OfficialBoiiste
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Jesus its hard to find RPG Maker VX ACE Resources in 2017.
    I really hate when nintendo takes down fan games. But they don't take down rip-off games that are being sold unlike fan games. Ugh!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    PS: I think Andar has info that proves my comment though, so...maybe it also varies by country.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup! And it cannot be said that companies, even Nintendo, will always say no. I know someone that got permission for a Zelda 1 remake, although I suspect it was approved due to Nintendo never planning to touch mobile phones way back then.
    Kes
    Kes
    Yes, this does vary from country to country, Andar is right. And he always makes the point that it varies, so that you have to check with a lawyer what the laws are in the country where you live.
    RPG MAKER TIP: If you want your game NOT look like another rpg maker game. Try using Parallax Mapping. It can make your games WONDERFUL!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Even classic mapping can make them wonderful. Only depends how can you use them :)
    I don't use parallax mapping for two reasons.
    One of them is game folder size.
    The other one is instability. I changed harddisks due to permanent damage... And that alone was enough to make the overlay plugin stop working.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Third reason: it bloats the development time by 10 times whilst only having maybe 10-20% better visual beauty than editing the tilesets can accomplish. I prefer to go for the efficiency personally, otherwise my games will never be finished.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    For some it may be true, but for some once they get a knack of it, it becomes quite a quick job. So I wouldn't be that scared of 3. But the fact that it all depends on fragile compatibility, that really scares me.
    You can tell if your RPG MAKER game is bad just by look at how much time you took to make it.
    Nantas
    Nantas
    I take time to do everything. I could spend 30 hours on just a town. I have so many things to do, and so many ideas, that I can't make less.
    umbralshadows
    umbralshadows
    people seem ta like my first game an i made it only in 6 days.. ... its not done ofcourse i just had time limit for gamejam so i had ta rush something out
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Probably a better indicator would be "how much time you took to make it compared to the amount of content in it". So if the game is short, it doesn't matter if it didn't take long to make. But if you didn't take long on a lengthy game, that's often a red flag.
    What do you think the next RPG MAKER needs!
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    It reads my mind and the game is made in a week.
    mogwai
    mogwai
    Keep it like is like a flip phone. Smart phones are dumb. I can't image the math in internet airwaves. Let people get an ambulance faster than a pizza and stop ordering things around with toys. Make your industry out of something concrete and useful. Free freehand forum!
    evmaster
    evmaster
    An easier way to import movies and music files.
    Who's ready to throw some explosives in the sky? xD
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    My first reaction when reading this post was : "*spits drink* YOU CAN EXPLODE THE SKY ??" Oh well, I'd love to throw explosives in the sky but National Day in France is on the 14th of July, not the 4th. :c
    I just spent 3 days on my game and the only thing i have done is the logo. (PS: i am not even finished with the logo xD)
    Rhino
    Rhino
    Game making is a huge time sink. I've been working on mine for 3 months and don't have a single finished event yet ._.'' Be prepared for long hours and late nights XD
    OfficialBoiiste
    OfficialBoiiste
    I was just up all night and now i am looking for the perfect window skin. I found one i wanted but it won't even work xD.
    Whats better to you guys? RPG MAKER VX ACE or RPG MAKER MV.
    KaiWeWi
    KaiWeWi
    Depends. I really like the VX Ace graphic style. There are a lot of DLCs for VX Ace, that adds a lot of variety. I don't really like the VX Ace character generator tho. MV doesn't have that many DLCs at the moment. But MV has a really nice character generator, far better than the VX Ace one. If you want to make a game with a lot of different actors and not use the RTP ones, I would recommend MV to you.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    You wish to start a war on here or something?!

MV :) but Ace is not bad either.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    MV. The additional map layer makes up for the awkward tile size. They all have advantages though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sadpan