overlordmikey
Last Activity:
Feb 19, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Birthday:
December 15

Share This Page

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming, Male

Last minute adjustments to gameplay being made. Map making going smoothly. Story streamlined properly. Feb 2, 2018

overlordmikey was last seen:
Feb 19, 2018 at 10:38 PM
    1. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Last minute adjustments to gameplay being made. Map making going smoothly. Story streamlined properly.
    2. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      [jokingly]I am god and yer all just kinda living in my world![/jokingly] but seriously - you make the rules when creating yer game.
      1. Guiguimu, Puruiro and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        I couldn't agree more.
        Jan 27, 2018
        Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
      4. GameFire
        GameFire
        That is one of the more fun things about creating a fictional world (be it for a game, a book, a movie, or whathave you). As long as the world is consistent with itself and understandable (as @The Stranger said), the possibilities are almost limitless.
        And plus, it's just a lot of fun (for me, personally) to create a world and imagine the characters/players/readers/watchers running around in the world you've created.
        Jan 27, 2018
        Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
      5. chungsie
        chungsie
        more beer or wine please
        Jan 27, 2018
    3. Harrumi
      Harrumi
      Song you might like!
    4. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Me: I'm gonna have to ask for help on the forums! [takes a walk] wait a sec, the answer was crazy obvious! -_-'
      1. View previous comments...
      2. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        Instead of posting a question, I often googled my question and find answers in this site. xD
        Jan 25, 2018
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @EpicFILE That's exactly what I do, too. I've not started a single thread since joining the community. Then again, I've also been using RPG Maker since before RMW existed, and a lot of the experience you pick up is transferable from maker to maker.
        Jan 25, 2018
      4. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        @The Stranger
        Ya, I also don't start a thread if it's not about very specific questions. Google and RMW combo ftw. :D
        Jan 25, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
    5. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Wake up, work on the game, sleep, wake up, work on game sleep! All I've eaten today is crackers and breadsticks! Take better care of Mikey!
      1. The Stranger and Afterl1ght like this.
      3. Harrumi
        Harrumi
        walmart price matches! you can use a cellphone app called reebee... search what you want, pick the store with the lowest cost and add to your list.. then at the cash show them the lower price, then bam, that's what you pay.
        Jan 24, 2018
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        You know, this post got me wondering if we should start a recipe swap thread? Might be a good idea so we can share food recipes that we find good for game making. I'll see what the other mods think
        Jan 24, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        @Harrumi I don't live close enough to the local Walmart to make it practical.
        @bgillisp sounds fun.
        Jan 25, 2018
    6. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Hey fellow creators, can you throw in some gay characters (like gay dudes) inta yer games - even if as just random NPCs? I'd like that. :D
      1. Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        @Warpmind I don't know about "risky" or "sliding under the radar" since I want people to know I'm including LGBTQ+ elements, but yeah I get it.
        Jan 26, 2018
      4. GameFire
        GameFire
        @overlordmikey I think what @Warpmind is meaning is that, if you just have an npc that randomly says "I'm gay!" to the player or to another npc, it's running the risk of breaking the "show don't tell" rule. Basically, don't blatantly say something ("Sammy is really nice") when you can show it ("Sammy once nursed a little bird back to health when it couldn't fly").
        Jan 26, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        @GameFire Yes, I know. I agree.I merely stated I didn't like the terms risky and sliding under the radar.
        Jan 26, 2018
    7. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Hey everyone, I am alive! I had to scrap a bunch of stuff, but game development is going smooth. Hope the same is true fer all of you.
    8. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      ...heh, I think things are starting to look up fer me.
      1. Llareian and starlight dream like this.
    9. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Grrr, I'd like to be able to get a demo of both of BroCoGs current projects out sometime this year. I blame myself since I haven't felt well
    10. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      My hand cramps up super easy like -it's so annoying... and painful! ^_^
    11. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Been gone for almost a month. As the rep for our company that ain't good, ya know? Our games are going well and my health is... alright. ^_^
    12. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Yeah, I'm alive. I actually had some medical problems in my leg (swollen gland thing) and was in so much pain, but I'm okay.
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Sorry to hear you've joined that club (my leg has also been giving me problems, as it has a slowly healing hole in it atm.) Leg injuries/illness are the worst, or at least being housebound because of them is. I want nothing more than to take a long hike up into the mountains right now, but instead I am stuck at my computer, using your problems as a poor excuse to cute about my own.
        Oct 10, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
    13. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      I think my depression is acting up. I just I don't wanna do anything. [goes to sleep]
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Could be the seasons changing. I know I'm there, and will be for about a month. Bleh.
        Sep 26, 2017
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        That's pretty normal I think xD!
        Sep 26, 2017
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        Yeah, add in my allergies. I hate this time of year. To hot and I can barely breath.
        Sep 27, 2017
    14. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      I had a stomachache bug since the weekend. Nice to be back...
      1. TakeHomeTheCup likes this.
    15. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      [throws things at person who said 'I couldn't even tell you were gay, you don't even look gay!' as a "compliment".]
      2. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        At least I'm honest? I know you didn't mean anything by that, but that is kinda condescending just so you know.
        Sep 17, 2017
      3. Gallia
        Gallia
        You can't decide if there is meaning in my words or not, i explained above that i accept anyone as a friend, regardless of prefferences etc, i mean if it doesn't mean anything then i don't know what will, i keep things simple, nothing have to be complicated, in real or not.
        Sep 17, 2017
      4. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        Actually I CAN decide if there is meaning in yer words since you SAID THEM to ME. That's kinda how conversations work.
        Side note: The term is orientation.
        Sep 17, 2017
    16. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Them: You just want to force every character to be gay! Me:Huh? [thinks] WHAT A GREAT IDEA! EVERYONE IS GAY NOW!
      1. Varon1999
        Varon1999
        T-This is why one of my male character is now female...
        Aug 31, 2017
        overlordmikey likes this.
      2. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        That reminds me of some good advice. When writing/creating something look at yer characters and ask - does this character HAVE TO BE white/male/het/cis?
        Sep 1, 2017
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        It's a great way to ensure diversity (as long as you don't intentionally flub it by just claiming 'Yes') because 97% of the time the answer is 'No'.
        Sep 1, 2017
    17. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Oh my, it turns out South East Asia is also experiencing terrible floods that have killed over a thousand people and has displaced millions.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Has this one already killed that many? Just wondering because I read only a few hours ago that the concerns were that it would end up being like one a few years ago that had killed thousands.
        Aug 30, 2017
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        That's what I've heard, but I'll be honest - I haven't gotten much of a chance to research it. A lot of news have been more focused on Texas so...
        Aug 30, 2017
      4. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        [sigh] it's sad to think this stuff is just gonna get worse and worse.
        Aug 30, 2017
    18. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      So much work to be done. But I'm starting to get back my joy in making stuff! I suffer from depression and was having problems before.
      1. Susan
        Susan
        Good to hear that you're starting to have fun again. Good luck and always take care of yourself first. :D
        Aug 27, 2017
        Dalph and overlordmikey like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        As we Czechs say, keep calm and keep your legs warm :) Good to hear you're fine.
        Aug 27, 2017
        Susan and overlordmikey like this.
      3. KaiWeWi
        KaiWeWi
        Good that you are getting better. Fighting depression is so dayum hard. I'm basically at the same point right now. Still not okay but doing a lot better than recently.
        Stay strong :)
        Aug 28, 2017
        Susan likes this.
    19. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Wanna know the worst ways to react to constructive criticism? Complaining that someone is raking you over the coals for pointing out the
      2. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        Oh indeed, we're going to have a final meeting with her and if it goes the way we expect I doubt I'll have much reason to mention her again...ever.
        Aug 27, 2017
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        Be terrible if she got MV afterwords without listening to us - then tried to join this site - honestly she'd probably get banned or something pretty quickly - she tends to be very hostile toward people.
        Aug 27, 2017
      4. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        Frankly I just wanna help her - even if I loath her. The less ignorant people in the world the better.
        Aug 27, 2017
    20. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Remember you can go about yer life during an Eclipse, but don't look at it without protection - it can damage yer eyes.
      1. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        That said, someone pointing out that looking at the shadow cast by trees during an Eclipse it supposed to be pretty amazing - I ain't go protective eye gear so many I'll check that out.
        Aug 21, 2017
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Make a pinhole camera! I got fancy with mine, but a piece of card with a hole in it and a bit of sidewalk is even enough! That, or Shade 12 welding goggles will do the trick.
        Aug 22, 2017
      3. overlordmikey
        overlordmikey
        Eh' I might - that was the other suggestion.
        Aug 22, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    December 15
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm Michael: I'm gay, I play video games, and I read a lot...

Also I make video games.

My brother and I created a small gaming company (BroCo.Gaming)

Reading Novels
    Musicals
    Video Games