Onomotopoeia
Last Activity:
Feb 25, 2016
Birthday:
Dec 22, 1973 (Age: 45)
North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way

Share This Page

Onomotopoeia

I don't know, nobody's told me yet., Male, 45, from North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way

Veteran

Ugh. That moment when family isn't arguing directly, but instead grumble about each other's problems.... Aug 14, 2015

Onomotopoeia was last seen:
Feb 25, 2016
    1. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Ugh. That moment when family isn't arguing directly, but instead grumble about each other's problems....
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        That happens too often. You have my sympathies.
        Aug 14, 2015
    2. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Another thought on my potential game idea. "... but what if the Evil Overlord was really the *good* guy??" (or girl, whatever)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        What comes in mind here is that old character plot; the very bad evil guy who pass all along for the good guy and fool the heroes in their long quests making them do evil deeds while they think doing things for the good side. And they are devastated when they finally understand it was always a lie.
        Jul 19, 2015
      3. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        Ah, that's an interesting take, a "reversal of expectations" story.

But in my case, I kinda already "saw" the plot as a mini-movie in my mind (I have a *very* active and potent imagination) and more-or-less intend that the overlord went "evil" due to specific situations when younger.
        Jul 20, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        That works too. :) We had a lot of tyrants in history like that!
        Jul 21, 2015
    3. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      I have a recurring game idea that I wonder if it's been done before. Essentially, it would be a sequel to a previous game -- any previous game -- where the good guys have won, and you are playing the evil overlord, now banished to some nameless, formless limbo. The point of the game is not about power (or, not directly) but about self-examination and internal "growth" of character. Ideally, the game would allow the character to create some kind of "mental realm" in this vo...
      2. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        This sounds like something I would sink hours into.
        Jul 17, 2015
      3. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        Thanks for that, Marquise, NeoFantasy. It's hard to know exactly how long a game this idea could turn out to be; could be anything between a half-hour let's try, or a ten-hour full playthrough. How does anyone quantify this???

Anyway. It does seem like a decent idea for a game; hence my update post. But somehow I still have a nagging feeling that I'm missing some flaw in the idea; if nobody can find one, I guess I'll just have to try to start developing it, to see whether...
        Jul 17, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        start one step at the time... I would list the needs for my game first.
        Jul 17, 2015
    4. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      The day before Cinco de Mayo is a day Star Wars fans know: "May the Fourth be with you." Hahha. But seriously; does anyone do anything on that day? I presume cosplayers might, it may be interesting to see some of it.
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Apr 27, 2015
      3. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        I just discuss the movies with friends, lol.
        Apr 27, 2015
      4. Project CROSS
        Project CROSS
        In that day and any other days..... im in my room. o3o
        Jun 26, 2015
    5. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      I am drained of energy, emotion. 3 days ago I spent a couple hours trying to talk a person out of committing suicide, and I'm not even sure I succeeded in the convincing. 2 days ago is this April Fool's day an nobody would believe me. Yesterday I said "to heck with it." Now, I ... just don't know how to feel. Numb, I guess. Someone, tell me, I tried to do the right thing....
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        (hug) Just remember that ultimately people are responsible for their own choices and there's only so much we can do to help them along their way. Continue to let this person know you care - it may go farther than you realize.
        Apr 3, 2015
      3. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        Not to expose too much of the details, but I'm not sure I can get through to her. But, I *am* sure that I want to accuse the people who procure the alcohol, the drugs, and any other mind-altering substances that she abuses, of being partially at fault. I'm not involved in any of that; I keep my life as clean as possible. Still conflicting issues, though; because seeing someone in pain and talking of suicide is just as hard.
        Apr 3, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I will read cliché here but you did the right thing.

I guess we all have our own way to deal with futureshock in this necrotic society. It seems really hard to tell others they are not disposable goods when all the medias seems to promote the idea. that we can't feel good unless buying an ephemeral utopia piece.

We must never forget what's make us real. We all have to care. <3
        Apr 3, 2015
    6. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Tomorrow. I turn 41 years of age, and I feel every day of it. Now, I don't celebrate birthdays because of personal religious beliefs, but nevertheless, it's not easy to get older. (41? old? hmm) Nervously counting down the hours.
      2. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        I guess I shouldn't complain; I've still got parents and siblings. -- As long as we can still put a smile on, no matter what the age number, we will be alright. I think.
        Dec 22, 2014
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well not to idolize yourself 41 is still a great accomplishment and I wish it would be happy to you and that you see at least 41 more of theses!
        Dec 26, 2014
      4. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        ... times INFINITY....
        Dec 26, 2014
    7. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      I'm currently sick, experiencing a soar, inflamed throat and hoarse voice. Not doing so well, right now...
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Get well soon :) And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
        Dec 21, 2014
      3. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        Ah, yeah, that was from a while ago; good news, I *am* already feeling better, just don't feel like I have much energy to spare for anything...
        Dec 21, 2014
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        YAY! Hurrah!
        Dec 21, 2014
    8. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      I'm a bit perplexed on how I could have a development blog with 8 posts, 2221 views, but _only 7 comments_ this whole time. Why all the views and few comments? Granted, a few of the views might be search engines and blog-scrapers; but, still.... AI CHIHUAUA! ... *bzzt* *sigh* Okay. I'm good, just had to blow a minor fuse.
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        I get a ton of views on my blogs, too, but the majority is from bots.
        Sep 16, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        I have like 100 views a day, but only one comment on the entire lot of blog posts! :p
        Sep 16, 2014
      4. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        On the plus side, I'm really trying now to return the favor, comment for comment; so, I hope that helps engender goodwill and get maybe a few more comments. Does it work like this?
        Sep 16, 2014
    9. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Logged into one of my alternate/spare e-mail accounts, to find that it had been accessed from somewhere that is NOT my location. Which means, it was likely hacked. -- And now I gotta lotta password changes to do.
      2. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        Yea, these things happen from time to time. :)
        Sep 13, 2014
      3. TwilightTeddiez
        TwilightTeddiez
        I hate when that happens. Though it's taught me to not use my name for my password anymore xD
        Sep 13, 2014
      4. Onomotopoeia
        Onomotopoeia
        Hehehe, thankfully I never did that, because I've always been cautious when it comes to passwords -- except in this one case, I didn't make it more complex than it was. Thankfully, the damage seems limited to that one Hotmail account, so... there's that.
        Sep 13, 2014
    10. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Second posting in my gamedev.net development journal.
    11. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Getting started on my gamedev.net journal; talking about my development efforts. See the link in my signature to take a look.
    12. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      The loneliest thing to see in one's messenger dropdown: "There are no messages to show"
    13. Onomotopoeia
      Onomotopoeia
      Yes I do have a lot of ideas. I have ideas for some development projects, many of which I have actually started projects as works-in-progress.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 22, 1973 (Age: 45)
    North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way
    First Language:
    English

Signature

I am making my own "Alternative RPG Maker" editor and engine!

----

"You can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for lunch...."

Friends call me Gregory; gee, I don't know why, now that I think about it....