Ouro
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wizards: No sense of right and wrong.
    unknown.png
    No better feeling than part of a project just clicking into place without a single issue.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    That is always a nice feeling.
    Alador
    Alador
    ah, can't relate... there's always something... always something going wrong inexplicably where the only solution is close out open back up rinse and repeat for a week until it decides to do what I want... ah game dev is my favorite hobby :kaocry:
    Reactions: Ouro
    Working on my new party member, the Witch and hoo boy. Rarely does a character need such a large amount of backstage infrastructure for so simple an effect.
    Friend: I really like how the blue magic works in this game, what kind of javascript code did you use for it?
    Me: uh yeah code, haha, i know how to code. :rswt2:
    unborn275.png
    A youtuber was nice enough to play my demo! He's right that I really need to stop calling it a demo though...
    • Love
    Reactions: SigmaSuccour
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    No, it means "the act of exhibiting...a product...as to a prospective buyer." So the intent of a demo is to showcase just the right amount of the right things to make someone want to buy your game, it's not just any incomplete version (that's alpha/beta/etc.).
    Mr. Detective
    Mr. Detective
    That guy is good. Too bad he doesn't have enough followers or even well-known in the community. Your game doesn't seem like it changed that much ever since SB played it, though.
    Ouro
    Ouro
    It's got roughly twice as much stuff in it, actually.
    Another day, another big bug. I'm so damn pissed that the way things played out meant that I've ended up catching these things post-release. Mortifying.
    I should really update the demo by adding Action Sequences at some point but I'm worried that they'll break everything as it is. Phew...
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I can probably help you with that if need be.
    Ouro
    Ouro
    Thanks! Something to consider after the next update maybe. It'd be a big enough job that it'd need an update all to itself, I feel.
    Nothing better than finding a massive bug just hanging out in a very important spot AFTER you shipped the update. How did I not notice this earlier?
    With the update I'm currently working on, I'll soon be able to have the two essential Tank Archetypes in my game:

1) A big burly man in armour
    and
    2) A lady in a miniskirt with no visible protective gear whatsoever.
    I've resolved to focus my efforts on improving the old already-existing content before I do anything new but man! I want to add new content!
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    There's something to be said about polish. I absolutely know the problem of having to go back and fix stuff up before I continue. Just see if you can fix things up enough to add new content, and look forward to the new stuff too.
    Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
    Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
    Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
    Some people say the strangest things and yet with such an unassailable air of authority. You just know immediately that it isn't worth trying to argue with them.
    Upside: Having a thing in a dungeon that can turn out multiple different ways and drastically effect the rest of the dungeon going forward
    Downside: holy moly that's a lot of extra writing...
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I feel you, I'm making a game right now where there's 4 different main characters you can play as. Each event is 4 times as much writing as it would be with one MC.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    that's exactly how open-world games came to dominate the market: "that's a lot of writing! let's make it random and untested instead."
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Or imagine making a game with branching scenarios & multiple endings. Then there's making sure that those multiple scenarios don't get mixed up.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Played and finished Mad Father, one of the older RPGmaker horror games out there. That was one mad, MAD father
Hi, I am new here, exciting! Emmm where to change my head portrait?
I now have an idea of how to approach my IGMC entry for this year's theme, as well as a working title (TBA). Given the limited time I can spare, I'm going with a game design that doesn't require a battle system. Something that could be expanded if I want to make it a longer game, but can probably be played through within 2 hours (the goal for now), at least on a speed run.
很好,我喜欢你的游戏独特的用户界面
In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetaVN