orochi2k
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Certainly, later engines may have more autotiles in one tileset than RMXP. But, that's an illusion. I can just turn it all autotiles into normal tileset and use a script to automatically adjust. And, the size of RMXP's tileset is unlimited. :kaojoy:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    While it may not be limited, adding too many tiles can cause your game to lag badly.
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    Yes, but, there is another trick with multiple bitmap caches. :kaojoy:
    XBox Controller support online. (Also, hack-fixed some controller bugs of invwindy's RGD. >.>)
    AI-generatedGermanTextv2.jpg
    AI-generatedRussianText.jpg
    I don't speak German or Russian. Thus, I am trying to make an AI do the translation.
    However, I just realized I have no idea to tell whether the result is good or bad. :kaoswt2:
    Anyway, as the template has been set. The text files can be easily modified in case anyone is interested to improve the results.
    OtherDarkZero
    OtherDarkZero
    That menu looks really nice! :thumbsup-right: It's pretty cool that you're translating your game.
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    Yes, the current goal is just to establish a few localization templates, trying to localize a few UI as examples, providing tools for anyone who is interested to localize the game into their languages. (Most languages shall have no problem except maybe Arabic which is currently too complex for my system).
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    On the other hand, maybe technology will eventually advance to achieve much better machine translation in the future. I need to make sure that I have prepared the ground when that day comes. :kaojoy:
    constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.
    :kaojoy:Here comes a better driver AI. I sent some monks to pacify angry car drivers who previously just run over people without any consideration of life.
    (Sorry, no English version of the video this time.)
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Sun Tzu the art of car? XD
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    So, does nothing happen when the cars hit the monk at speed? Oh, and what does the monk say at the end?
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    On the logical level, the cars didn't hit the monk. They stop before the collide can happen. (Otherwise, it will trigger a damage pop-up). The monk is just quoting something randomly from Buddism books. In this video, he says "For as long as space endures. And for as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide To dispel the misery of the world."
    traficaccidence.jpg
    "It's time to add cars into the city!"
    --- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    That's what you get for jay-walking xD
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    :kaojoy:I decide to spend another hour teaching my artificial idiot drivers about traffic rules.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    The car only did 1 point of damage, so the character was too weak for adventuring anyways :kaopride:
    OK, I found a way to stop videos that are playing under the RGD environment. The only drawback is a second of black screen when it transitions back to the game. Still better than RGSS3's video control.
    I fixed a bug that I am unable to reproduce. It ends up as a bug related to the computer's I/O speed and cache. Thanks to a friendly player's help. >.>
    GetAsyncKeyState didn't work as intended. So, I have to update the states every frame. I guess... I debugged all the way from script to WIN32API :kaoswt2:
    • Wow
    Reactions: Alador
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    OOOOK! it's not a good idea to call an update for all keys with WIN32API (especially when there is also a steam layer between them).
    The optimization solution is shooting some arrays to GetKeyboardState.
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    It's mostly something for non-RGD/non-Steam version of the game. RGD has default keyboard support. I am just implementing everything on RGSS layer... :kaoswt2:
    :kaojoy: OK, let me try to make a video that causes less confusion. But, it may also cause more confusion. :kaoswt2:
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    woah, this looks- so advanced
    fizzly
    fizzly
    Um, it looks like a game made on drugs :D Fighting with a tree with a machine gun.... I like it xD
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    :kaoswt2:Yes, I can feel my sanity fading away in the past months.
    Reactions: fizzly
    A player told me "A game where you can have 3 kittens wearing AK-47 shooting everyone is rare!" Thus, he played my demo 7 hours without stop. Not sure I shall add more kittens or more AK-47s... >.>
    What's creepier? People die and leave a blood texture. Or...people die and leave a pile of flowers because of censorship? -_-
    Reactions: RomVHS
    Ami
    Ami
    (Cough...Cough) Kids Always Watch It (Cough...Cough)
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    RomVHS
    RomVHS
    Although I like both- the sight of blood tips me off for something wrong going on while with the sight of flowers, I might not think about it too much. It would definitely feel more sinister and impactful once they would come up in such sinister situations though.

That's just me rambling- but whether or not you like the psychological idea of flowers instead of blood, I think it'd be a great way a censor!
    Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
    Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
    Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
    May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really wish I could find work with a similar schedule to my gf(10-5 or 11-6)
I need some moneys >.>
I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8a888s