OmnislashXX
Last Activity:
Feb 20, 2018 at 9:52 PM
Birthday:
May 15, 1979 (Age: 38)

Share This Page

OmnislashXX

Veteran, Male, 38

Events cleaned up. Now have Overworld/Town/Dungeon settings. Created a timed Day/Night screen effect along with random rain. Accomplishment. Feb 20, 2018 at 8:47 PM

OmnislashXX was last seen:
Viewing member profile OmnislashXX, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:52 PM
    1. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Events cleaned up. Now have Overworld/Town/Dungeon settings. Created a timed Day/Night screen effect along with random rain. Accomplishment.
    2. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Maybe I should post it in MV suggestions, but I find it curious that by default, events can't control other events self switches.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Right. It's the little things. And @Poryg it's because I'm writing a cutscene where the characters walk into a bar and then stand around waiting for the main character to actually walk up to the bartender. But if the player decides to walk out of the bar instead, the party follows him again until he comes back to the bar and they are automatically standing around again.
        Feb 20, 2018 at 4:52 PM
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        A built-in feature that ask another event to "hey, flip to other page please" is always welcomed (and dreamed).
        Feb 20, 2018 at 6:32 PM
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        In rm2k there is Call event, which doesn't flip to that page, but calls it :)
        Feb 20, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    3. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I suppose I shouldn't pat myself on the back for adding/installing parts to the character generator for the first time, considering.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        *pat pat*
        Feb 20, 2018 at 1:49 AM
    4. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      So many ideas, not much time. Since RPGMMV has many modern resources for it, I might remake an old Rpg Maker 1 game of mine.
      1. starlight dream and Puruiro like this.
    5. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Found some nice Goblin Battlers, but then found them to be from Dragon's Crown. So, oh well, Can't use them. A pity.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Thomas Smith like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Kes- who said I was using my profile as a Resource Request? I was merely commenting on finding something nice that just happened to turn out to be owned and copyrighted.
        Feb 18, 2018 at 6:24 AM
        starlight dream and Thomas Smith like this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Starlight Dream, those are great monster sprites created by those two artists, but I'm pretty much hunting for monster stills ( like enemy slimes you fight in the battles for example.)
        Feb 18, 2018 at 6:27 AM
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Ah ok, I completely misunderstood what you wanted.
        Kes' comment is most likely directed at me for posting the links, and not you.^^
        Feb 18, 2018 at 11:05 AM
        Thomas Smith likes this.
    6. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Man, I don't really own photoshop/etc. Parallax mapping seems a bit out there for me.
      1. Thomas Smith likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        ^gimp works well for those of us with limited budgets. My biggest problem with Parallax mapping is I can't seem to find a balance between aesthetics and playability I.E the game lags horribly when I try parallax mapping, even when it's just a minor detail or two.

Of course, my pc was also purchased on a budget, so that might be the culprit. Still, it's something to consider when thinking about your future players.
        Feb 17, 2018 at 3:54 AM
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        And how do you handle parallax mapping? Since parallax bg is just an image, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
        Feb 17, 2018 at 3:56 AM
        IAmJakeSauvage and Thomas Smith like this.
      5. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Well, at least now I know how some folks have come up with their own style.
        Feb 17, 2018 at 6:49 AM
        Thomas Smith likes this.
    7. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      1. Kes
        Kes
        I think this would be better posted in Game and Map Screenshots thread. Status Updates isn't the place for giving feedback.
        Feb 16, 2018 at 5:28 AM
        Thomas Smith and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        It looks great. But I do think @Kes is right.
        Feb 16, 2018 at 7:23 AM
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I think it looks better than before.^^ If you post in the forums like Kes said, you'll probably get more help.
        Feb 16, 2018 at 11:04 AM
        Sauteed_Onion and Thomas Smith like this.
    8. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Kinda wonder if you could make movies with the VN Maker and then port them into RM with the "Play Movie" function.
      1. Thomas Smith likes this.
      2. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        Well, I suppose you could.
        Feb 16, 2018 at 5:04 AM
    9. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I need to sleep for my overnight job, not work on this freakin' game.
    10. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      MV's Character Generator has more eye options now. You can now put tears in your character's eyes. Cool.
    11. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Working on a revamped Intro today. So far, it looks a lot better. Had to fix a prob with Event moving-I think invisible hero was in the way.
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        If hero is invisible, hero should also have Through ON at that time! :D
        Feb 12, 2018
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I'm having a pretty hard time with intro cut scene myself. Kind if ridiculous imo because I am having so much success figuring out everything I was having trouble with before.
        Feb 12, 2018
        Thomas Smith likes this.
    12. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Ok, take a crack at learning Animations. Spend about an hour or two making one. Hit Tween button. Have it all erased. Yay.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Llareian like this.
      3. Llareian
        Llareian
        Oh my goodness yes, always apply before tweening. That's my least favorite function in MV.
        Feb 9, 2018
        OmnislashXX and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. Llareian
        Llareian
        Also while doing animations, save the project at points where you really know you've made good progress. That way you've got TWO points to go back to...the save point, and the (later) apply point.
        Feb 9, 2018
      5. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Stepped Away. Had a break. Came back. Redid procedure.
        Now has Fireball animation. Yay!
        Feb 9, 2018
    13. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      It's only supposed to be a small game to practice my skills. But then I start writing events and these characters gain lives and stories.
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Me with my game. It was supposed to be a quick game, as a presentation of my script(s), expecting the character would be a throw away char, but now I love em :(
        Feb 9, 2018
      2. Lehla
        Lehla
        That struggle. The game I'm making was supposed to be a 10 minute thing to test variables. Now it's being released and the old idea is out the window.
        Feb 9, 2018
    14. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      35 bucks for some Music Files? Sheesh, I'm impressed by the person's talents, but who has that kind of cash?
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. SpunkyWunky
        SpunkyWunky
        You can get composers for $5 per track on Fiverr, but they usually don't speak great english lol
        Feb 8, 2018
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        There is also a vast amount of free music from some great artists here. Even if someone else has used it, the chances that it's been used in a completed, released and known game are very slim, so it will be like new to your players.
        Feb 8, 2018
        Gabrelik likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yup, the work here is as cheap as it can get. A compromise for freelancers to earn a buck and indies to not pay a fortune. Musicians can easily charge $50 for a track and even more if they work on a hourly rate. A full time programmer can earn $3000 monthly, which is about $17/hour. But do it here and you're out of business, because not many people have so much to pay.
        Feb 9, 2018
    15. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Doing Database work. Need those Items/Skills. Tedious? Yes. Necessary? Absolutely.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 15, 1979 (Age: 38)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV