Recent content by orathan

1. Eventing Tutorial for Creating custom Text Windows

I didn't notice that part before ( -_-") Although it could be done by using pre-made pictures I was just thinking if the snapshot could be shrunk to a certain percentage and be used as a window background for producing a camera effect.
  2. Eventing Tutorial for Creating custom Text Windows

I know that this is a tutorial for text windows but since you mentioned the background snapshot when entering scenes I'd like to ask a question about it. How would you use that snapshot as a background for a window.  Is it Graphics.snap_to_bitmap? If yes, how should it be used? If no, how...
  3. Does anyone here know what and where can i get the script used in

Does anyone here know what and where can i get the script used in
  4. Mouse System

Choices in menus can still be clicked even when the mouse cursor is not over the highlighted choice by the menu cursor.  Could you make it possible to have it check if the cursor is within the rectangle of the highlighted choice? EDIT:  Pathfinding also gets messed up after loading a saved game.
  5. Uhm... why does it need to be taken out in the first place?

Uhm... why does it need to be taken out in the first place?
  6. Examine event tile three times before you get an item?

This can also be achieved by using 3 self switches. The event should contain 4 pages Page 1 - No condition, contains text that you want, Self Switch A = ON Page 2 - Condition: Self Switch A is ON, contains text that you want, Self Switch A = OFF, Self Switch B = ON Page 3 - Condition: Self...
  7. Pearl ABS + Tool Common Events

Do you just want the dagger to be seen flying away from the player?  If yes, do the ff. changes to weapon 72's weapon tags: User Graphic = nil User Anime Speed = 30 Tool Cooldown = 0 Tool Graphic = nil                   <-- change nil to the graphic of the dagger Tool Index = 0 Tool Size...
  8. Teleport to a specific location after random encounter instead of game over

If your goal is to teleport the player to a specific place through common event, you'll be able to pull it off with Yanfly's Death Common Event.
  9. player position

Would it be possible if you just set... or Which one would be correct?
  10. RPG maker vx ace sprite help

When you say build, do you also mean create? If so, would this be what you are looking for? http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/ And what actually do you mean by modern style?
  11. Pet Follow But Not Battle

Would this be what you are looking for? http://falcaorgss.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/41/ That script doesn't just let you have a pet as a follower but you can also command it to do stuff.
  12. How to make them look at you?

Make use of LoS and the "Set Move Route - Turn toward Player" command.  Maybe add another "invisible" event in a town map which contains conditional branches that checks the player's distance from each individual event.  If the player is close enough to an event, "Set Move Route - Turn toward...
  13. Memorable Choices

You can refer to this: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18793-yanomrys-comprehensive-event-learner-kit/ It also covers other basic tutorials that people sometimes (ok, most of the time) overlook.
  14. One Use Per Battle Spells

I tried this one and it worked just fine.  If the method above does not suffice as an alternative try this one: - Add $game_switches[x] = true; to the skill's formula and make the state and common event below as its features - Make a "Seal" state that seals the skill above - Create a common...
  15. One Use Per Battle Spells

Why not try changing the character's class that has a feature "seal skill"?  Make the skill call a common event that changes your actor's class with another identical class that seals the skill itself. Haven't tried this method but I think that it would work (in theory).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinseltownie