Recent content by Oddball

1. Oddball

Basic Quest System

If you removed sound effects all together, you could use the script calls that check if you accepted/failed/turned in a quest to play a sound effect from the event page. and from there, you can make it any volume and/or pitch you want
  2. Oddball

YEP_EventChasePlayer does not make the Event go back to the original position after switching Event Page.

Have you tried storing the spot where the event detected the player into variables? Then, when the event switches back. There might be a way to refrence those variables to tell the event where to go Edit: The downside to this method is you wouldn't be able to do too many of these events on a...
  3. Oddball

Proper way to handle this event?

But is there a more efficent way to handle this event? Or is what i have as good as it gets?
  4. Oddball

The goal is to set up event's, situations, the players starting inventory in a way where each game is different and the player has to think on the fly with what limited tools and resources they have in the beginning. As well as spawn locations, randomized treasure, randomized events, ect, ect...
  5. Oddball

Hi again. I'm back.. again I put an event in my game that handles random world events, but am not sure i did it in the most efficent way possible. Thoughts on how i can improve it?
  6. Oddball

What are the most common traps newbie developers tend to fall for while making a project?

For me, it was getting too caught up in experimenting with the engine, as well as focusing too much on cutsences. I'm not saying don't put any effort into cutscenes. Do put effort in. I mean, i kept tweaking the cutscene, even after i had a decent one and ended up scrapping the project, cause...
  7. Oddball

Let's share our D&D charecters

This is an Empathic druid i came up with for a campaign a while back. They tried to befriend every animal they came across, even in combat. Their empathic abilities came from a fae they befriended, so I had anything that tried to poison them roll with advantage, and they took 10% extra damage...
  8. Oddball

Unpopular Opinions: The Thread

:o:o:o:dizzy::barf::barf::headshake::headshake::headshake:
  9. Oddball

Unpopular Opinions: The Thread

The force is female and dagobah is premitive earth!
  10. Oddball

Subverting prophect trope

The easiest way i can think of to do this is making the prophecy not about the main charecter. What are some other ways to subvert this trope?
  11. Oddball

Is cheeze actually good for games?

I don't think you guys get the point. If there is a secret door, i don't think thats cheeze, its a secret passage. Cheeze is using the games mechanics in unexpective and creative ways to get further in the game, or somewhere unexpected. And @V_Aero if the player can't figure out a creative way...
  12. Oddball

Is cheeze actually good for games?

Cheeze as in using mechanics in unexpected ways to get further in the game. Maybe you use an ability in an unexpected way and get somewhere unreachable or maybe you stack up a bunch of chairs against a wall so you can scale it and skip an entire quest line. I'll lay out some benifits of cheeze...
  13. Oddball

@Shaz i wanted to decide it randomly. Thats why i didn't tell

@Shaz i wanted to decide it randomly. Thats why i didn't tell
  14. Oddball

So what this was about is a subplot of my book is my charecter is going to discover her...

So what this was about is a subplot of my book is my charecter is going to discover her sexuality, and i was trying to decide what it was. 1 was straight, 2 was bi, 3 was lesbian, and 4 was asexual. Looks like she's gay
  15. Oddball

@Shaz this isn't for a game. Its for a charecter in my book

@Shaz this isn't for a game. Its for a charecter in my book

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:
Every RPG and MMO should let you transmog\glamour your gear so you can look the way you want.
So, to clear up things, this section is to speak about personal life stuff and such? or maybe upload game content?
excerpt from my game FW: WHAT?! You want me to shear sheep? I had servants, who had servants, that had servants that did peasants work. Vincent: Do you see any of your servants here? FW: Well... no. Of course not. Vincent: Then get to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vkings22