Recent content by Orpheus

1. Orpheus

FREE Lost Lineage (UPDATED 03/30/18)

======UPDATE====== It has been a while, but this project is slowly (but surely) still moving forward. So, I figured I'd give an update on what's been happening so far and what is still needed. ===PROGRESS=== For starters, I'd like to give a HUGE (and I mean HUUUUGE) thanks to @HatJump for his...
  2. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

@Titanhex Definitely good food for thought; I think I'm getting closer to about 20 (or possibly lower) for the fully completed just because, like you said, more units would mean even more meticulous balancing between them. Overall, this is just something I'll have to test and test over again...
  3. Orpheus

@genjiblackwood I'd gladly welcome you to the project! I'll email you some details a bit later.
  4. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

@Tai_MT To answer the question, the point of the Level Cap is to be the "end" to what I can only describe as the "timeline" of each character's stat growth and skill gaining. It makes planning their progression easier from a development standpoint. As for the Level Ups, if I'm giving meaning...
  5. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

@TheoAllen I misspoke: When I said "numbers", I was talking actual numbers (as in stat numbers), not number of units (Fire Emblem limits how many you can bring for each map anyways, but that's besides the point). In FE, even if you send an entire team of Level 1s after a Level 15, they'd all...
  6. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

@Titanhex It certainly does help. You have my thanks.
  7. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

@TheoAllen Technically, it's for a tactical (grid-based combat) game with a large cast. That aside, from what I understand, XCOM seems to more tactical than RPG, at least compared to Fire Emblem. In the case of Fire Emblem, a low-level unit (who isn't of a promoted class) has little to no...
  8. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

@Titanhex Allow me to ask this then, in regards to the lower cap side of the spectrum: Would you, as a player, feel it would be worth it to take your 20+ characters through the process of killing 30 or so equal-leveled enemies for each character just to be able to have a roughly balanced and...
  9. Orpheus

Stat and Level Caps

Greetings. So for the project I'm working on (see signature; searching for team members) the game functions closer to a game like Fire Emblem, where rather than having a party of usually under 10 or so people, you essentially have a small armies' worth of people (somewhere around 20-30+) that...
  10. Orpheus

Technical bump, but I am still looking for anyone interested in working on this project together. Would also like to thank @HatJump for their involvement so far. As of right now, there are a total of 2 people (besides myself) who have joined in on the project, and you know what they say; the...
  11. Orpheus

@HatJump First of all, thanks for responding to the recruitment (still kinda worried not many will). Secondly, I'd love to have you as a part of this! I went over your soundcloud (both the ones you recommended and others) and I'd say my favorites so far were Dusklight Duel and Into Battle. If...
  12. Orpheus

Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

Just something I've been mulling over for a bit, but for my current project, a tactical RPG in the likeness of Fire Emblem (which I am also recruiting team members for; see signature for shameless self-promotion), I was wondering how this sounds for a "loadout" (couldn't think of a better term)...
  13. Orpheus

Potential tester; acknowledged. I'll take those ideas into consideration as well, so thanks for the contribution. I personally struggle with color choice, so any suggestions like that really help. :)
  14. Orpheus

Greetings. I am, as the this forum obviously implies, looking to recruit team members for the project currently dubbed "Lost Lineage" (also known under the name as "Lost Lineage: Starfallen"), so I'll get right too it. Engine: RPG Maker MV Genre: RPG, Tactical, Strategy. Fantasy Lore The...
  15. Orpheus

DaveyBriteRpg - Musical Creation and Voice Acting

Greetings! I'd like to make a request (after coming from the RR threads), so here it is: Genre: Main Battle Theme for tactical RPG (in the likeness of Fire Emblem) Instruments Required: Violins, Trumpets, etc. I think orchestral instruments would work best for this, if that's not too much to...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morkex2