optimum45
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I must have asked the right question to finally start getting the right responses. Since no one wants to answer me honestly, I can only assume that it's surreptitious, and we have to consider pulling our project from this medium.
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    What questions, what project? o_O
    It took three days, but I have finally completed this insane dialog tree. I literally wrote a book into this thing.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    And before you bash me for content overload, it's a switch driven npc that frequently stops and lets you "ask questions", and offers to break to continue the game. It's built in a way that either you can sit there and hear the entire bloody story, or not. The game will inform you anyway if the appropriate switches aren't on. It might actually be quite brilliant.
    So, if I suspect that my IconSet has ripped Icons, what do I do?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Agreed. Avery's got tons anyway, and if those don't suit your needs there are lots over at OpenGameArt.org
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    I wouldn't chance it. There's too much of a risk that, say, Nintendo and Square-Enix might change their stance on fangames at any time, and as for the others, don't use them at all.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Thanks for all the input. :) I have pulled my icon set and am using one that came with a pack while I decide what to do.
    I feel like I'm drowning in ideas. That would be a good thing if I could actually do any of it.
    Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    for now just write it down. It's better to put it on paper or back them up online so that when you CAN do something with them you have the ideas already written out. Just my two cents.
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Story of my life :)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I second the write them down idea. For 7 years of my life (graduate school) I didn't have time to work on the ideas, so I just wrote them down. Now that I'm done with taking classes, I am finally able to act on one of them.
    At first, I thought this just as a distraction. Now it's my Life's Work. It's funny how that happens.
    I can't hire a mapper without changing tilesets. Can't change tilesets without changing art direction. What to do...
    Blinn
    Blinn
    At least you can afford to hire a mapper.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Out of pocket expense for a private labor of love. :) I consider it a better investment than getting smashed all weekend long. :D
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Why do you need to switch tilesets? Does the mapper not have it available?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RizkyBiznizz