemies in the same kind of sprite style as the characters. Not animated, but at least pixel art as opposed to a fully rendered image. But they've been doing it that way since the beginning (i think??) so I guess there's no reason for them to change...
  12. Nuxill

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass (Demo available!)

Nice! I'm excited for the demo. I've been following the development on tumblr and I'm really digging the whole vibe of this game :)
  13. Nuxill

June Goals & Progress Thread

!! :O Thank you! I know its a bit simplistic but I wanted to work with a limited color palette. I'm glad you like it! 
  14. Nuxill

June Goals & Progress Thread

This is my first time posting in this kind of thread!!! *v* I'm actually finally working on a game and it's been a lot of fun so far! My goals for June are to finish pixelling the indoors part of the apartment complex that the main character and one of her friends lives in. I also need to fix...
  15. Nuxill

Why such short run times?

I want to make short games because I like to play short games. I don't have time to get through a 20+ hour game in a few days and often leave games alone for large periods of time, so when I come back to them I have no idea what's going on or where I was. I'm much more likely to buy something if...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Regret that I wasn't able to actually finish my igmc entry in time for the actual igmc. Will probably just offload it as a standalone thing.
I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gun0987