Recent content by outcry312

1. outcry312

Hotspot call common event issue

Hi, I've been looking around for common event trouble like this and don't see anything similar. Sorry if there's an obvious answer to this issue but I can't figure out what's happening here. So I've created a version of the issue without excess code and got pics of the common event code here...
  2. outcry312

Let's play judge! Top picks for the IGMC.

The faceless style works well for the type of setting it's in. The characters are identifiable by their sole black... thing on their body. Like a bowtie, or lips, or a mustache. The gameplay has you walking around and conversing, and then "battles" are pretty strategic. It's really well written...
  3. outcry312

Let's play judge! Top picks for the IGMC.

That's why I included it with RTP. I didn't have time to reduce the size :P , but there's a version without RTP at all now, so that settles that!(meaning if someone already has RTP, they can just download that) You know, when I tried to decide what games I felt would place... I couldn't. While...
  4. outcry312

What could have been?

I planned a full story with 3 levels. I had a scope change though, and brought that number down to one. I realized then that with more time, I would want an extended edition if I could get one made. One adding quadruple the acts, each adding something new. In the end, I had to cut out the story...
  5. outcry312

What have you learned?

I learned when scope changes are invaluable, however I need to make sure every part of the game survives the change, especially the writing in my case. I had a great idea for the writing, but knew I needed a smaller game to enter in, so the scope change did wonders for me design-wise, but I...
  6. outcry312

Any news when winners are announced?

mid-august? Well, now it says late-august guys! I'm gonna be back in college then :(
  7. outcry312

I suggest sorting the comments so it's from newest to oldest. That's how I have mine set, it's a lot easier to see new comments that way.
  8. outcry312

All life is is waiting. We just have to fill that extra time with something constructive towards tha- oh wow, I'm getting really deep here :P
  9. outcry312

I agree completely, Dekita, as I said before. I have confidence in my game but there are so many good ones I can't just expect it to place. So I won't get my hopes up. I'll be working on this game regardless of winning, feedback will help nonetheless. http://rpgmaker.net/games/6402/ There you...
  10. outcry312

Well I have a gamepage, along with plenty other IGMC contest entries, on Rpgmaker.net. You can subscribe and get notices from that I suppose :P . I'd look into a newsletter if I had more people wanting updates XD
  11. outcry312

Yeah, feedback is good too. It would just be really cool if I did place. Not getting my hopes up though. I'm working on Act 1's revision right now with my tester, and I'm working on Act 2 right now. Patience ;P P.S.: I need more Perspective too :P
  12. outcry312

I'm just hoping I place. That's all I want in life right now... placement... :P
  13. outcry312

Perspective - IGMC Contest Entry - Free-Roam Puzzle Game, Check it out!

Yeah, the player isn't able to save until after the quick tutorial. I'll be adding a spot to save in a future version for sure.
  14. outcry312

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Housekeeping. I indeed hope to make this game pop, so I'll be doing a rewrite of sorts for act 1 before going too far in act 2. Obviously not completely dictated by your feedback as I planned on doing so earlier, but there will be a even more noticeable change now...
  15. outcry312

Thanks for playing Housekeeping. I think I can definitely say now that, in the month's time I spent working on this game, I ended up focusing a bit more on the design, unconsciously. I didn't know I was doing it, but less went into the writing it seems. Quite odd to me because, well... I'm more...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swadewade