Recent content by Ocedic

1. Ocedic

Weird Chrome popup when launching game

This seems like a longshot but figured I'd ask for help here. I've been working on a new project and getting my scripts set up. I'm using Yanfly's scripts but for some inexplicable reason when I playtest now this weird Chrome thing pops up. I tested in deployment and it seems to happen there as...
  2. Ocedic

Anyone still alive?

Anyone still alive?
  3. Ocedic

RTP Style/Edit Portrait Request for Mack Sprite

Hello! I'm currently looking for an RTP-style portrait of an NPC in four different colors (for a bit of NPC variety.) Here are the four variations: Basically blond, dark brown, red and chestnut. Here's an example that a friend made for the smaller boy NPC: The colors would be preferably...
  4. Ocedic

Time Mechanic

Day/Night adds life to your game, but it can also be distracting and feel superfluous if it's just added as an afterthought. I felt the N64 Zelda games did a great job of implementing day/night, especially since time played an important part in the game's story/gameplay.
  5. Ocedic

But your pinned threads are the best.

But your pinned threads are the best.
  6. Ocedic

Amaranth's Super Simple Mouse System for Ace

Hey Shaz, in regards to the following change in the changelog: I'm using an older version (one where the script is still is still in separate parts) and due to having made some modifications, it'd be simpler for me not to update the script and redo them. I was wondering if you could direct me...
  7. Ocedic

Because you've never missed a line of dialogue from a TV show, movie or game? Calm down and stop...

Because you've never missed a line of dialogue from a TV show, movie or game? Calm down and stop with the hyperbole. Games are actually more narrative driven than ever; I have no idea what you expect from people playing Dead Rising 3.
  8. Ocedic

Depends how rich you are.

Depends how rich you are.
  9. Ocedic

So many streams...

So many streams...
  10. Ocedic

WHERE can you sell your game? What are the requirements?

Well, there's To the Moon which also looks more like an RM game. Other than that, I think that's about it.
  11. Ocedic

Archeia's Let's Play/Try Thread

Aww, can't believe I missed the first two days. Really awesome that you're doing this and I hope to catch your stream tomorrow.
  12. Ocedic

Has anyone ever made a GDD for their RM games?

GDDs are a good way to get your thoughts on paper, but people can get caught in a cycle of trying to work on the GDD and make IT perfect rather than spending that effort on the game. Don't get hung up on the GDD, keep it simple and keep it free form. Game development should be a dynamic process...
  13. Ocedic

Female characters

Here are some tips for those who struggle with this: Don't focus on what you perceive as 'female-ness' when writing the character. Women are people just like men. They have strengths, weaknesses, desires, turn-offs and goals just like you. The fact that they are female will be a part of who...
  14. Ocedic

Amaranth's Super Simple Mouse System for Ace

I've found a bug in which you can still move around during an NPC's move route. Here are some simple repro steps: - Create an event that is activated on player press which makes This Event take a long-ish move route. For example, you could move Up Right Down Left over and over for a few cycles...
  15. Ocedic

What would stop you from editing them?

What would stop you from editing them?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV