Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
May 15, 1979 (Age: 39)
Overnight Cashier

Share This Page

OmnislashXX

Veteran, Male, 39, from Maryland

Veteran

Hmm..List of things to do: Smooth over Bandit Camp event, along with Mayor's house. Make events actually work properly. Sep 18, 2018 at 2:26 AM

OmnislashXX was last seen:
Sep 19, 2018 at 5:06 AM
    1. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Hmm..List of things to do: Smooth over Bandit Camp event, along with Mayor's house. Make events actually work properly.
      1. GoodSelf likes this.
    2. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Man, doing battle events is just tiring. But hey, I have a nice sequence now.
      1. atoms and The Stranger like this.
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Try reverse engineering malicious code. Now that can be tiring. Interesting, but tiring.
        Sep 16, 2018 at 8:40 AM
    3. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Don't ever neglect your Diabetes. I'm in the hospital because of this. Just, don't.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        BP but not cholesterol? Huh, that's unusual. Good luck in finding the diet that works for you.
        Sep 14, 2018 at 12:48 AM
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I think cholesterol too.
        Sep 14, 2018 at 3:03 AM
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        They normally work together. High blood pressure is more likely to push sedentary cholesterol buildup out of its place and into smaller vessels where it blocks things. Lowering salt is because veins are more stiff the more salty it is, so they can't flex and get weak points or tears like an old rubber tube will. But too little salt will cause other problems, so it's a balance.
        Sep 14, 2018 at 3:46 AM
    4. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      When people like your comments on topics that were made months ago.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        Not everyone reads them live.
        Sep 11, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have like alerts turned off, so I don't know that feel.
        Sep 11, 2018
      4. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        "Oh! I remember when I said that!"
        Sep 11, 2018
    5. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      My poor girls, I've been neglecting you. Starlight, I'm sorry about your loss. Spacebot, you have such a dark avatar now.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Rofl
        Sep 11, 2018
        OmnislashXX likes this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Y'know, with the internet, I just don't know whether to take anyone seriously or not.
        Sep 11, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I can see that. I don't take much seriously anymore. Maybe other than this hurricane, lol
        Sep 11, 2018
    6. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Time to get back on the hause. I been away for too long.
    7. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I've been taking a break from game making to do some playing of games. I'm midway through Stardew valley; my next playthrough needs a vote
      1. Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Never finished 8; got like 2/3 of the way through and I let someone borrow the game in middle school and never got it back. I did finish 9; there is quite a lot to do and if you are looking for one that you can enjoy casually 9 makes sure to have breaks from the quest and gives the player some time to relax every now and then.
        Aug 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I played both back in the day. They were both awesome. But I have decided. All the Playstation era Final Fantasy's. 7, 8 then 9. On Steam. Awesome!
        Aug 4, 2018
        Marsigne and Vox Novus like this.
      5. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Certainly one way to go about it. 7 and 8 are definitely a good pair to play near each other. You get to see how it evolved between entries and you get the modern inspired settings with both. Its quite a contrast going from 8 to 9 to be sure.
        Aug 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    8. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I'm streaming Stardew Valley for anyone wanting to join.
    9. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Lord have mercy, I can finally play Stardew Valley again! cursing Steam Controller configurations.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Arisa
        Arisa
        good luck honestly, steam can be a jerk
        Jul 25, 2018
    10. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      32 GB Flash drive. Original cost $26. monthly sale. 14.99. Weekly sale- 9.99. Employee Discount, even less. Spend points- free.
      1. TakeHomeTheCup, Poryg and Vox Novus like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        That's pretty sweet. I used to get some cool electronics stuff at my last job but it wasn't a discount type of thing though. It was mostly hey if you liked something and asked and weren't abusing it, go ahead and take it. Never saw flash drives though.
        Jul 18, 2018
        Poryg likes this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        With two separate flash drives essentially carrying a copy of my game, there is no way this sh++ is ever going to be corrupted or lost due to stupidity or anything else.
        Jul 18, 2018
        Poryg and Vox Novus like this.
      5. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Lol, I would do that to. I'd have a online copy on medifire/dropbox, and then the one on my computer and then one on a flashdrive and one on another flashdrive.
        Jul 18, 2018
        OmnislashXX likes this.
    11. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I'm bored. I don't really want to work on my game. I don't want to do much of anything.
      1. Marsigne, MMMm and The Mighty Palm like this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Do you find databasing tedious? I don't dabble much with it since I haven't made an RPG game yet.
        Jul 17, 2018
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Databasing is definitely tedious. There all these little details that make a ton of difference. Then you have my case where you need to insert notetags into every item or some such because of a yanfly plugin. It' s alot of work.
        Jul 17, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Sounds like it pays off in the end, which is something we hope with it. :p
        Jul 18, 2018
        OmnislashXX likes this.
    12. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I suppose I should get one of those Javascript books and start learning the language. It might help with future endeavors.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Jul 16, 2018
        OmnislashXX and MMMm like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Sololearn is another good one.
        Jul 16, 2018
        OmnislashXX likes this.
    13. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      I had a friend look over my early project. Before he had even gotten a few sentences into the game, he already critiqued the battle system-
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Well, the whole Formation issue is one thing, I just disabled it for the time being until I come up with a better fix for it. The other things, that might involve more specific code.
        Jul 15, 2018
      3. atoms
        atoms
        Feedback may not always say what you want to hear, understandable, but try and look at it from a different perspective as that sounded good advice, the feedback can help you make your game better!
        Jul 15, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        That was my early game dev, got bunch or harsh critiques. Fortunately, he was a person who knows what he's talking about. So, I slowly changed things based on his feedback, and it definitely got better in the end. His name is on my credit list rn.
        Jul 15, 2018
    14. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Well I guess I should get around to doing it. Database work. Ugh.
      1. The Mighty Palm and SpaceBot like this.
      2. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        Database work is the actual worst thing. Just knowing that I'm going to have to rework mine soon is daunting.
        Jul 14, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        funny enough I like doing database stuff. It's the actual map making, dungeon planning, storywriting that gets me stuck in a rut.
        Jul 15, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
    15. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Forgetting to set a switch. Leads to hilarious autorun cutscene where the bandits just keep flying, and flying, and flying.
      1. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Don't you dare set that switch. Your game's perfect the way it is : Ending with flying bandits !!
        Jul 13, 2018
        Snow White and starlight dream like this.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        They were supposed to fly back only once after getting defeated. But they just kept going....unfortunately I have to set the switch, as the game has to continue.
        Jul 13, 2018
      3. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Nooooo D':
        Jul 13, 2018
    16. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Status: making characters on the Character generator. Strictly for one cutscene.
      1. Snow White and SpaceBot like this.
    17. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      So, I've basically spend the entire day in front of the P.C. just working on my game. Cutscenes man. Cutscenes.
      1. Frogboy, GolfHacker and SolonWise like this.
      3. GolfHacker
        GolfHacker
        @Touchfuzzy I've done that with so many different events... you'd think I'd learn after awhile...
        Jul 11, 2018
      4. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        It is my most common mistake.
        Jul 11, 2018
      5. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        For me, it's defining what and where the characters end up moving to. Of course, there is that one where it defaults to player instead of event.
        Jul 11, 2018
    18. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      With new maps, comes new enemies. With new enemies, comes new skills. With new skills, comes new animations. And of course, cut scenes.
      1. Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      2. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        Which leads, of course, to needing new maps!
        Jul 11, 2018
    19. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Well. Guess I waited too long on buying Town of Beginnings on Steam. Ah well, it'll be on sale again sometime.
    20. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      God. I think getting Yanfly Region restrictions is dayum near essential to constructing decent maps.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Regions and doodads. In my opinion, doodads need to be integrated into the MV editor itself. :D
        Jul 6, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 15, 1979 (Age: 39)
    Overnight Cashier
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Playing and Creating Games