Recent content by Oatilis

1. Oatilis

Erase all pictures?

For future reference, if you want to clear all images on the screen, there's a much easier way: $gameScreen.clearPictures();
  2. Oatilis

RMMV Trying to find the duration of a sound effect. How can I access WebAudio attributes?

I don't want to manually enter each file length - I want to program it in automatically. I know my way around events well enough, looking for a JS solution to this.
  3. Oatilis

RMMV Trying to find the duration of a sound effect. How can I access WebAudio attributes?

I need to get the length while the game is running because I'm using it to close the text window after a voiceover has finished playing.
  4. Oatilis

Hey guys, I want to get the duration (play length) of a sound effect which is being played. I've looked into: AudioManager.playSe AudioManager.createBuffer AudioManager.updateBufferParameters I tried printing to console fields from WebAudio class, like totalTime, loopLength etc, but it seems...
  5. Oatilis

Yanfly's Button Common Events: Binding to a gamepad?

I was searching for this as well, but couldn't find a fix so I just edited Yanfly's plugin to include the gamepad. This is an old thread so it might not be relevant to OP anymore, but I decided to reply anyway for people who might find this thread in the future looking for a solution. I would...
  6. Oatilis

Can't assign Escape key in Yanfly's ButtonCommonEvents?

Thanks, but I don't want to create a menu this way, because I think it's more elegant to use BCE and actually assign the key to the (common) menu event, than to manually place another event in every single map. For now I just want to understand how to assign a common event to the Escape key...
  7. Oatilis

Can't assign Escape key in Yanfly's ButtonCommonEvents?

I might be missing something but I can't find the Escape key in the plugin, and I really want to replace the current functionality with a common event. I found this thread, they discuss using a parallel process to open a common event when the player presses Escape, but this solution is not that...
  8. Oatilis

Having some trouble loading a save file with script call...

I use the code in an event, the player basically goes back to the previous check point. Line 599 in the plugin is the return statement: Game_Map.prototype.getHeight = function(x, y) { return this.isValid(x, y) ? this._heightMap[x][y] : null; }; This is the isValid function...
  9. Oatilis

Help with Day/night cycle not based on time "waiting frames"

One cool thing to do would be to get the actual system time and then act on that. I do something similar with dates: var d = new Date(); $gameVariables.setValue(1, d.getDay()); $gameVariables.setValue(2, d.getFullYear()); You can get the day, month, year, and so on, and do cool stuff with it...
  10. Oatilis

Good guess, Khas Ultra Lighting throws an error. But I didn't add it between saving and loading (I save and then immediately try the loading event). I don't see what's missing in my code, since I do the same thing that Scene_Load does, and when loading normally there's no problem. Maybe I need...
  11. Oatilis

I'm trying to manually initiate loading a save without going through 'Scene_Load'. I have this script in my event: DataManager.loadGame(1) SoundManager.playLoad(); SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map); if ($gameSystem.versionId() !== $dataSystem.versionId) {...
  12. Oatilis

Deployed game doesn't run for users with Unicode paths (non-English folders)

Yeah, version 1.5.2. Haven't seen the full path anywhere myself. All the game files seem to use a relative path, which makes sense because deploying dumps the game the same way no matter which location you use.
  13. Oatilis

Actually there's a standard for encoding unicode in URLs. It's very common. here's an example: www.test.com/%D7%91%D7%93%D7%99%D7%A7%D7%94 Paste it in your browser and it should automatically change the encoding to the original unicode. Not sure how the URL encoding happens in MV, but pure...
  14. Oatilis

This came up during beta testing. A player was testing the game, which didn't load. A blank (white) window started up, but nothing loaded whatsoever, no main menu, nothing. Turns up the game simply didn't run because the folder path had Unicode folder names in it (in Hebrew). When the player...
  15. Oatilis

[Solved] Is there a simple way to unbind (disable) the "X" and "Z" keys?

OK, I got it to work. As I suspected, Yanfly's ButtonCommonEvents was the culprit. The plugin assigns the buttons in several different places under different conditions. If anyone is using Yanfly's plugin, this is what you need to do: 1. Comment out the unwanted keys in rpg_core.js...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peng