optimum45
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The last play through of my Visual Novel emotionally moved me for the first time. It's almost there...almost there...
    I'm starting to hear the voices of my characters in my mind. The desire to use vocal actors is, as of now, not possible, due to the exploding nature of your budget when hiring voice actors...
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Mr Iron Croc is very high on the list of people I'd love to hire if I could afford to pay you what you're really worth to my project. :p

Your voice work would go well for one of my mains, as well as your voice when combined with the right female voice, could also be a very powerful voice for "The Orb".

Some day...some day
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Also, it does stand to note that I do actually already copy the inflections of some of these characters. The power of a story...
    Ruby
    Ruby
    I would do it for free. Lol. People say I have a very pleasant voice.
    Most of my testers are saying the same thing. Stuck between a game and a TV show, I need to pick one. The Prologue will remain partially interactive. All future "episodes" will likely be fully automated, television show style.
    Considering making my visual comic books entirely automated...still using the VXAce engine...People like shows...right?
    SLEEP
    SLEEP
    sounds cool
    Banquo
    This is something I'll try to do! For the intro and perhaps for cutscenes, too! :)
    The first person to play through my "Visual Novel" wasn't a gamer at all, but a devout reader. Getting "major kudos" from a non-gamer has ignited drive to continue.
    Would anyone be interested in "playtesting" a 10+ minute "Visual Novel" made using VX Ace? I can promise that it isn't terrible! ^_^
    After working through the entire weekend on pure inspiration, the Prologue Visual Novel is now mostly complete, and better than I had hoped. It's shine and polish time!
    Two days of total obsession and the most important parts of the visual novel are in place. Everything else from here is just gloss and shine...and I still can't rest... :o
    NPC
    NPC
    This is the part of the development cycle when you start to ask...what if there was ANOTHER branch? Don't do it, it's a slippery slope. Suddenly you'll have two more trees.
    My first thought when I wake up, and the last thought before I rest. Until this story is finished, it is my entire world.
    It is my last thought before I go to bed, and the first thought I have when I wake up. Every day it gets a little better.
    After a great deal of research, I found no way to "distort" text boxes to simulate the effect I wanted. I have to rethink my strategy.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Can you distort simple messages on the screen instead? I know you can overlay text without the boxes on the screen.
    I've never wanted to teach others because I've never felt like it was my place. That seems to have changed, by simply not giving a...
    My query letters to various Literary Agencies are now out there. It's my first try to "seduce" a Literary Agent, so my only hope is that I'm not totally ignored. ^_^
    I wonder if there is a market for professional beta testers. If I'm not one by now, they don't exist. :D
    The Prologue has been mapped and storyboarded. On to my favorite part. Telling the actual story. ^_^
    cabfe
    cabfe
    It's also one of the most difficult to do. Beware the infamous infodump!
    optimum45
    optimum45
    I did my info dump in the map building part. 23 bookshelves, each with a 3-4 page book and a summary option. :o Purely optional too. xD
    Convergence 3-1 has become like my own private "Star Wars 4". I started at a natural story point for a game...and now I have to start at the beginning and catch up.
    23 bookshelves in two rooms. Each with it's own 4 page book and 1 page summary relevant to the story world, finished in under 4 hours. Not a bad clip I think.
    We live in a world full of cowards. Full of people that fear intelligence and aspire to ignorance. They would sooner berate your work to try to steal it, than admit that you have done well.
    Misty
    Misty
    So true! Happens to me all the time. I also can believe people think 3D is better. 2D is as popular as 3D.
    L.W. Flouisa
    L.W. Flouisa
    Luckily I think Only ever encountered this once. But it is an issue.
    Before I went to sleep last night, I added the "Humble Bundle" folder to my Media Player's library. It's still bloody working on it! O_O
    Seriel
    Seriel
    0_0

That's a lot of music.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    It's the wav files man, the wav files.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    I never told it what not to do. It's pulling, or attempting to pull, all data for all tracks including sound effects, ME's, and everything else for all of them.

Kind of hilarious, but also kind of scary.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray