Recent content by Omar

1. Omar

How do you guys plan a work schedule around working on your games?

A little structure goes a long way. That said I would ask yourself do you really want to make a game right now. That you mentioned you drawing is more important to you perhaps for now you should focus on your artwork. You can even tie it into your game by drawing character concepts, locations...
  2. Omar

Naming your game/studio (legal issues)

Being a business owner in the State of Florida here are the requirements. If I don’t want my business to be my name I have to register as a DBA (doing business as). There is a small fee from my state for doing so $45 and they request that I run an ad for two weeks stating I am going to use...
  3. Omar

M-DRIVE 16-bit Music Pack: Price?

I love the music, without reading anything it captured the feel of the old Sega games I loved to play as a child. That said I voted $5. I loved the music, I would buy the pack, however it would be for my own enjoyment and not make it into any game I have planned at this time. For the rest it is...
  4. Omar

Swearing - I feel conflicted.

Perhaps another route to take is replace swearing with oaths and insults. A patronizing and condescending character is often more interesting than one who constantly swears. It also shows off a bit more than the character's personality. Modern day swearing is a lazy form of such insults and...
  5. Omar

Title Screen+

Searching through the master plugin I have noticed several plugins which alter the title screen, yet none of them seem to create the title screen I desire.  When you start the the RPG Maker MV, the game would start by playing either the selected .mp4 or .webm video. After the video finishes...
  6. Omar

Building a project from scratch in RMMV

I am not an expert, however I would say building a game from scratch is doable, however do not try to be the guy who does everything. If you are great at writing stories and doing artwork, focus on that and then either buy (or trade) for the other things you need. Such as music, custom plugins...
  7. Omar

[RMMV] Tileset Passable tiles

One of the great things I have found about RPG Maker is that there are so many different communities. Using the search engine here I have to hope that I phrase something correctly to pick up some hits. Many times Google will point to posts on this site, other times it may find where I am looking...
  8. Omar

Hi Andar, Thank you for your response. I appreciate you took out the time to point me to a solution as you are under no obligation to do so, however you did so in the most dismissive, insulting way possible. I in fact did search a bit. I searched for over a hour. Upon not finding the solution...
  9. Omar

I imported some of my titles, built my scene. Sat back and enjoyed the beautiful artwork. Then it came time to do the task of marking all the tiles as passable or not. So I opened up system, go to passage, and mark everything 0 or X for tile A (B-E there are some bushes, trees, fences and so...
  10. Omar

[MV] Medieval Bundle Sprite Sheet

I purchased the Medieval bundle and have slowly began to make the NPCs to populate my game. As I do so I run into the dreaded problem of one character on each sheet. Getting them to load up is no problem I just put $ before the sheet name and they run. For better organization and saving some...
  11. Omar

Product Release: Fantasy & Medieval

I am very excited by both of these packs. I have been waiting for the artwork to be released. Biting my nails and shouting, hurry up and take my money please.  The main reason why I been so excited is while I love RPG Maker, I am not fond of the default artwork. I am also not an artist. This...
  12. Omar

More Title Screen Help

Thank you both very much for your response. I did not notice that there before.
  13. Omar

More Title Screen Help

I am looking to edit the title screen. I would like to change New Game to New Story. What I know: Line 5740 in rpg_windows.js seems to call the the function for New Game, however I do not know where that function is, or how to locate the function so I may change the text display to New Story...
  14. Omar

Title Screen Help

Thank you izyees, was able to fix tweak it. Also, wow you really know your stuff. :)
  15. Omar

Title Screen Help

I could not find the json which contained the code for the menu on the start screen. The Menu Which Displays: New Game Continue Options My hope is to be able to find that one so I can remove continue, add in a Credits (displaying a list of credits of who worked on the game) along with an...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LunaTheRedFox