OmnislashXX
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Way to go, Devs. 1.6 doesn't even work. Antivirus treated the update as a malicious threat and removed files, so the app won't even open.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Gotcha. Unfortunately even with it turned off and reupdating MV, 1.6 still won't launch. So I don't know, anything that might get it to work short of a complete re-install.
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    Tried testing file integrity?
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Yes. The only real thing it did was set the Character generator to default parts.
    Maybe I should post it in MV suggestions, but I find it curious that by default, events can't control other events self switches.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Right. It's the little things. And @Poryg it's because I'm writing a cutscene where the characters walk into a bar and then stand around waiting for the main character to actually walk up to the bartender. But if the player decides to walk out of the bar instead, the party follows him again until he comes back to the bar and they are automatically standing around again.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    A built-in feature that ask another event to "hey, flip to other page please" is always welcomed (and dreamed).
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In rm2k there is Call event, which doesn't flip to that page, but calls it :)
    Found some nice Goblin Battlers, but then found them to be from Dragon's Crown. So, oh well, Can't use them. A pity.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Kes- who said I was using my profile as a Resource Request? I was merely commenting on finding something nice that just happened to turn out to be owned and copyrighted.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Starlight Dream, those are great monster sprites created by those two artists, but I'm pretty much hunting for monster stills ( like enemy slimes you fight in the battles for example.)
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Ah ok, I completely misunderstood what you wanted.
    Kes' comment is most likely directed at me for posting the links, and not you.^^
    Reactions: ts50
    Man, I don't really own photoshop/etc. Parallax mapping seems a bit out there for me.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    ^gimp works well for those of us with limited budgets. My biggest problem with Parallax mapping is I can't seem to find a balance between aesthetics and playability I.E the game lags horribly when I try parallax mapping, even when it's just a minor detail or two.

Of course, my pc was also purchased on a budget, so that might be the culprit. Still, it's something to consider when thinking about your future players.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And how do you handle parallax mapping? Since parallax bg is just an image, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Well, at least now I know how some folks have come up with their own style.
    Kinda wonder if you could make movies with the VN Maker and then port them into RM with the "Play Movie" function.
    ts50
    ts50
    Well, I suppose you could.
    MV's Character Generator has more eye options now. You can now put tears in your character's eyes. Cool.
    Working on a revamped Intro today. So far, it looks a lot better. Had to fix a prob with Event moving-I think invisible hero was in the way.
    Reactions: Sauteed_Onion
    taarna23
    taarna23
    If hero is invisible, hero should also have Through ON at that time! :D
    Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    I'm having a pretty hard time with intro cut scene myself. Kind if ridiculous imo because I am having so much success figuring out everything I was having trouble with before.
    Ok, take a crack at learning Animations. Spend about an hour or two making one. Hit Tween button. Have it all erased. Yay.
    It's only supposed to be a small game to practice my skills. But then I start writing events and these characters gain lives and stories.
    35 bucks for some Music Files? Sheesh, I'm impressed by the person's talents, but who has that kind of cash?
    Reactions: Sauteed_Onion
    SpunkyWunky
    SpunkyWunky
    You can get composers for $5 per track on Fiverr, but they usually don't speak great english lol
    mlogan
    mlogan
    There is also a vast amount of free music from some great artists here. Even if someone else has used it, the chances that it's been used in a completed, released and known game are very slim, so it will be like new to your players.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yup, the work here is as cheap as it can get. A compromise for freelancers to earn a buck and indies to not pay a fortune. Musicians can easily charge $50 for a track and even more if they work on a hourly rate. A full time programmer can earn $3000 monthly, which is about $17/hour. But do it here and you're out of business, because not many people have so much to pay.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilhelm